Chapter Three

Waiting

 

I had to run because I didn't have a car yet, sadly. I ran as fast as I could to Key's house. After 20 minutes of running, I was at his front door. I rang the doorbell and waited. Key's cousin opened the door.

"Jonghyun?" He said confusedly.

"Taemin. Where's Key?"

"Hyung, he left."

"What? What do you mean?"

"He said, quote, 'Taemin! Jjong didn't keep his promise. I'm not going to stay here, knowing he moved on. I'm going back home."

"He was out the door before I could say anything. My dad drove him to the airport."

"What?!?!?"

"Hyung, what did you do?"

"Nothing I swear! Well, I did do something. But I can explain."

"Go explain it to Kibum-hyung. He's the one that need to hear it."

"Taemin, you can take me to the airport right?"

"Yeah. Let's go now!"

"Okay. Sure."

I still couldn't believe how he was 3 years younger than me but already had a drivers liscense and car.

He rushed me to the airport and screamed at me "He's going to be boarding Flight 0213 at Gate 17. Hurry!"

I nodded and sprinted into the building. I ran passed security and kept running ignoring their screams of "STOP!" and "Get back here!". Key was more important.

Eventually, the security gave up. (A/N: I know that doesn't happen in real life, but let just pretend it can happen here :) Then I heard an announcement. "Flight 0213 from Seoul to Tokyo, Japan is boarding in 5 minutes. Repeat. Flight 0213 from Seoul to Tokyo, Japan will board in 5 minutes.

Five minutes?! I had 5 minutes to get Key before boarding the plane. I looked up and saw the sign "Gate 8". 9 Gates to go before Key. I started running again.

4 minutes left, I see Gate 10.

3 minutes left, I see Gate 12.

2 minutes left, I see Gate 14.

When I saw Gate 15, another announcement went off "Flight 0213 from Seoul to Tokyo, Japan is now boarding and will be taking flight shortly.

When I looked up I saw the sign "Gate 17", but Key was no where in sight.

I sat in a chair looking out the window. After 3 years, he comes back. And after less than 2 hours, he goes back. I'm so stupid. I looked out the window seeing that the plane was taking off. I let a tear stroll down my face.

I was too late.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: This story has not been marked complete yet. There is still one more chapter! 

         Actually...what would you guys like? One more chapter or a longer story?