Chapter One

Waiting

 

~Flashback~

They were sitting on the couch together. Key knew he had to tell his boyfriend sooner or later, so he spoke up.

"Jjongie~" Key chimed.

"Yes Yeobo?" Jonghyun smiled.

"You know I love you right?" Key asked.

"Of course. Why are you asking that?"

"I-I.."

"Key, what's wrong?"

Tears started streaming from Key's eyes. Jonghyun knew this meant something serious was happening.

"I-I'm moving."

"What?" Jonghyun said shocked.

"My parents want me to live in a better city with better schooling."

"But Key-" He was cut off when Key embraced him in a tight hug.

"Jjong, I don't know when or if I'm coming back."

"Don't worry, we'll get through this."

"I don't even know where I'm moving too."

"Shhh.....it's okay." He said, still trying to calm down his sobbing boyfriend.

"Jjongie, you'll wait for me right?"

"Of course I will. I love you Kim Kibum."

"I love you too."

"I'll wait for 1,000 years if I had too. I'll always be by your side." (A/N: Lol sorry. I wrote 1,000 years, and I just couldn't resist.) 

"I'll try to come back as soon as I can okay?"

"Okay. I'll be here waiting for you." He said with a smile.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

That was 3 years ago.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Key's POV

I'm finally back. I miss Korea so much. I miss Seoul so much. I miss Jjong so much. Wait, I'm back. I'm really back. So Jjong's waiting for me! I smiled thinking about this. Right when my parents told me that I could come back, I was so excited. I was also sad though, because they said that they were still staying in Japan. But we still had our old house in Seoul, and I was allowed to live there. Pushing that asidet, I was so excited I forgot to tell Jjong. Oh well, I'll just surprise him. He's probably still living in the same house.

Jjong and I were talking to each other by phone or messaging each other online ever since I was gone. Except, for the past year, we've been slowing down. We haven't talked that much. But I'm sure he's just busy. I mean, he's a senior, of course he's going to be busy.

After getting all my luggages I got a taxi and told them to take me to Jjong's house. The ride took about 30 minutes. I paid the taxi driver then rushed to the front door. I rang the doorbell and waited. Then the door opened.

"Kibum?" A person asked.

"Hi Mrs. Kim!" I said and hugged her. She always liked me. She was like my 2nd mother.

"What are you doing here? I thought you moved."

"I did, but we came back!" I exclaimed happily.

"Does Jonghyun know?" She asked.

"No, I was so excited I forgot to tell him."

"Oh, but Kibum-" I interruped her.

"Is he home? I'll go tell him now!" I said with a smile, then ran into her house. I'm sure she didn't mind. I knew she loves me.

However, I didn't love what I saw. I opened the door to Jjong's room, and saw him kissing a girl. I froze in my spot.

Pain. Pain was spreading through my heart.

'Mom, what is it-" He paused realizing it wasn't his mom. "K-Key..."

"Oppa, who's that?" The girl asked.

"A friend babe, don't worry." Jjong told the girl.

Hurt. Hurt was spreading through my heart.

I couldn't believe it. I thought he was going to wait for me. He promised. I couldn't stand seeing this, so I ran.

"Kibum." Mrs. Kim said to me, but I ignored her.

I just walked out the front door slamming the door. I cried right when the door closed.

How could he do this to me. He promised. I never should've came back. We should've just stayed in Japan. Atleast I wouldn't have had to know about this.

I walked home, painting the sidewalk with me tears