Forgiveness

Forgiveness

“I’m so sorry. I don’t even know how many times I can say that to you to make you understand how sorry I am.” You stood there looking into the face of the man that you had thought would never have to say those words to you. His face showed obvious guilt as his eyes spilled tears down his cheeks and his voice shook with every sob. Your heart broke. It literally shattered into millions of pieces. Your eyes began to fill with tears as you stared at him without making a sound. How could he? When? Who? So many questions ran through your mind and none of them were getting answers.

Finally you spoke, “Wha-? Wh-? Ho-?” but your words would not obey your commands to come out before you broke down into a full cry. “Are you being serious right now? What happened? How could you do this to me?!” “I know! I know! I messed up! I was so drunk and I thought she was you! It was so dark and I don’t even remember anything else that happened! I’m so sorry! I’m sorry! Please forgive me! Please! It meant nothing! You are the most important thing in my life and I can’t lose you! You are my life…” More sobbing as he got on his knees and hugged you around the waist. You stood there with tears falling out of your eyes like a waterfall and your body shaking from the silent sobs escaping your mouth. You didn’t know what to do. Should you forgive him? You wanted to, but every time that thought entered your mind it was blocked by the image of him with her. Them. Together. Not you. As badly as you wanted to forgive him, because clearly he knew he was wrong and it was a mistake, you couldn’t shake that image. You continued to cry, but your tears were silent. He continued to sob and cling to you as if you’d disappear into thin air.

After ten minutes, his cries were beginning to subside so you touched his head signaling you were ready to talk. He looked up and hurriedly wiped his face and stood up in front of you. You did the same and spoke first. “Let’s be adults about this, Ji. I don’t want to lose you either. But my heart…Ji…” Tears began to form again and he hugged you so hard that you felt you would pop. “My heart is breaking, Ji. I want to forgive you, but I can’t stop picturing you with her. I don’t care who she is or what she looks like. I just can’t get over the fact that it wasn’t me.” Your face crumpled with pain and sorrow. He took your face in his hands and brushed away your tears with his thumb even though his face was soaked with them. “I can never ever say anything to make what happened go away. I made the worst mistake of my life and I will never be able to forgive myself for it. I don’t deserve your forgiveness either, but baby…” his voice broke as more tears came “I am so so so so sorry. It never would have happened if I had been more careful. I’m so stupid, but can you please forgive me? My life is nothing without you. You are the most perfect thing in my life and I don’t want to lose you over my stupid mistake. Please. I promise it will never happen again. I won’t even drink anymore. I’d give it up forever if it means you will be by my side.” He sobbed again, wiped his eyes, and then covered his face with his hands leaning forward to prop his elbows on his knees.

You were both sitting on the couch now and your heart broke even more to see Kwon Ji Yong, the tough and fierce GD sitting on your couch looking like a scared little boy and crying like a baby. You stared at him. You hated yourself a little bit because you were touched that he was like this for you. Because he loved you. You loved him too. Quietly, you took his hands away from his face and looked him in the eyes. “I forgive you, Ji. Really. I forgive you. But if anything even close to this happens again…” “We’d be over. I know.” “No…” he looked at you confused. A small smile crept up your lips. “I would kill you.” He breathed a sigh of relief and lept into your arms. “Thankyouthankyouthankyou, baby! I’m so sorry! This will never happen again, I promise you! Thank you!” He leaned back to look into your eyes and said, “I promise to remain faithful to you forever. I promise. I love you more than anything.” He leaned in to kiss you in a simple, yet passionate kiss that you knew sealed his word forever.

And with that, the other BIGBANG members burst from your bedroom door not caring if they were caught eavesdropping, but just happy that you two had worked it out. Seungri came to you with his arms open for a hug and tears streaming down his face. “Noona~~~!!!” he wailed, “You’re really the best!!!! Thank you for forgiving this pabo!!” You laughed and hugged the maknae like he was your little brother. Dae, Seunghyun, and Tae smiled at you and you hugged each one of them. Ji stood aside smiling and wiping his leftover tears, still trying to compose himself a little. “I trust that I can count on you guys to keep this one in line from now on, huh?” as you motioned to your boyfriend. He put his arm around you and gave you a sweet kiss on the lips. “Of course!” Seunghyun (T.O.P) said, “He’s grounded forever now!” You all laughed at that and then you turned to look at your Ji and said, “You’re mine. And I love you forever.” He smiled, put his arms around you, and kissed you until the members got awkward and left.