Challenge Accepted.

How to Turn Hate into Love?

The woman in front of Sam probably had the deathiest death-glare in existence. And yes, "deathiest" is a real word. Why? Because Sam said so. The way she stared down at him was so insanely scary, it was the only word that could fit.

"So," she finally began. "Why don't you begin by explaining exactly what happened?"

"W-well, I just..." Sam stuttered. So much for being cool. He was a freaking pot of boiling water compared to this icy witch. She was no witch, though. Ironically, she was an angel. One of the four head angels; the only ones given permission to directly contact God. Yeah, she was that powerful. Maybe that was why Sam felt so nervous? Because he was totally confident and charismatic the rest of the time. Yeah.

"Stop mumbling! I can't hear you when you mumble!"

"Sorry! I just... was playing with the water energy--"

"Which you know you aren't permitted to do..."

"Yeah... and it sort of got out of control."

"'Sort of'? You caused a tsunami, Sam!"

The raven-haired boy flinched. "I know, Gummy! I'm sorry! Really, I am!"

"Why were you messing around with the energy, anyway? You're a messenger angel! Leave the elements to the elemental angels! Each natural disaster is planned by God for specific reasons."

"What reasons?"

"Sam, If I knew why God does what He does, I would be God myself! But whatever. Don't worry about that. Now, for your punishment."

"Oh no..."

"You get two choices."

"That's nice, I get to pick my torture."

"One, the obvious: go burn in the deepest depths of Hell. But there's one more thing you could do."

"And that is?"

"You could become a guardian angel. For now. Successfully take care of this one case, and you can go back to your usual job. If not, I hope you like the heat."

Sam let out a groan. Being a guardian angel was tougher than humans thought. They don't just watch over them and protect them from danger with a flick of their wrists. No, they have to actually go to the human world (invisible, of course) and complete a specific task for one or more of God's "problem children" in hopes to make them change their ways. And it's hard work.

"Are you serious?"

"Yep."

"You know, looking at that last option makes Hell seem like a nice day at the beach. But if it means I have a shot at my old job, then... challenge accepted."

Gummy gave a sly smirk. "I'll let the big guy know. Have fun~ Your case is a tough one!" The woman spread out her snow-white wings and took off, looking as graceful as she was cynical.

 

"Ayo, Sam!"

Sam turned around just in time to see a boy crash into him. "Hey! What was that for?"

"Sorry, lost control of my wings for a second. I heard you're the one that caused that disaster in Japan?"

"Yeah..."

"Ooh, He must be sooo angry at you!"

"He is. Guess what my two options were?"

"What?"

"Hell and guardianism."

"Aren't those the same thing?" the blonde kid laughed.

"In a way, yes. I chose the last one."

"Woahwoahwoahwoah, wait... what?"

"I chose to be a guardian angel. Why are you looking at me like that? Some of those guys actually like their job."

"Yeah, but those are the ones with no life."

"Nobody up here has 'life,' Baekho. That's the point of being immortal."

"Okay, let me rephrase that: those are the ones with no immortal life. Happy?"

"How could I be happy in this situation?"

"Hey, look, it's the flying disaster!" Sam sighed. That voice belonged to his messenger friend, JR, who was a total idiot. Beside him was Ren, the passive elemental angel.

"Congrats. You are officially the worst angel ever created," the pretty boy stated with a deadpan face.

"Thanks, dude. Where are Minhyun and Aron?"

"They're healing angels. They have to clean up the mess you made."

Sam ran a hand through his hair. "Yeah, tell them sorry about that... And sorry for messing with your water, Ren."

"You'd better be. Baekho, aren't you mad at him?"

"Not really. I thought it was kinda funny." Baekho didn't take his job of maintaining the elements as seriously as Ren did. For a split second, you could see a look of frustration on the long-haired angel's face, but it quickly transformed back into the blank mask he wore so well.

"I'm leaving. I'm gonna go plant a tree or something." He took off, clearly angry at Baekho.

"Ren, wait! You see what you did? Now I go have to calm him down before he creates another rainforest again." JR flew away as well.

"Aw man... it's so easy to upset the kid. I'd better go apologize. Later, dude!"

All alone now, Sam shrugged his shoulders and sprawled out on a cloud. Did they have clouds in Hell? No, probably not. What a shame. There probably wasn't flying, either. Or funny friends. He pursed his lips in deep thought. "Well, it's decided. I gotta do this job right so I can stay a messenger angel. Alright then, mortals, bring it on!"

"Hey." Gummy landed in front of Sam, holding a beam of light. He took it into his hand, which made it automatically turn into a stack of papers. "Read them. Memorize them. You can't take our mail to Earth, so you have to go by memory."

"Okay." He scanned through them, soaking up the information like a sponge. Apparently, he was being assigned to two mortal boys named Yun and Teo. They absolutely hated each other, and their negative energy was causing a disturbance to the people around them. In order to fix this issue, Sam needed to find a way to make them fall in love. "Hold up... in love?"

"That's correct. They were destined to fall in love, but they haven't figured it out yet. So they need a little push in the right direction. That's where you come in."

"So I just walk in, force them to fall in love, then walk back out? It's that easy?"

"HAHAHA-- no. The catch is that angels don't have the ability to directly change the feelings of mortals. They have to alter their situations in some way to make them realize what they have to do."

"Oh. Uh... how?"

Gummy spread out her beautiful wings, preparing to leave. "That's for you to figure out! I'll drop in from time to time in order to check your progress. This is your last day up here, so enjoy it. See ya!"

The witch of an angel took off, leaving Sam with a whole new world of worries.

 

Why did I include Gummy and Nu'Est? I have no clue, I just like them. I'll probably have to add Bigbang and 2NE1 as well... Maybe Lee Hi...

ANYWHO, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Please comment and wait for the next update~ (By the way, I don't really know anything about religion, so I apologize if I did something "wrong" or offended anyone in anyway. It was not my intention. Obviously, in my mind, God is a-okay with gayness ;))