Of Pepero Kiss and Promises

In our Next Life

Eunjung:

This is probably the happiest day of my life, to finally interact with Taecyon, I’ve waited for almost a decade. Yup, you got it right, I liked Taecyon from the first time I saw him but I never really got the chance to get close to him because first, he’s so into Suzy, thus he never really notices anyone when she’s present and second, I belong to the ‘not-so-smart’ side of the class so he never really notices me, to sum it all up, I’m on the unlucky side of the thread. But now, he and I are labeled as couples although I’m very much aware that it will be short-lived, I can’t help but be happy about it. My smile turned to a frown when I notice that Suzy is walking towards us and Taecyon is smiling at her, gosh can’t she just let me live in this fairytale for a second? I really despise her for having all of Taecyon’s affection. I smiled really widely when Wooyoung cut off their looming ‘sweet talk’, I couldn’t have endured that, not without my heart breaking, well it broke a moment ago when Taecyon was smiling at Suzy, how I wish that smile is directed to me.

“Hello again,” Wooyoung’s voice snapped me out of my drama. “Just as I said before, we would be having another couple game for the top 3 couples and that game would be ‘Pepero game’” I gasped, I’ll be playing ‘pepero game’ Taecyon, the thought started an inner party in my heart.

Taecyon:

I looked at Suzy bewilderedly while she herself was processing what Wooyoung announced just now. I then turned towards my partner, who was smiling widely, she liked Wooyoung’s idea I guess. And there it was again, the sight of her smile made my whole body numb and my mind to not function properly, I just stared at her and her smile seemed to become brighter and brighter every second.

I snapped out of my daze when I felt a pat of my shoulder. “Good luck, you’ll need it” she said then went towards the audience. Suzy, she is wearing an unreadable expression right now, there was pain, happiness and confusion in her eyes that I can’t pinpoint which emotion predominates.

“Okay, so here are the rules, the couple with the shortest pepero stick would win the game” Wooyoung announced. “Ah, the price would be that gift over there, its contents would be a surprise”

Suzy:

When I heard that they would be playing the ‘Pepero game’ my mind just went blank, I don’t know why but it just did. I just stared blankly back at Taecyon while he stared at me questioningly. I don’t know what to tell him right now, heck, I don’t even understand my feelings. When he turned to look at Eunjung, everything clicked, I know now that I hate how he stares at Eunjung while Eunjung just smiled at him, rather annoyingly for my liking. I tried to say something to Taecyon but he wouldn’t budge, now I really hate this. I pulled of a poker face and tapped his shoulders, which successfully snapped him out of his daydream, whatever that dream is, and whispered “Good luck, you’ll need it”

 

 

Eunjung:

I can’t help but giggle at how Taecyon stared at me, gosh if I knew that smiling would get his attention, then I would smile non-stop for him. I also saw how Suzy looked at us, she’s jealous alright, and I couldn’t be prouder than myself, making Suzy jealous made me feel that I’m not hopeless after all, maybe, just maybe I can make Taecyon mine after all. But then again it was short-lived as Suzy managed to tear Taecyon’s attention off me. I looked spitefully at how Taecyon’s eyes followed Suzy, his eyes that is full of concern and love, I hate those.

“Please pick your pepero stick. The girls would do the biting while the guys would do the waiting, the guys however may opt to bite their pepero stick when the distance between their partner is beyond their comfort zone” and I frowned, there is no way that Taecyon would let me finish my pepero stick and let our lips touch, not with Suzy watching.

Taecyon picked the pepero and put it in his mouth. I waited impatiently for the signal, and when it came, I excitedly bit the pepero that is between me and my happiness, and Taecyon just stood still, eyes still on Suzy.

Taecyon:

I just bit the pepero unconsciously, I don’t really care about the game right now. My mind was still on Suzy, what could be running in her mind, I seriously want to know. Then I saw her mouthing words to me “Focus” that is all I can make off and I turned my attention to the game and saw Eunjung dangerously close, I broke my end of the pepero stick. I saw the disappointment flashed through her eyes but I couldn’t care less, all I want is to end this stupid game. I walked towards Suzy, and flashed her a smile in which she responded with the smile I love the most. That smile, washed all of my previous worries.

“Tough game” she commented. “I hope you win”

“Nah, I don’t really care about that, all I want now is to sit here with you” I said smiling.

“And the greaseball strikes again” she said giddily and smacked my head.

“That hurt” I complained which she just laughed off. The sound of her laugh is really beautiful, it is a melody that I never want to end.

“Hey” Wooyoung intercepted excitedly and proudly showed us their prize.

“What does it contain?” Suzy asked excitedly eyeing the box. Wooyoung smiled and opened the box, and what we saw inside cracked us up.

“It’s a bunny couple shirt” JB said in between his laughs.

“I see that the winning couple discovered their prize, we should let them wear it” the MC exclaimed. Wooyoung and IU frowned but eventually picked the couple shirts then they stopped and looked at each other. “Whoa, guys we’ve got chocolates here” IU exclaimed and Suzy hurriedly went over to take a look. “Whoa, you guys got hershey’s and toblerone, I’m so jealous right now” she cried out while pouting in the process. Wooyoung chuckled at her cuteness.

“Here take this” he handed Suzy 1 toblerone.

“Really? Oh my God, thank you Wooyoung-hyung” she exclaimed as she hugged Wooyoung. I just smiled at how cute they looked and at the realization that no matter how they act as cat and dog, they are still cousins who care and love each other.

“You called me Hyung, wow, our Suzy has finally found respect in me” Wooyoung snickered.

“I did not” Suzy said in exasperation.

“Did too”

“Did not”

Yup, they are the most loving cat and dog alive. The program concluded with the traditional exchange gifts, where we would pick the person who we will be giving the gift by draw lots, unluckily for us, or maybe luckily, we picked people outside our gang and vise versa.

“Another handkerchief again? Do the world only manufacture handkerchiefs as a gift?” Wooyoung complained as he opened his gift but stopped when he noticed someone sending deadly glares at him. “Uhm, I mean thank you for the hankerchief” he choked and we laughed at him. He cleared his throat and looked at us “So what did you guys got?”

“I got a 2pm album” Suzy exclaimed, and we looked at her in awe, the one who picked her probably has a crush on her as he knows what Suzy likes.

They then turned at me expectantly, “uhm, I got a hat, a cool hat” I said proudly and I can see Wooyoung’s disappointment.

“They got cool gifts while I got a freaking handkerchief, NOT FAIR” he cried out loud but eventually shut his mouth when he received the glare again.

“I got a Pororo plushie” JB said proudly but eventually frowned when he realized what he was holding. “Like what the hell?” and we all laughed at his stupidity.

“Now I’m thankful that I got handkerchiefs” Wooyoung exclaimed.

“I got a necklace” Jiyeon stated proudly.

“And I got a dress” IU said.

“Why is life so unfair, the one who picked you probably has a crush on you, why do I have to be picked by someone who has no taste at all?” Wooyoung cried dramatically.

“That is because no one likes you” Suzy responded, talk about rubbing salt to the wound.

“Yah, I take back my Toblerone, you ungrateful brat” Wooyoung screamed.

“No taking back what you already gave idiot” she sticks her tongue. And we ended the program with the cat and dog chasing each other.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Tired?” I asked Suzy as we walk home.

“No, I really enjoyed this day that I don’t feel a bit tired” and I smiled and pulled her hand.

“I guess you can manage our little detour then” I smiled as I pulled her forward, she never complained and just let me drag her.

“Were here” I informed her, and she stared in awe, taking every bit of the scenery.

“It’s beautiful” she said in awe, “Look at how we can see our houses here, and how the Christmas lights bring color to them” she continued.

“I knew you’d like it” I said proudly, and then I fished something in my pocket and held it in front of her.

“Merry Christmas”

“What is this?” she asked.

“Open it” I replied and waited nervously as she opened the box. I heard her gasp.

“It’s our friendship ring and also a promise that we would be friends forever...” and more than that if it’s possible.

“Then I would gladly take it” she smiled. “Ah, I have something for you too” she said as she pulled something from her bag. I looked at her questioningly, “Open it” she said smiling.

Inside was a blue polo shirt, a scarf and a necklace “wear the polo at important events, in that way you would be reminded that I’m always supporting you, the necklace is also my promise that were friends no matter what, the scarf is only an additional item” she said and I smiled gratefully at her.

“I will” I replied.

“Here” she said as she wore the ring I gave her and held my hand with the other ring on it, “now we’re friends forever” she exclaimed as she held out our hands with the promise ring. Then she did the unexpected, she kissed me on the cheek and run off “See you after New Year Taecyon-ah” she yelled as she waved at me. I just stood there, still on a trance as I hold unto my cheek where she kissed and I smiled. “We’ll be together forever Suzy-ah, I promise”

Suzy:

I looked at our promise ring, and I can't help but blush. Taecyon-ah, you know right, that you will always be my bestfriend, that you will never lose a place in my heart?

I ran as fast as I could, the cold weather cant suppress the warmness I'm feeling right now. This is why I love Christmas the most, it is a time where all feelings reveal themselves.

 

 

____________________

A/N: And Taeczy is sailing people, but so is Taecjung (on the later chapters)