Living in the Present

In our Next Life

What would you do when you realize that the time you have to be with someone is now numbered, every passing day, signifies that you’re one day closer to saying goodbye?

Taecyon:

I waited for Suzy outside our school gate. It’s not too long until we graduate from middle school, our childhood would be left behind in this school, those memories that I would cherish forever lies within the walls of this school. “Leaving you behind would take one step, and that is the one step I take towards another journey” I whispered. It was not long until I spotted Suzy who is walking rather low-spirited, I let out a sigh, and she really knows how to ruin this beautiful day. I stood in her way, which she didn’t seem to notice as she kept on walking and eventually bumped on me, which by the way caused her to lose her balance and landed first on the ground. I waited for her outburst to complete my intent of making my day complete, but that never happened.

Suzy:

So many thoughts are running through my mind that I never noticed someone standing on my way, heck I never even realized that I fell, not until I felt the pain in my . At normal days I would have screamed on that someone’s face until his ears fall off, but this is not a normal day so I just stared at that someone which happened to be my best friend Taecyon. I noticed the confusion in his face, he must be so puzzled as to why I haven’t cut his head off, at normal days I could have done that, but this is not a normal day and heck, I was more than happy to see him, the sight of him had chased my troubles away.

“Yah, don’t stare at me like that, you’re scaring me” he complained. I just rolled my eyes and laughed.

“Being dramatically annoying now are we?”

“Says the one who’s sulking ever since she entered the gate” he retorted. I just smiled at that statement.

“Is there anything that is bothering you? I mean your behavior is really strange today” he added.

“Yah, Taecyon, do you remember when you told me to live in the present? Can you explain to me why and how should I live like that?”

“Aha! So that is why you’re wearing that frown on your face, it’s because you finally realized that I was right” he cried out, while smiling widely.

“Oh, forget it, I shouldn’t have asked you” I answered glaring.

“Living in the present, is about living your life as if there would be tomorrow or simply spending your time with your loved ones as if you’re about to say goodbye” he stated, completely ignoring my answer. “For your case, you never lived like that, you’ve spent your life as if you have all the time in the world, and you’ve wasted your time by looking towards the future” then he looked straight to my eyes with all seriousness and sincerity “life is not limitless Suzy-ah, you have to appreciate and utilize the time and things you have in the present, you cannot shape the future by just dreaming it, remember that the future reflects on how you spend your present.” And I conclude that that is the smartest statement that ever came from his mouth, and that would probably be the last.

Taecyon:

I waited for her response which came after forever. “Teach me how to live in the present then. Our remaining days in this school, I want to spend it meaningfully.” And that statement brought a wide smile to my lips, I finally managed to move Suzy’s heart with my words, this is really a day that I will remember. “Well, let’s start by playing around until our bodies give up” I said which I think is rather stupid since I earned a confused look from her. “Well, I meant that we start by enjoying what’s the world has to offer”

“Gladly” she said smiling.

 

 

______________

A/N Lame update.. I know :'( but with the exams piling up, I can barely think so I hope you guys bear with me

Thank you for reading ng fic anyway...feel free to tell me the things that I have to improve on :))