Chapter 6

Solo Collection Shots

 

I'm dead. I'm so dead. The words rang through Seung Mi's mind as she gripped her weapon even harder. She flinched, waiting for her captor's reaction and trained her gaze on the ground. What was only seconds felt like forever to the unsuccessful assailant, and not being able to stand the suspense, she glanced quickly through the hair covering her downturned face. She watched, wide-eyed, as Hyun Joong languidly straightened up and resumed his walk to her bedside table. He placed the tray of food he had brought on it and then turned to face her. Her eyes shifted away as quickly as they could but came back when he came to stand in front of her. She looked up slowly.

 

 

"Here." Hyun Joong held out a small plastic bag. It took Seung Mi a few seconds to process what was happening, and even then she couldn't believe that it was. Not only was this man not retaliating but he was giving her something as well. Oh no. It's poison. Drugs, she thought, her mind quickly jumping to the worst conclusions. She hesitated, remembering the soju situation and froze, not being able to make sense of it. Hyun Joong sighed and wordlessly grabbed one of her hands. He put the bag in it and closed her fingers around the parcel. Then still silent, he exited the room, locking the door behind him. 

 

 

Still stunned and confused, it was several minutes before Seung Mi was ready to open the bag and survey its contents. She carefully set down the clock she'd been holding onto and then poured the bag out onto her bed. Several shirts and pajama bottoms tumbled out along with some basic toiletries. Now she was really confused.