Chapter 2 - With an angry heart I cried and shouted "Hah!"

Eclipse

Chapter One -
_____________________________________

Wolves;   

 
The second time Chanyeol awoke really wasn't that different from the last; his eyes fluttered open in a haze of sleep aches and  once again, his head began to throb with every stuttered movement. But this time perhaps, the one major difference was that Baekhyun was asleep at Chanyeol's side.
 
Curled up in a ball ball of worried exhaustion, the sight of his smaller friend brought a small smile upon the injured redhead, and hesitantly he lifted a shaky hand to brush a few strands of hair out of Baekhyun's eyes. The pain didn't matter to Chanyeol, and smiling as he rearranged the sleeping boys fringe, he couldn't help but think to himself that Baekhyun had chosen a terrible time to take a nap. He was touched by the other echoing commitment, but Chanyeol still had a mission, one that he was determined to complete.
 
Being careful not to wake the other, Chanyeol removed his still trembling hand, placing it gently on the ground beside him and using it to steady himself he moved into a seated position, cursing at his aching head the whole time. He was wobbly, even sitting down but he was still determined and huffing he brought his legs underneath him, straightening them until he was upright and holding his own weight. He wobbled again, his legs trembling but still he percieved on, lifting his arms up to try and grab something to steady himself, but nothing was present in the clearing and the weak boy collapsed once again to the ground with an audible thud.
 
Chanyeol groaned loudly as he hit the grond, but mannaging to pull himself up to his elbows he glanced blindly back to check if Baekhyun had awoken, but the boy merely stirred before rolling over, spilling a sigh of relief out of Chanyeol.
 
He wasn't going to be walking across the clearing, he was sure of that. But even so, he wasn't going to give up either. He didn't care if he was weak, he didn't care if he injured himself further; there was someone he failed, someone who needed hm and Chanyeol knew he had to get to the other.
"Kai" the words came out as a barely audible whisper as the redhead struggled to hold himself off the ground, his eyes befalling on the raven haired by across the clearing.
 
Painfully, one drag at a time. he pulled himself off the dirt, occasionally grimacing as a rock dug into his flesh. But he didn't stop, no matter how much the dit stained his already tattered clothes, no matter how much his head throbbed. Not until he collapsed next to the rock across the clearing, next to Kyungsoo, next to Kai. Not until he was at his side once again, ready to fend off anyone who so much as glanced at him the wrong way. He curled up in a ball when he made it there, panting heavily as he ignored the distant rustling as he tried to catch his breath.
 
When finally the other felt that he could move again, Chanyeol pulled himself up straight, sitting with his back balanced against the rock that D.O was also sleeping against. He pushed his hair out his eyes before his gaze began to fawn over the sleeping corpse in front of him. Kai was pale, thin and taking shallow breaths and every seemingly too slow pulsebeat brought Chanyeol close to tears. How had he let the other fall into this state? How had he let Kai get this injured? Why hadn't he been there......It was all his fault, he promised. He'd promised.
 
Wiping his face with the back of his hand, Chanyeol shakily lifted Kai's head out of Kyungsoo's lap, relieiving the other of nursing duty before he somehow mannage to lift the youngest boy completely into his arms, resting him in his own shaky lap before he curled up around his slightly. His fingers mused through the latters hair, gently the midnight locks as he tried to control the tears that were running down his face. Would...would he ever wake up?
 
"K-Kai.....I'm so sorry..."
 
---
 
Baekhyun had watched in silence as Chanyeol had dragged himself across the clearing. The pure determination on the redheads face inspiring in itself, let alone the fact that even when he couldn't stand, he was still finding a way to get where he wanted; even if it meant dragging himself across the grounf. Baekhyun supposed he should have moved, gotten up to stop the younger, or even perhaps helped him....but this, it just seemed as though it was something Chanyeol had to do on his own, a moment he had to share with Kai. Baekhyun wasn't meant to be included in this memory.
 
And so, curling up into a ball again, Baekhyun's eyes graced the foregin sky, his evident fear radiating under the  light of the twin moons. He just wanted to go home, but even more so...
 
He just wanted to remember where home was.

****

Vampires;    

 
Kris had stumbled on for many more hours before he finally collapsed at the bottom of a crumbling building, curling up into a ball amongst the dust and rubble. He was exhausted, and his and his throat burned with an intensity that made him just want to claw it out his neck. "I'm just dehydrated" that was his throry, and sprawling out across the cement he continued to tell himself that, hoping that maybe in the morning he'd come across something to make the burning go away.
 
Several hours past and soon Yifan awoke again, although really he was unsure of how much time had been spent as it seemed in this strange metropolis, the sun never rose. Sighing he gathered his wits once again, a hand of elonated fingers wrapping around is throat before he mannaged to pull himself to his feet. "Aish, I hope you guys aren't doing as bad as me" he mumbled as he massaged his throat gently. , it burned right nnow, he really needed to find some water. He must be so dehydrated to have his throat burn like this. So for the next hour or so Kris diverted his quest for the other boys to go and find some water instead. What use would he be if he was dead from dehydration anyways?
 
Wufan quickly got to work, searching every crack and nook, every sewer and every tap for even a drop of liquid, but like his throat the town was bone dry. "Wh?! Why the -!" Kris started out a scream as he angrily threw something from its designated place near the sink he was searching, a smash soon sounding soon after. "Wha-AHH!" suddenly a flash of pain shot through Yifan's throat and it all suddenly became too much, the now choking male collapsing to the floor grasping widly against the cabinet. It burned, it burned so much. The pain slowly crept upon him until the edges of his vision grew red and his sides trembled. What was going on? His coherency was slowly leaving, leaving Kris in a state of panic, especially when he thought he heard the voices of the people he had been searching for...
 
"Well you left it long enough didn't you Chen" the all to distinct voice of none other then Zitao rang coldly thoughout the room, making Kris shiver. He never remembered the squishy teen ever speaking like that....he surely must be hallucinating. Besides, Kris had already searched the whole house they couldn't just have appeared out of nowhere. "This day just keeps getting better" Kris grunted unhappily, his voice hoarse and his hands still clasped at his throat. After he voiced his opinon though, an empty silence claimed the air as if no one had been expecting him to talk. "I thought you said he was already out!" Tao growled at the seemingly offending member which judging from the conversation before, Kris assumed was Chen.
 
"I thought he was, he should be already! None of the rest of us lasted that long...." Kris could see it, he could just picture how Chen's eyebrows would furrow, ow his lip would stick out in a ducklike pout and he'd glance over to Xiumin reassurance. But it was now that Kris realised that Xiumin was missing, and that his eyes had somehow fluttered open. The scene in front of him was chaotic, members strewen and coated in dust, they hardly looked better for wear and a fleeting thought reminded Kris that he would share a similar image, if not worse considering he was still collapsed on the floor, practically strangling himself. His vision blurred.
 
"What the is wrong with you guys" he growled, teeth baring and throat blistering. "I can see you, I can here you so will you bloody hell stop talking like I'm not here" a deep drawn breath and another racking cough. "And if anyone has something to fix my throat, I'd appreciate if you could lend it to me before I pass out."
 
It was at this point that Kris was reaching his final leg, as soon as the final phrase slipped his lips, he was curling around himself, coughing and choking again, fingers bruising his throat from how tightly he was holding it.
 
"Tao....." Lay warned gently, nudging the other with his elbow as Kris's coherency started to fade and with a harsh scowl the raven stepped forward. His hand ruffled his hari before digging his teeth into his wrist he knelt down in front of the older, offering the apendage that was now graced with now red pin pricks, two orbular blood droplets begining to drip down his hand. He held it in front of Kris's face. "Here..." he mumbled gently, voice still more harsh then comforting. Kris's eyes blinked sleepily up at the younger, not understanding what the other was offering. Sure his stomach lurched in almost excitment, and his throat burned more with the other this close. There was also a thumping in his ears...like a foreign heatbeat.
 
Tao sighed, and softly shuffled closer, pressing his bare wrist against Kris's lips, "Open you mouth" he whispered, nudging. "Why.." Tao took that as an oppurtunity to press his own pale skin inside Kris's mouth. "Come on, bite already", his eyebrows furrowed. "The smell of it should already be enough".
 
"He's stronger than you, Tao". LuHan's voice again.
 
With a huff of obvious anoyance, the flesh was soon pressed upwards and with a wince, Tao pressed his own arm against Kris's teeth, Teeth that had changed from what the blonde had remembered  them, and soon blood ws trickling onto his tongue.
 
That was when everything slipped into place. His jaw clamped down by an instinct he didn't know he had. And everything dusted into a dark cloud.
 
A cloud of red.
 
*****

(Author's Note; Didn't reread its probably mian, for the wait too. ; ; )