Chapter 1 - Despair of the Sun Split in Half.

Eclipse

Chapter One -
_____________________________________

Wolves;   

Focus seemed to be a concept out of grasp for Chanyeol. His mind continuously fumbled with reality and the only thing that he seemed to be aware of was that something uncomfortable lay beneath him. It was hard, and cold and if he moved; small miscellaneous items would stab painfully into his back, causing him to whimper and shuffle back to his original position.

It was quite awhile before his eyes fluttered open. His brain slowly gaining a small amounts of coherency and timidly his vision began to focus on the sky above him. It was as dark as the midnight of a cold winter evening and yet the sky was not littered with the glow of a thousand stars, just an empty blackness. A dead, empty blackness. Chanyeol could feel a breeze too, a waft of air washing over his skin and tugging at his fringe and he knew he ought to feel cold, but the prickle of a low temperature never hit his arms and it worried him somewhat. He figured he should ask SuHo about it later, he ought to know. And maybe while he was there; he would ask about the sun too...

Unless of course Chanyeol's eyes were deceiving him, which happens a lot if I may add, even when he was not in a dizzy dream like state, his vision had never been the best. But it appeared to him that sun had been split into two, cracked directly down the middle with the two darkened pieces having been pulled a few inches away from each other. Why was the sun cut in two? It prevented the orb from shining upon the world and fighting away the darkness, and somehow, he figured, it wasn't supposed to be the way it was now. Was the sun broken? His thoughts began to drift towards a form of super glue that could stick the sun back together.

"Channie!" soon a familiar voice broke Chanyeol from his daydream and slowly the giant whimpered out a response, raising a hand to his aching head.
"Omo, Chan are you awake?" Chanyeol nodded but instantly regretted it, groaning as pain shot through his mind. It wasn't his head that hurt, nor his brain either, but more like a hidden place in his sub-consciousness, in his mind, in somewhere that didn't really exist.

A pair of hands slowly began to move the hair out of Chanyeol's face, the intimate touch instantly causing the boy to calm down; just as it always did. Baekhyun had always been a master at finding ways to slow Chanyeol's heart beat, to help the excitable happy virus calm himself down.
"How are you feeling? You've been out for awhile."
"My head hurts" the words came out raspy even for him, his parched lips only allowing him to stutter the words quietly as his eyes found Baekhyun's.
"Baekhyun, is the sun broken?" Chanyeol spoke again, stating the first concern on his mind. He was somewhat worried about the star, even more so than that of his own health or location. He wanted to know if the sun would be alright.

His words caused a sigh from Baekhyun, "I don't know Channie...none of us do", it had been a question plaguing all of those who had awoken, and they were yet to find an answer, they had so many questions, and still no answers.
"Do you think I can fix it?" these words stumped Baekhyun even more and he bit his pouted lip nervously, as he searched for the right words to convey, something that would make the tired boy smile and look after himself. "I'm sure you can if you try hard enough....but right now, I think you need to work on fixing yourself. You've had everyone dead worried..."
"Everyone?" now this was a surprise. Chanyeol didn't know where he was, nor how he got here. But wherever here was, it didn't seem like a nice place and he hated the idea of everyone he held dear being trapped here with him. It was funny how the only things he could remember was his five closest friends, he could conjure every detail about them. Their names, faces, favourite foods, lucky numbers....he knew everything. And yet, he couldn't tell you where he was, how he got here, or how he was going to get home.....he didn't even know where home was.

Chanyeol groaned as he tried to sit himself up, his head spinning and his mind pounding in an endless beat of pain and he whimpered and finally became upright, his head hanging down and Baekhyun's hands resting soothingly on his shoulders.
"Is everyone else...o-okay?" he stuttered out quietly, worried for the health of his friends considering his own. They couldn't be hurt. He couldn't remember much but he couldn't remember a set of vows he'd sworn long ago, vows of protection, for him to watch over his friends. And if he'd failed....

"Chanyeol, you need to worry about yourself a little more! Trust me, everyone else awake is fine...." Baekhyun trailed off, realising the truth behind his words.
"Does that mean others are still asleep?"
"N-Ne.....you were the second last to wake up"
"Who's still asleep Baekhyun"
"Channie don't-" that was all Chanyeol needed to hear to know Baekhyun wasn't going to give him the truth, so pushing the pain out the way he lifted his head, squinting as his poorly sighted eyes searched across the small clearing they appeared to be seated in.

A creepy fog had settled over the area, limiting Chanyeol's vision somewhat and he was glad that the pairs of males weren't too far away and he could see them through the mist. Sehun was talking quietly to SuHo, Chanyeol could barely make out the words and his worry only grew as he watched Sehun hug his knees nervously. It was rare for their maknae to show fear, usually he was one of their strongest despite his age; but now....he lay a crumpled boy, sitting lost in a strange land with no clues or memories to guide him. SuHo wasn't much better. The guardian looked stressed to the max as he sat listening to Sehun, only replying with nods and small shakes of his head as he chewed his fingernails to stumps. Chanyeol couldn't look anymore, it hurt seeing his friends weak and frightened like that, it pained his heart and instantly he just wanted to take them into his arms and hug their worries away. Convince them it would be alright, that he would find a way. He had sworn a promise, and he intended to keep it.

His eyes drifted towards Kyungsoo next, the small boy hunched over an object with his back facing Chaneyeol.
"Baekhyun what-" he was about to ask Baekhyun what Kyungsoo was nursing, his eyes refusing to focus that far away, but it seemed the scene had clicked without the need for sharp vision. There was a member missing.....Chanyeol couldn't see his last friend anywhere and as he caught a flash of raven black in Kyungsoo's lap, he instantly knew what must be laying there.

The redhead let out a strangled cry, about to start dragging himself over there when he felt a strong and yet small pair of hands grasp at him tightly, keeping the weakened boy from going anywhere.
"Baekhyun let me go!" Chanyeol sobbed quietly, not having enough energy to speak any louder as he thrashed painfully in Baekhyun arms.
"No Chanyeol you can't go over there! You're weak and injured, you need to rest first!". Chanyeol hadn't even realised he was crying until he felt a tear slap into his arm, but his struggling only continued. A ricket of pain shot up Chanyeol's skull every time he moved but it wasn't even noticeable to the boy, not when his friend lay collapsed over there. Not his Kai.
"I have to help him Baekhyun! Please...." Chanyeol trailed off into another sob, collapsing to the ground as his energy finally drew thin and his eyes threatened to close again.
"Kai..."


****

Vampires;    

The concrete was hard, and it was ticking off Wu Yi Fan. Uh huh, this was not happy, not only was it rock solid, but it was cold too and leaving retarded markings in Kris's back. It took the male all of about two seconds of suffering before he was in an upright position, cursing inappropriate words in Chinese as his head throbbed savagely.

Where was he? He didn't recognise the strange buildings that surrounded him. They were tall, dark and coated in a loaming mist and quite frankly, they scared the out of him; even with his tough appearance. Kris gritted his teeth and shakily stood up, gripping onto a cement wall as he willed the piercing headache to go away. His mind ached and his mouth stung, a burning sensation coating his throat, causing Kris to wonder if he'd caught some kind of chest cold. He was also unbelievably hungry, so hungry that he just wanted to pull apart every inch of this seemingly abandoned city until he found something to bury his teeth into...but somehow, every form of food that came to mind just turned him off.

Meh. He'd work it out later, for now he just needed to find out where he was....and where the others were.

It was the first time Kris had actually considered the rest of his group as he stumbled down the road, he had seen no sign of any of the other five when he had awakened, and he didn't like it one bit. Where we're they? Xiumin, Tao, Chen? LuHan? Yixing? They were all gone.

Are they hiding from him?

But why would they be hiding? Kris's mind refused to process an answer as his deep voice, raspy from his unconsciousness, rung down the street; calling through the fog to those who had disappeared.

Yifan walked by building after building, some crumbling like sand around the edges, others standing proud, tall and definitely solid, the curse obviously brought upon this land not affecting them in any way. Kris wished he could be like the building, strong, defiant, untouched by the darkness. But he knew that description didn't fit him, just like he knew the sun wouldn't fit back together again. Nothing would go back to the way it was before, because even though Kris couldn't remember what everything used to look like, he could still tell that this was not right, and he doubted it would ever be the same again.

"LuHan! Tao!" he paused to cough, his lungs dry and his throat beginning to eat himself from the inside in it burning rage. Kris stumbled over a rock as he called for Xiumin, Chen, and Yixing; only growing more desperate as time passed by. Until eventually he was left, standing weak in the street, growling in frustration.

"Anyone!?" he screamed, his hands balling into tight fists, a clear liquid seeping down his sunken cheeks.
"Anyone...."

 

(Author's Note; Aish the Vampire section was terrible I know. OTL. And I left a lot of questions with you guys hehehehe.
Hopefully I''ll be able to update soon! Channie out~)