Double Trouble

It's Only Acting

 

*Remember me. I'm in Da-Da-Da-Danger Pinocchio. Remember* Taemin hit has alarm clock before it could say me. Yes, his alarm was f(x)’s song Danger. Who would’ve thought that the tough guy’s alarm played that song as a wakeup call?

Taemin didn’t want to wake up so he just continued to sleep until he heard a familiar voice.

“Taemin-ah. Just how long are you going to sleep for?” Key hyung asked him as he tried to pull his bed-sheets off of him. He couldn’t. Taemin was holding them too tightly.

“Yah! Taemin-ah get out of bed now. F(x)’s Krystal is waiting downstairs for you.”

“Neh?” Taemin sprang up from this bed to a complete 90˚ angle the moment he heard Key tell him that.

“S-Krystal is here? And is downstairs!?” Taemin was in total shock. This was a first for a long time that she waited for him, in his house nonetheless.

“Yeah. You should hurry up. Having a beautiful girl like her wait for a guy like you, you sure are a lucky man Taemin-ah. Are you two finally dating after all of these years?” The Key-umma teased his little son.

“NO! It’s not like that Key-hyung. I didn’t even know she was going to come here.” Taemin was now scrabbling to get changed and ready got go to school and meet Krystal.

“Ahh. My little boy is finally becoming a man. Hurry up now. You don’t want to make her wait longer than she has to.” Key teased.

“Araseo Umma~” Key smirked as he left Taemin’s room to go down stairs and finish cooking breakfast for the other members.

Taemin on the other hand was still getting ready like a mad man. After he finally changed his clothes he went to his bathroom to brush his teeth and do his hair. Since he was in a rush he just left it straight and then looked into the mirror once more to touch up his appearance before he went downstairs.

“Done.” Taemin said with delight. A massive smile came across his face; a smile which he instantly fixed so that he wouldn’t seem weird to Krystal and the other hyungs. Once he was done that he walked down stair with his bag.

--

“So you’ve finally finished after you made a young girl wait 30 minutes for you.” Krystal said.

“Shut up. It’s not like I even asked you to come. Why are you here anyway? Normally you just walk to school yourself.” Taemin said back to her fueling the fire.

“Firstly I’m here to pick you up. Secondly, I’m doing this because Vic unnie told me that we had to get comfortable around each other if we are ever going to pull off acting as a couple in the movie.” She argued back, obviously not in a good mood.

“You don’t always have to do as she says you know. It’s always ‘Vic unnie said this, Vic unnie said that’ with you. And besides isn’t the guy supposed to go to the girl’s house and wait for her. Not vise-versa?” He mumbled the last part.

Well I figured you’d never come that’s why I came here for you. Krystal thought.

“Aren’t you kids going to be late for school at this rate? It’s already 8.00am you know.” Key told them.

“Ahh. . Taemin, we have to hurry.” Krystal grabbed Taemin’s hand a was making her way out of the house.

“Wait a minute Taemin-ah.” He said to her and he grabbed an apple that was in the fruit bowl.

“Eat this for breakfast. You have to make sure to eat something for breakfast.” Key said as he threw the apple to Taemin.

“Thanks Key hyung. See ya.” Taemin took the apple and followed Krystal out of the house.

“Funny.” Krystal chuckled.

“What is?” Taemin asked while eating the apple Key gave him.

“You’re eating an apple.”

“So?”

“Nothing. I just thought that a guy of your reputation would eat something less healthy.” Krystal continued to smile as they walked to school.

“So? Just because of my reputation am I suddenly not allowed to eat healthy and care for my body?” Taemin asked back.

“It’s not like that. It’s just the image. The image.”

“I see.”

Silence filled the air around them. They had no idea what to talk about. After all this was only the second time they’ve been alone for in years. For better or for worse the silence between them broke as a gang approached them.

“Long time no see Lee.” The gang leader said with a smirk on his face. Taemin and Krystal both didn’t say anything and move so much as a muscle. He turned his head to Krystal. “To think that in the time I haven’t seen you you’ve gotten yourself a girlfriend, and a pretty one at that.” The leader said as he brushed his hand along Krystal’s cheek. She flinched, but didn’t move. She hadn’t the nerve to move. She was terrified.

“Keep your filthy hands off of her you piece of garbage. Or else I’ll make sure to make you experience something much, much worse than death itself.” Taemin threatened as he wacked his hand off of Krystal’s cheek.

“Ooo. Getting all defensive and trying to play the prince for your little princess here. You sure have changed. But, no one ever calls me, the ruler of these parts, garbage. You got that!” He shouted and his spit came flying out.

“Krystal go ahead to school as quickly as you can. Don’t look back and don’t bother bringing anyone. I’ll be at school soon.” Taemin told her. She nodded and sprinted past the gang.

“Hahaha! So you let your girl go ahead of you. I feel sorry for her, after all just how do you think you’re going to beat all of us?” The gang leader laughed and smiled at the same time (that creepy type and annoying type of smile).

“Hmm. 15 armed pipsqueaks against the unarmed me? Seems pretty unfair for you.” Taemin countered and smirked at him pissing him really off.

“Son of a!” The leader went in to punch him and landed a hit. The other gang members was also joined in. “HAHAHHA. How do you like it now? HUH?” He said as he continued to beat up Taemin. “Can’t say anything now can ya, tough guy. Your all just words. Toughest guy on the streets, ha? Bull !” The guys continued to beat Taemin until they were worn out.

“If that’s all you got then I guess I overestimated you guys.” Taemin said as he stood up. He just got beaten to a pulp but he still held a firm ground on his feet. He smirked. “Now then. I’m going to have to end this. I won’t let you run home to mama now. YOU’RE DEAD!” Taemin yelled and charged to them. He’s one punch sent a big guy off of this feet and into the wall. It was game over for them.

“I’m sorry. Please forgive me. I’ll never hurt you or your girl and friends again. Just please let us go.” The leader begged as Taemin continued to beat him up.

“You should’ve thought of that before you touched her.” Taemin said as he landed one finally kick to his stomach then looked around to examine the damage he’d dealt. They looked like bloodied corpses! “You better not so much as get in a 10 metre radius of her. Or else I’ll seriously kill you guys next time. Understood?”

“Sir!” The leader replied as loud as he could manage.

“Good. Now go home and clean yourselves.” Taemin through a handkerchief in front of the leader then turned his back to go to school.

--

Once he reached school he went to the nurse’s office straight away making sure no one saw him. As he entered the infirmary he was seen by the nurse, SNSD’s Yoona.

“Oh my god! What happened to you?” Yoona exclaimed as she saw Taemin walking in looking half-dead. She quickly ran and helped him to a bed before he collapsed.

“It’s nothing. Just the usual. Don’t worry about it, Yoona noona.” Taemin managed to say.

“This isn’t nothing and the usual does NOT get you looking like this. You’re practically dying here.” Yoona was so shocked she couldn’t control her voice. “I should go and get.” She was interrupted by Taemin.

“No. Please. No. Just don’t get anyone. I’m begging you.” Taemin pleaded as he grabbed her sleeve to prevent her from walking off. Yoona hesitated but she decided not to get help from anyone and just patch him up herself.

“Sigh. Fine then. Just stay still at least until I patch you up O.K?” Yoona replied. Taemin just nodded and fell asleep since he was extremely exhausted and hurt. Yoona grabbed a bunch of things that she needed to fix him up as best as she can and started straight away. She had to first remove all of the blood that covered his well-maintained slightly tanned skin. She then removed his shirt off to see if he had any injuries there. He had plenty; bruises, scratches, cuts, he had it all. It took ages for her to stop some of the bleeding and bandage him.

Once she was done she retired to her desk and drank her freshly brewed, well deserved hot chocolate. Taemin on the other hand was still fast asleep.

--

What’s up with him? Krystal thought. He said that he’d be at school right after her but he hasn’t showed yet. Did he get injured badly and is dying on the road there? No no. That couldn’t have happened. She continued to try and convince herself that Taemin was alright but what made her stop worrying was his appearance at 4th period. When she saw him enter the classroom halfway through class she felt like screaming his name and running up to him and hugging him, but like she was ever going to do that, especially with her classmates present. Taemin looked seriously injured; he looked almost like a mummy, like the ones from Egypt. He went and sat in his chair at his desk at the back of the room as if nothing was wrong.

--

Once school was finished Krystal was determined to go and ask him about what happened. All he said was “we got into a fight and fought like men. They attacked me so I attacked back.” Hardly stating the obvious.

“Taemin. Don’t forget that tomorrow you have to be in training room 5 at 8.30. Don’t forget and come late O.K.?” Krystal reminded him.

“So you’re going to make an injured person go?” Taemin asked.

“Of course. You’re a guy aren’t you? You’re supposed to be able to handle anything.” She said back to him as they walk home.

“Ok ok I get it. I’ll be there by 8.30 ok?”

“Yep. Bye-bye” She said as she happily skipped inside her house although she was still worried about his condition on the inside.

Aish. This girl is going to be the end of me, Taemin thought as he saw her close the door.

 

 

 

 

Sorry for the late update guys i apologize. I've been so busy with assignments, test and studying for more tests this week that i've had no time to write a chpater for you guys. I managed to write this one today. I tried to make it longer than usual. I hope you like it. Please comment! Yereoboon saranghaeyo. (forgive my spelling).