Chapter 1

My Forged Wedding (hiatus)

Sohyun's POV

"So this is Seoul..." With my luggage in hand, I stepped off the train. There were skyscrapers and people all a round. My first sight of the city was overwhelming. Thought that Busan was similar to an urban area but it's nothing compared to Seoul. Am I really going to be able to live here? When I thought of the future I was to face, I got a little nervous but I can't turn back now.
 
"First, I have to call Uncle Minsoo..." According to a note from mom, he's the president of a large company here in Seoul. I had graduated from college but failed to find a job. Without any other connections I came to Seoul hoping Uncle could help. The last time I saw him was during my cousin's wedding, about 10 years ago? I might not recognize him. He must be sophisticated because he's the president of one of those tech companies. Perhaps he wears an expensive suit, looking professional.. I called the number mom gave me. RRRR....RRR...Beep.
 
??: ...Hello?"
Sohyun: Oh, hello? It's Sohyun
??: Sohyun?
Sohyun: Sohyun, from Busan.
Minsoo: Oh, Sohyun! he exclaimed
For the president of a company, he's pretty friendly and easy to talk to. I eased up and relaxed a bit.
Sohyun: I have arrived at the station. Can I head over now?
Minsoo: Oh, actually, can you pick up some things for me at the store?
Sohyun: At the store?
Minsoo: I'll message you a list right now, so you can stop by the market on the way and buy those items.
Sohyun: Sure...
Minsoo: Thanks! 
PEEP. He hung up and after a few seconds I received the message.
Sohyun: Fenugreek, nigella seed, cardamom... What are all these?
The list looked like cooking ingredients, but there were no other notes. Without knowing what I was supposed to buy, I headed toward the nearest supermarket
 
I wonder where this somethin-greek would be. I headed towards the produce section and wandered around. I bumped shoulders with a man I didn't know.
 
Sohyun: Oh, I'm sorry.
??: ...
He didn't look happy. He doesn't seem friendly, but maybe I should ask him.
Sohyun: Um, do you know where I can find something-greek?
??: Something- greek?
Sohyun: Um, fenugreek?
I read the email I received from Uncle. The man gave me an exasperated look.
??: That's a spice. You're in the wrong section.
Sohyun: Oh, fenugreek is a spice?
??: You don't know what you're buying? Weirdo.
Sohyun: Excuse me?!?!?
??: The spice section is over here.
The man walked briskly I quickly followed his steps. What kind of person calls a stranger "Weirdo"? But I guess most people wouldn't walk me over. He might be blunt, but he must be a good person since he's helping me.
 
??: Imported spices should be on this shelf.
Sohyun: Fenugreek.. Oh, here it is.
I finally found the item I was looking for. But it was on the top shelf and I couldn't reach it.
Sohyun: Oh, um...
??: Geez, you need help with everything.
The man sighed as he reached for the bottle.
??: What else?
Sohyun: Huh?
??: What else are you buying? You have a list in your message, right?
Sohyun: Oh, right. Um...
??: Show it to me. 
He looked at my phone. His face was almost close enough to touch mine.
??: Oh, sorry.
Sohyun: Huh.
??: I have poor eyesight.
Sohyun: Oh, I see. I do, too..
??: Fenugreek, nigella seed, cardamom... They're all on this aisle.
Sohyun: Whoa
Ignoring my suprised expression, the man started tossing the items on the list into my basket. I got everything I needed to get.
Sohyun: Thanks for helping me.
??: Yeah, yeah.
Sohyun: I thought these were vegetable names. I didn't know they were spices.
??: You don't know the difference between vegetables and spices?
Sohyun: Excuse me?
??: I fell for the guy who ends up marrying you.
The man mocked me before he turned around and walked away. ! Just because I didn't know the names of spices!?!? I wouldn't want to marry a rude man like you! I took the basket and headed towards the cashier.