벌레를 죽이는다 (I killed a bug)

Catering to my Beloved

벌레를 죽이는다 (I killed a bug)


 

“TAEYEON-AHHHHHH!” I gasped; violently awaken from my peaceful slumber.  If anyone else yelled my name like that, I would probably just mumble and go back to sleep.  But not for her.  I could tell whose voice that was in my sleep…technically, I just did.

 

Jumping quickly out of my bed, I darted out of my room to search for Tiffany.  The tone of her scream told me one thing: a bug was probably somewhere near her.

 

That girl HATED bugs.  And it wasn’t just certain bugs either.  Nope, if it was small, and had a lot of legs, she hated it.  And when she found a specimen, she was sure to let EVERYONE in the house know, mainly because of her screams.  The girl could call any of the 7 girls in the house to get the bug, but she always called me.  Most of the girls laugh, but I secretly like it.

 

Before going to rescue my princess, I had to find something to attack the bug with.  While walking towards the living room, I grabbed the flyswatter, a weapon suitable for this type of adversary.

 

When I finally got to the living room, I could see that I was right.  Tiffany sat on the dining room table, stabbing the ground with the brush end of the broom.  I’m surprised that she didn’t get it yet.

 

Looking down, I saw the monster causing all of her distress.  It was a baby roach, not much bigger than the nail on my pinky finger.  Although I would prefer to just shoo the poor creature away, I knew that Tiffany would have none of that, so I crouched down and swiftly killed the insect.

 

I stood up; I threw the remains of the bug in the trash, and went back to Tiffany.  Even after hearing me kill it, she still continued to whimper.  “Fany-ah, it’s ok, I killed it already.” I said, kissing her forehead.  She raised her head a little, looking into my eyes.  I smiled inwardly.  At least she wasn’t crying.  One time, I killed a huge roach for her, and she wouldn’t stop crying for 5 minutes after that.  She is seriously such a little crybaby.

 

But I wouldn’t have it any other way.

                            

“Taeyeon-ahh!!!” she wailed, “It was so scary!  I was here, minding my own business, and all of a sudden I feel something on my foot, and I look down, and it was on my foot!  My foot!”   I hug her, “It’s okay Fany-ah, it’s dead ok?  No bug will harm you while I’m around” I smiled at her, and I sense her calming down, so I step away from her to help her get off of the table. 

 

“Aish, why did you jump on the table though?  I really don’t think that it could’ve climbed up and got you.” 

 

“It totally could’ve! However, I’m glad that my little knight helped me.” She said, hugging my waist.

 

“Of course, my princess.”


Hi i'm so sorry, I got busy during spring break, so I could only start writing now T_T.  But it is longer than the previous update, so that's a plus :3.  As always, please comment and tell me what you thought about this chapter!  Thanks :3