Dad's Birthday 1

Escaping the Arranged Marriage

 

It was just like another Saturday morning except that today is the birthday of Mr. Lee, Sarah's dad. Everyone, including Sarah and the members of the elite clique, Infinite, were busy preparing for a surprise birthday party later that night.
 
"Miss Lee, you should be preparing for your outfit, not helping us with the dishes." One of the maids said at the hardworking heiress.
 
"It's okay Mabelle, the outfit can wait and besides, I want to help in preparing." Sarah replied. "After all, I was the one who suggested this idea in the first place. Therefore, I should help and supervise to make sure that everything's perfectly fine."
 
"Y-yes Miss Lee." Mabelle replied. 
 
"I told you, you can call me Sarah. I don't mind." Sarah smiled and continued stirring the ingredients in the bowl. " I can do this by myself, there's no need to watch over my every move." 
 
"Yes Miss Sarah."  She replied and eventually left the kitchen.
 
Sarah was known by everyone as the daughter of the well-known businessman, Mr. Lee Jinki. Coined as the princess of the company because of name, she was also known because of her pure and innocent beauty, on the inside and the outside. 
 
I wonder what the boys are doing.
 
The boys she was talking about are the seven members of a rich clique named 'Infinite'.
 
There was the small-eyed leader, Kim Sunggyu. The happy-go-lucky guy with the contagious laugh, Jang Dongwoo. The charming and aegyo-filled man, Nam Woohyun. The tough boy with a pure heart, Lee Howon. A mysterious kid with a cold facade, Kim Myungsoo. The tallest yet the most childish one of them all, Lee Sungyeol. Lastly, someone who has more fashion sense than Sarah, the youngest of the group, Lee Sungjong.
 
As far as she knew, Sungjong and Sungyeol, the two tallest members were in charge of the decorations of the venue, which was of course, the Lee Mansion's living room. Woohyun and Dongwoo would be the hosts of the party while Hoya and Myungsoo, are in charge of getting Mr. Lee to the place without getting any suspicion from the birthday celebrant. 
 
What about Sunggyu you ask? 
 
Well, Sarah was sure that instead of supervising them all, he was going to slack off like the old grandpa he is. 
 
And she wasn't mistaken.
 
That's Sunggyu. The other elderly father figure that I love, other than my dad of course.
 
With all the preparations going on, no one noticed that it was almost time to start the party. Since time flew fast, there wasn't enough time to perfect the whole event. 
 
There was a shortage on the balloons and the birthday banner was ripped to two because of Sungyeol's clumsiness. Dongwoo and Woohyun's jokes weren't funny, although Dino-woo's laugh made up for it. Hoya and Myungsoo brought Mr. Lee a bit too early because they never got the signal that Sunggyu was supposed to give. Sunggyu overslept though he was in charge of providing the signal when everythings aye-okay.
 
Sarah's cake was worse, her cake was slightly burnt while the icing and the design was a fail. 
 
In short, this is a recipe for an ULTRA-MEGA FAIL party. 
 
 

CliqueA small group of people with shared interests, who spend time together and exclude others.


 

A/N: How was it? Well, sorry if chapter one is short. I'll make it longer the next time! Remember to subscribe and comment my dears! <3