Interest

Us Human Beings

 

Part 2: Interest


The warm up on the battle started and eventually things already got heated up. A senior of ours went up first for the battle of time; whoever can lift their feet up in the air for the longest time wins the warm up and a free meal! This is what I’m good at! While everyone was going, I noticed the girl going up front with a camera and moving around slowly as possible. It didn’t took me awhile to realized she was filming.


Most of the time, during dance battle or shows, people would record it but no one actually films it. Recording and Filming are two different things. She would walk forward slowly or just stay in her spot. She would walk backward slowly or goes down. She looked like a professional, to be honest. When it was my turn, she moved back and I noticed her steady the camera for me. I started to warm myself up and show her some interest in which I think she didn’t noticed at all.


I continued what was I doing and it went on very perfectly. In the end, when I turned my attention back to her, she was smirking but not looking at me at all. It was weird of to suddenly gain interest to someone I will probably not see again after a few more hours, but it’s seem worth it for me. I just felt so attached for some reason.


The battle continues and the first round came, all styles. A girl Jin goes against a Mike: a popper versus a breakdancer; just like the competition between Cheong Yoo and BG. Still, the girl beat the guy. Second was the best of friends, Han Yeol and Jang Shi, both poppers; but I had to admit, Jang Shi was better; his moves were flawless. Others goes on, and she continues to film.


During the break intermission, she would continue to film around and I once caught her filming me doing the warm up. That made me a smile, and I was questioning myself if I already like her. Wouldn’t that be weird?


Later on, she leaves the gym.


Second battle comes, and it’s the breakdancing, which I was also in with my best friend Jong Up. Before our turn, they announced something: “Okay, so we’re going to have a special amateur break off!” For some reason, it caught our attention. “Noody and Jae!” the announcer added. Noody was a weird name but Jae seemed cool. I looked over the small crowd and found a skinny boy with his hair probably dyed orange red and pale skin already standing on the center field. “JAE!” the announcer calls and BG comes running around trying to find the boy.


Minutes later, the girl with the camera comes out of the outside door with a very quizzical look and stare at the crowd that was staring at her. “Oh there you are! Come here!” the announcer said. At that moment, I figured out her name, Jae whom I thought was a boy. She stopped at her spot and heard Noody called her out. A smirk plants on her face and hands her camera to BG then skipped towards Noody.


I headed to the front and watch. It was an amateur break off. The song was Thrift Shop by Macklemore. Simple song but good; it has been remixed by the DJ anyway. The song started, and someone from the sides spinned on the floor playing as the bottle, stopping automatically to whoever would go first. It’s Noody. He let out a smile and started dancing and to be honest he’s a boogaloo dancer. Boogaloo dancer are cool and very flexible but even still … it’s a weak dance for me.


Jae stood right in front of me and just enjoyed Noody’s dancing although it’s kind of a weird type of dancing; he sure is, no doubt, a beginner. None of us has woah! him yet but we did cheer for him, you know to keep his confidence.


He stopped and bowed to Jae who also bowed then started to warm up by doing the shoulder dance which made kind of laugh. Then she did popping, which we actually expected. Just from the outside it was obvious she’s a popper but to be more honest when I saw her, I didn’t think she’s a dancer... She has this presence that was really mysterious. You can guess she’s this or that but not certainly. I just thought she’s those type of people who dressed like a dancer but not really a dancer. That was all answered when she started popping.


She got swag and style. Also, she reeked of confidence plus it looked like she was really having fun and she was owning the center stage. Just with that, Noody got served but that’s not it, he lost big time without even the judges decision yet when Jae immediately went down breakdancing. I was amaze. She did the basic moves but they all have styles. Her styles. She did messed up a bit, but still it was all unexpected. I don’t know why but it was. She became even more intriguing to me.


She owned it.


When it was over, her and Noody high fived and hugged each other then her other seniors who seemed to know her very well went to cheer and congratulate her. Me and Jong Up with Kyle went back to warming up our body for the next competition. I glanced at her multiple of times because she was attracting me with her mysterious charm. “JAE!” someone called. She turned around with that big and satisfied smile on her face and boy I was a goner. I was enchanted.


She ran towards her then comes back in a minute. That time, our friendly Kyle called her, “hey, great job.” Jae smiled like a little kid.

“Thank you,” she replied.


“More practice, you can be better than BG,” Kyle added. It wasn’t really the nicest to say to BG’s friend but oh well, Kyle is one of the most bluntest person I know.


Jae shook her head, “No. You see my cousin,” she said then pointed at the girl she was almost always with when she wasn’t filming, “she’s been dancing since she was five.” We nodded. “Then Mi So, she’s been dancing since she was two,she said. That’s long and dancing is her life so compare those two to me, I’m no good,” she added. That was such a downer since she was really good. She’s got style!


“Don’t say that, you were great!” Jong Up hyung butted in and Kyle high fived him.


Jae let out a small and thankful laugh, “I started dancing two years ago I think, maybe less. I’ve only learned breakdancing moves last October.” That statement made us went mouth dropped. Then I remember, it was an Amateur Break Off...


She walked away, getting her camera and continued filming.


When everything was over, she was the one who pretty cleaned up the mess by putting down posters and signs. I really wonder after the event and even up until now that almost a month will pass, will I ever see her again?

 

 

THANK YOU FOR READING!!!

 

Oooh! Read my One Shot?

 

Featuring You as Ahn Dae and Lee Byunghyun as L.Joe!

 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/406103