Meeting for the First Time

Us Human Beings

Part 1: Meeting for the First Time

I got up this morning hyped as ever. Today was the dance battle and I couldn’t be anymore enthusiastic about it. My phone started to ring at the moment I was pulling up my pants, it’s Jong Up hyung. I answered it and before I could even reply he was already talking about the dance battle. Jong Up hyung and I has always been very close, we’re best friends and brothers; it’s a very good thing. We love to dance and perform; in fact, he’s a breakdancer while I’m a pop and locker but we both can do the same thing it’s just that he’s better than the other while I’m better than the other one. Dancing’s our life and it’s our dream and ourselves. We can’t live without it.

Coming from a boy, that probably sounded weird but who cares. It’s me. I’m sixteen years old and full of ambition. Life is what I make and control. It’s my choice and always my turn. But other than dancing, I’m a fast speed rapper who can three lines in ten seconds. I may sound like I’m bragging but heck no.

While fixing my dyed blonde and curly hair, I heard my mom yelling my name followed along with, “get down here and eat breakfast!” I love my mom, one time for Christmas I bought her a siren speaker and she totally loved it! I ran downstairs and eat my breakfast as fast I can, which earned me a smack by my dad on the back because I was eating too fast and choke because of it. Either way, I still apologized for disrespecting the food.

After eating, I head out with the skateboard my big brother bought me. The wind is rather still cold so I pulled my skeleton art done mask on my face and plug in my earphones; listening to a morning song by Kanye West- Good Morning. It’s a good song by the way. I reached my school and meet up with my friends, especially Jong Up hyung. But on the way, Kan Soo says hi to me which was really awkward. Jong Up hyung just shrugged and kept on talking but he was cut off by Kan Soo. “Hi, oppa!” she greeted me then Jong Up hyung.

Kan Soo was my girlfriend. I dated her and actually learned to like her … Our status even went to becoming “married” for some reason … Although, I did love her, I wasn’t in love. I just love her. Still, as one of the typical girls out there, she’s the jealous type for most and quite the controlling one. I didn’t mind it at first since I thought it was cute but as a popular guy in campus and sometimes even outside campus, she couldn’t handle it very well and didn’t trust me. I won’t go on detail. “Oppa, look!” she said and there appeared a CD in front of me. I looked at it closer and it was the CD I gave her for valentines, the week before we actually called it off. I just stared at it for some reason until she took it away. She was smiling and gleaming … It made me nervous for some reason. I did love her. Just not as much.

Jong Up continued to stand there, awkwardly. Seeing the ex couple together was quite awkward, especially to me. “Hello? Should I leave or …?” Jong Up hyung let out. I saw Kan Soo nods and Jong Up hyung gawked at her. I was just surprised, she’s telling my best friend to leave. Only I can do that! “Heck no, Honggie and I have something important to talk about,” he said and pulled me towards him. That time it was Kan Soo’s turned to gawk.

“About what?” she asked.

“Duh~ Our relationship~” Jong Up hyung said … with quite the girly tone which made me laugh a little bit. We then left. It’s mean to just leave her there but I knew where it was going to lead if I did stay. Not going back anymore.


When school ended, Jong Up hyung and I waits for Max and Dae Ji. They’re our seniors (not in high school) but as friends and bboys partners. They’re our to the dance battle which was just a couple of miles away; in Luna High. As soon as they arrived, we hopped in and go!

The school’s decent looking, but to be honest, ours was even better; but they have more space in between classes. In front of the main parking lot was the big building or should I say the gym. The entrance was decorated by a poorly made poster hung up on the highest part of the glassed wall but inside there was some fancy and yet plain decoration. When we entered the door, our old acquaintance greeted us; I don’t know her real name but almost everyone calls her BG. I believe that stands for Breakdancer Girl something, like bgirl.

She jokingly told us, “Hey you guys aren’t allowed! Just him!” She pointed at Jong Up hyung, then laughs. Then she hopped to the table in front of us where there’s another girl that was shorter than her and more young looking than her sits wearing a black t-shirt saying “I <3 Bacon” on it and her hair lightly wavy and part tied in the back with a clip, and she wears a brown flowered designed on the side, rectangular glasses. When she looked up to us, I got a better view; her eyes were like of the cat’s or … a turtle, her skin was flawlessly tan, and her cheeks seems quite chubby. She was cute. “Hey, there names are on the presale list,” BG tells her and the girl started to search for our names. “Check if Choi Zelo is in there,” she added as the girl checked on the other piece of paper.

“Ah, got it,” the girl let out, her voice sounding quite distinct. She checked my name and BG marked out hands with a marker; sign of actually paying. We enter the door on our right but BG stopped us and said to go on the left and:

“Sign up for the battle: All Styles and Breaking over there,” she pointed at the other side of the table. We did as told not because of her but because that’s what we came here for. Then we enter the huge gym covered by less people than I thought.

Not a lot of people came but it sure was still fun. The music was great and the food was also great but quite expensive. I started practicing on the corner of the gym where my other friends are at. Everyone was doing their thing: breakdancing and popping. Although we didn’t know each other, we get along pretty well and some of us are old acquaintances. Jong Up started to breakdance and do postes, the person in front of me is a boogaloo dancer, it was cool. On the side was a popper. Everyone has their own thing and I started to do mine too.

My windmills aren’t perfect and I improvised a bit, it’s pretty the only breakdancing move I’m very confident on. Other than that, it’s popping. When I was doing it and did a post on the end, I ended up seeing the girl from the outside in front of me. She was staring at me with those unpredictable eyes and then looked away. With just that, she became very intriguing.

 

 

*** When things gets interesting, I hope you'd still be there :)

How was it? Thank you for Reading!