2nd Shot (Taecyeon/Taeyeon)

*•☆.•*¨*•♥ LoveShots ♥•*¨*•.☆•*

Title: 2nd Shot
Series: To Good Health
Description: She's in the business of healing people, but she really was never very good with them. People were strange, and her day at the office only confirmed this belief as she attends to seven young men. People were strange indeed. Strange, but interesting…
Rating: PG
Warning(s): AU
Pairing(s): Taecyeon (2PM)/Taeyeon (SNSD)


+ 2nd Shot +

          “Hi, Doctor Jinyoung, I’m here for a routine check-up. You probably knew this would be coming soon since I haven’t contacted you in a while.” A well-built man in a red t-shirt and dress pants strides in and sets a sports bag and a briefcase down on the chair next to the door. “I’m a little short on time though so could you—” He stops himself when he sees a woman, who is obviously not the doctor he was looking for, staring at him a little awkwardly. He blushes a little, “I’m sorry, is this the wrong office? I’m terribly sorry—”

            “No, don’t be, sir. Actually, this really is his office, or was, but he moved to Busan and changed jobs recently and I’m the doctor that they just hired last week to take his place.” She explains patiently. “They haven’t even taken off the nameplate on the outside yet, have they?”

            “Ahh…no they haven’t,” and he is still clearly flustered and tries not to think about the prospect of having a young (and attractive) female doctor checking up on him. Literally, this time. No, I am NOT a ert. She smiles warmly, then comes to a start, remembering that they hadn’t actually introduced themselves yet.

            “I’m Kim Taeyeon. Your new doctor, I suppose.” She smiles, trying to imitate that eye-blinding smile she had seen from that previous patient.

            “Ah, yeh, nice to meet you. I’m Ok Taecyeon.” He is somewhat stunned still, and tries to hide his embarrassment and pretends that her smile doesn’t have any effect on him. Strangely, all his previous stress seemed to have disappeared momentarily. They begin the check-up and Taecyeon makes a sound between a nervous cough and a laugh, embarrassed, when she comments that his pulse is a little high (“strange, because you seem pretty healthy to me” and he’s pretty sure his pulse increased even more).

            “It’s probably because of all the stress and work that’s been piling up lately. Running a business is really consuming, so I haven’t had the time or energy to hit the gym and do my regular weight lifting and whatnot.” He ignores the little feeling that tells him that he’s showing off, and she glances at him.

            “You look too young to be a businessman, let alone a business executive,” she comments.

            “You look too young to be a doctor,” he replies with an easy smile. It’s her turn to laugh nervously, and Taecyeon enjoys the sound.

            “Thanks, I guess.” He smiles and they engage in small talk until the whole procedure is finished.

            “Take care, good bye,” she waves, slightly bowing in courtesy, and Taecyeon does the same, feeling a little awkward, having never greeted nor bid goodbye in such a way that was a mix between casual and formal. “Good luck with your meeting.”

            Meeting? He looks at the clock and curses, “Crap, I’m going to be late for that!” He grabs his briefcase and bolts toward the door, “Good bye, Taeyeon-ssi! Thanks for everything!” He rushes out before Taeyeon could tell him that he had left his sports bag. She sighs, and almost falls flat on her bottom when he comes flying in again and grabs a business card off her desk, huffing, “Forgot something. Figured it would be easier. Bye! See you again next time!” As he rushes out the door, she can hear his “Thaaaannnkkksss!” growing fainter as he runs down the hall.

            She’s once again baffled by another patient, and she notices that he had forgotten to take his sports bag. She sits down on her chair, leans over and props her elbows on her desk, lips twitching into a small smile.