1st Shot (Jay/Taeyeon)

*•☆.•*¨*•♥ LoveShots ♥•*¨*•.☆•*

Title: 1st Shot
Series: To Good Health
Description: She's in the business of healing people, but she really was never very good with them. People were strange, and her day at the office only confirmed this belief as she attends to seven young men. People were strange indeed. Strange, but interesting…
Rating: PG
Warning(s): AU
Pairing(s): Jay (2PM)/Taeyeon (SNSD)


+ 1st Shot +

          He comes in, hands in his pockets, diamond studs flashing against the light as his head bobs up and down to an unheard rhythm. His hair is spiked forward, a pattern shaved into the side of his head. His shirt looks at least two sizes too big for his lean frame, the hem of his blue-white jeans worn and flayed over a pair of scuffed white Nike high-tops. “Hi, how are you today?” he greets politely, before Taeyeon can open to greet him first. She closes her halfway parted lips and puts on what she hopes is a pleasant smile.

            “I’m doing very fine,” she tells, lies, masking her fatigue as she gestures toward the chair in front of her desk. “Thank you for asking,” she adds, almost as an afterthought. “How are you, sir?”

            He laughs, and she finds it warm and friendly, unlike his gangster-like appearance. She loosens up a little in subconscious relief. “‘Sir’ is too polite, Miss Doctor. I’m Park Jaebeom. You can call me Jay. Just Jay.”

            She quirks her lips in a small smile, a little taken aback at his strange way of addressing her. Miss Doctor? She takes a good look at his face again, “How are you…” she falters a little, unsure of such immediate familiarity, but she continues nonetheless, “Jay?”

            He is quite handsome in a youthful way, and his smile is pure, innocent, and happy. “I’m great!”

            “I can see that,” she smiles, letting out a small laugh. She pulls out a folder from a drawer and sets it on her desk and asks, “So what are you here for today, Jay?”

            “Just a check-up. It’s required before I officially start working at my job.” The atmosphere is one of conversation between two friends who had just bumped into each other on the streets, stopping for a brief exchange. It feels a little uncomfortable for Taeyeon, but still she feels somewhat nostalgic of her high school days.

            She nods understandingly and begins the procedure. During the process, she discovered that he was beginning work as a DJ for a club, that the club’s owner was a high school classmate of his (“how coincidental, right?” and she nods, flustered and uneasy as she takes his pulse), that he’s from the States (which explains his open, amiable personality) and that the rest of his family lives in California, that he’s only a year older than her, that “hey, you should come over to the club sometime,” and that “everyone needs to loosen up and let go sometimes,” when she retorts almost too playfully, “do I seem the type?”

            After the whole process and two vaccine shots are over, he stands up to thank her and she mirrors it, glancing at the clock and marveling at how fast time seemed to have passed. “Take care of yourself, okay?”

            Her face flushes with red again, Shouldn't I be the one to say that? and struggles to not stammer, “Y-You too. Take care.” He shoots another dazzling smile and clasps her hands.

            “Are you alright? Do you feel better now?” His grin increases and he gives her a pat on the shoulder and walks toward the door. Before exiting, he turns back, smiling for the umpteenth time, “Good bye, Miss Doctor!”

            She is left standing in her office, flabbergasted for the umpteenth time, wondering how it is that this man who looks like a high-schooler could have seen through her true feelings. She looks down at the slightly crinkled business card, a purple and black logo on the top right-hand corner, a phone number scratched down in boyish handwriting brandishing the bottom of the card. She smiles.