20 Helpful Tips

Confidential Guidance

1. To make curls last, make sure hair is completely dry before you begin with the curling iron.

2. If you have greasy hair, avoid directly conditioning roots and condition from your ear down to ends.

3. Go for a trim every 6-8 weeks to ensure you have no damaged ends making your hair look unhealthy

4. To make a zit go away faster, don’t pick at it. The bacteria on your fingers will create more redness.

5. During the summer, wear chapstick or lip gloss with SPF.

6. To add volume to clean or unwashed hair, use a dry shampoo spray.

7. Change your beauty routine for Spring/Summer months. Your skin needs less coverage during the spring so you can swap the heavy products for lighter ones.

8. The healthier you are, the healthier your hair! Take a daily multi-vitamin with Biotin to help hair grow.

9. Clean out your makeup bag at least once a year to get rid of old products that may be expired or you no longer use.

10. Try to avoid washing your hair everyday. Constant shampooing leaves hair dry and your scalp will create more oils to compensate for the loss of moisture.

11. Sunscreens that claim to provide “all-day protection” and “water resistance” are not reliable; don’t be fooled by these claims and reapply all sunscreens at least every two to three hours.

12. Always use a moisturizer with SPF in the morning. Even in the winter!

13. To make your cheek bones appear higher, use bronzer under the cheekbone and highlighter on the actual cheekbone.

14. Brush out your curls with your fingers to give your hair a more tousled look.

15. To make your manicure last, apply a thin layer of clear every two days.

16. Wear white eyeliner to make eyes appear less red.

17. Always allow about two fingers from your nose to where blush starts.

18. Always keep your summer makeup minimal. Minimal and sheer makeup is the way to go when it’s hot and muggy outside.

19. Carrots are good for the hair.

20. Use a cream or milk cleanser to wash your face. Creams are less drying than gels.