Bought

The Act of Possession

Jaemin smiled, satisfied with her plush turtle. She looked up as the drug store door opened, the young boy looking at her in awe. "Noona!" He ran up to the counter.

"You're so pretty today!" She smiled and ruffled the kid's hair. 

Jaemin sat on the counter, grabbed a chocolate bar from the display, and handed it to him. Placing a finger on her lips, she motioned for him to stay quiet about the incident, and he nodded in reply. "Noona, what happened to your glasses?" He placed the candy in his pocket.

"I lost them," she pouted. The boy looked up at her. "It's okay! Cause you look beautiful without them!" He laughed, before running outside.

She sat back down on the chair behind the cash register, shaking her head in amusement. "Strange child."

-----

"I'M LEAVING FOR THE NIGHT!" She yelled into the back storage room, where her colleague was.

"Bye, Jae," Hyunseong waved. "Stay safe," he warned.

"Arraso, umma," she joked.

Slipping on her jacket, she took her phone from the drawer and locked the cash register. She stepped into the cold night, grateful that her pants were jeans and that she had earmuffs.

She began to walk, upset with the notorious feeling that had bestowed itself upon her. The street lamp flickered, and she couldn't help but feel like she was in a horror film. Walking a little faster, she heard footsteps following her, and took random turns when she felt it was needed. The steps caught up to her. "Hello, pretty lady. Boss'll like you," a young man said, placing a tissue by her nose.

-----

"Don't touch her. She's gonna be auctioned," a voice muttered.

"Gosh, Yoseob. You're such a nice boy. One round won't hurt," another retorted.

"No. We were given strict orders. What would boss do when she wakes up crying and sobbing?"

"Yoseob. Those two words mean the same thing," another voice chuckled.

"Shut up, Dongwoon. Like your grammar is SOO much better."

-----

She stood in front of a group of people, wearing a provocative black dress. Jaemin's hands tied behind her back, her short hair fell in waves by her face. There was a line of other girls, ages ranging, also dressed in the same attire, standing on a stage.

A girl looked over at her. "I'm hoping to get bought by one of the BEAST oppas. They were the people who brought you here," she informed.

"Um. Bought?" Jaemin looked at the number hanging from her neck. 5.

"Yup. You're gonna be bought by gang members!" She said happily.

"That's not something to be happy about..."

The girl was about to respond, when a middle aged man tapped the microphone. "Hello, boys. Today, we have an arrangement of women, randing from ages fourteen to twenty five, all exceptionally beautiful. Now, this will work as it always has. I will call out a number, one through ten, depending on their card numbers. You ladies will step up when it's called, and the men will bid. The one with the best offer wins!" He said.

The boys in the audience clapped, hooting.

"Alright. Number one is the lovely, Jeon Hyosung! With her purple hair, her curves are especially defined, and her eye smile is to die for!"

"Fifty thousand dollars!"

"Fifty five!"

"Sixty!"

"Seventy!"

"Ninety thousand!"

The calls stopped. "Going once.... Going twice..... And she is sold to Jonghyun of SHINee!"

----

It continued for a while, until he called Jaemin's number. "Aigooo, isn't she a cutie? Number five is Yoo Jaemin!" He looked over at you. "What are your talents and or specialties?" he whispered.

"Um. I play piano and tennis?" She replied hesitantly. "We have a talent here! Both musical AND athletic, she plays tennis and piano, and can rock a bob cut! Her legs are long and slim, and her dimples are adorkable!"

"Eighty thousand dollars!"

"NO! Ninty!"

"A hundred thousand dollars!"

A calm voice yelled out, "One million dollars."

Jaemin looked up at the buyer, surprised that it was one of her classmates. The room stayed silent.

"Wow. Going once, going twice, and she is sold to

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Youngmin of Boyfriend!"


I know you saw this coming.

I know it.