Winter Days

The Act of Possession

She shuffled around her cozy apartment, which was now currently a hazardous place, looking for her scarf. She gave the window a quick glance, irritated by the fact that the snow seemed to be falling even faster.

Holding up the fabric in victory, she quickly wrapped it around her neck, making sure her large, thick-framed glasses were in place, before grabbing her calculus textbook and rushing to the bus stop.

Sighing in relief that the bus hadn't come yet, she quickly bowed to an elderly woman, who smiled, handing her a steaming hot red-bean bun.

"Aigoo, Jaeminnie. You never come empty handed, do you?" Mrs. Shim giggled, watching the younger fumble with the book and her belongings, trying to take a bite of the pastry.

Jaemin handed the woman an umbrella from her backpack. "Seems like I don't."

-----

She clumsily entered her locker combination, trying not to bump into anyone, all the while studying. Hearing the first bell ring, she grabbed all her books, shoving her backpack and jacket and scarf inside, before running.

Jaemin ran into two tall, identical boys, her books and glasses falling to the floor. She looked up, her eyes wide and apologetic, before grabbing her belongings and yelling a 'Sorry', rushing to class.

Youngmin turned to his brother. "Dang. She ran fast. And she's HOTT," he gushed.

Kwangmin rolled his eyes. "She's pretty. Hot is just degrading," he reprimanded the younger of the twins.

"Blah blah blah. I know what I want for dinner," Youngmin his lips. "OW!" He whined, covering his head, where Kwangmin had hit.

"I can't believe I'm even related to you," he sighed.

"I have an idea. Call the meeting off. We have some research to do," he picked up the schedule from the floor.

------

Sitting in the front and center seat, as usual, Jaemin took out her notebook and pencil, ready to learn. Something hit the back of her head. Bowing her head in annoyance, she turned around and looked for the culprit. Seeing that one of the school's kingkas, No Minwoo was laughing uncontrollably, she decided to let the matter go, not wanting to get into a disagreement with someone so high on the school's food chain.

It wasn't until about 30 more paper balls and airplanes, was when she slapped her hand over her face, and asked to go to the bathroom.

She slowly walked down the empty hallways, contemplating whether or not to just move in with her brother.

No, Jaemin. He hates you, remember?

You don't know that

I'm almost absolutely sure he does

Yeah. ALMOST

Jaemin pushed the door open, glad to find the bathroom empty, and walking over to the mirror. She didn't see a nerd. She didn't see a beautiful girl, either. What she saw was too hideous, too murderous to ever be revealed.

The reason why everyone left.