SHOCK

I Will Make You Love Me

                                                                            SHOCK   

Yoo Rin aimed to graduate high school with honors order to do that she had to stay in this resort job during the summer. Damn boring. She was not the kind of girl that guys would be interest in anyway and for her it was a good thing. How many times has she seen a girl in her class cry her eyes out because her “guy” broke up with her? Eeeww! Yoo Rin shook her head as she picked up the towels. Working as part of the house keeping wasn’t all bad. She gets paid really well and she knows her dad would be proud of her earning enough for pocket money to go visit Shin in America. Shin is her best friend since they been infants. Their parents were business rivals but that didn’t stop them from being friends. She wondered how Shin was, He left when they were both 11 but kept in touch the old fashion way. Thru Letters and phone calls. Lately Shin hasn’t called or written and Yoo Rin wondered why. They promised each other that they will always be friend no matter what. Maybe he’s changed? They’ve been friends since they could talk and Shin being in America was never an issue with them until 3 months ago. When Shin stopped calling or writing. This was why Yoo Rin decided to go to America to see Shin for herself. She can’t lose the longest and best friend she ever had, she just can’t. Yoo Rin was not known for her patience. She was brilliant enough to know that she can do anything she set her mind to.

“Hello?”Yoo Rin yelled loudly as she entered with her cart. The room was quiet but it was better not to startle the occupant if ever he/she was in. “Housekeeping.” No one answered. No one was around. This was good. She started her work. Cleaning the room, changing the sheets, emptying the ash tray. A smoker. Yoo Rin was disgusted. She can stand smokers. If one wanted to kill himself he should include everyone else on his death wish. Yoo Rin almost done and now all she had to do are to clean the bathroom. Yoo Rin was happy. She would finally go home today to visit her parents whom she missed. Yoo Rin entered the bathroom with towels in her hands and she was surprised when she saw a tall muscular guy leave the shower dripping wet. Yoo Rin's instinct took over she screamed and threw the towels she had at him. The guy screamed as well. Yoo Rin ran out of the bathroom and straight for the door but an arm grabbed the collar of her uniform. Yoo Rin kept screaming.

“Calm down. Calm down!” the guy was still dripping wet but now he had a towel wrapped on his waist and one on his shoulders. Yoo Rin let out another shriek and then stopped. The guy looked down at her, he was more angry than embarrassed.

“I’m sorry ajusshi; I didn’t know anyone was here.”Yoo Rin said but she kept her eyes away from the guy. Seeing a guy was not doing anything good to her senses not to mention it was embarrassing as hell.

The guy pulled Yoo Rin down the couch then sat next to her keeping his hand on her upper arm. Yoo Rin kept her eyes away but her arm was starting to hurt. The guy was silent Yoo Rin assumed he was staring at her. But his hair was dripping on her arm.

“Sorry, sorry ajusshi.”Yoo Rin repeated bowing in his direction her eyes averted.

“Stop bowing.” the guy said his voice deep and somehow deadly, which made Yoo Rin more nervous. “Eh Mianhamnida… Sorry... Dui bu qui…Gomennasai...Patawad…”Yoo Rin started apologizing in all the languages that she knows.

“Stop apologizing.” The guy ordered. Yoo Rin stopped.

Silence. The guy still held he arm. Yoo Rin wanted to get out of there right now.

“What’s you name?” The guy asked with one hand rubbing the towel a towel on his wet hair.

“Eh?”

“Your name?”

“Ajjushi, don’t you think you should get dressed? Aren’t you getting cold?”Yoo Rin asked not really caring if this guy was cold or not as long as he let’s go of her. The guy laughed. It surprised Yoo Rin; she didn’t know what he found so funny. She knew she was in the wrong but that didn’t mean he could detain her like this.

“What’s so funny?”

“You already saw me , why do I need to hide anything now.” He sounded amused.

“Eh?” Yoo Rin remarked and then she mumbled “That’s no reason.” Then added “Ajjushi, can you let go of my arm?”

The guy let go of Yoo Rin’s arm. It took all her will power not to rub it in front of him.

“Ajjushi, I’m really very sorry. I don’t really know what to tell you.”

“You can start with your name.”

“Are you going to complain to the manager?” Yoo Rin instantly faced him. His eyelashes were so long! Focus! Focus. “Please please don’t report me.”

The guy stared back at her. “I am not going to report you. Your name?”

“Why do you need my name if you’re no going to report me?” Yoo Rin asked puzzled.

“I wanted to know the name of my anae, wife.”

“WHAT?!!” Yoo Rin backed away from the guy.

The door flew open then and 2 other guys came in. They stopped dead in their tracks staring at the scene in surprise.