1

The Bet

"Heechul ssi?" 

The one called looked up at Hangeng from his cup. They were in the coffee shop, a place where they hang out before their schedules begin. If they weren't in front of their computers, playing. 

"Ladies, 7 o'clock." Heechul raised his eyebrow at the younger, and almost turned. "Do you really have to be that obvious?"

"Sheesh. What do you want me to do, get a mirror or something?"

Just then, a woman walked past two tables from them, heading for the counter. He looks at Hangeng and the latter nods before sipping from his cup. 

"Son," Heechul stands up and dusts invisible dirt off his shirt. "Watch me."

 

"Isn't that too much coffee for one morning?" 

Yubi turned her head curiously towards the newcomer. "Excuse me?" 

Hangeng, my boy. You've learned a lot.  Heechul thought to himself. The goddess in front of him had long hair and milky white skin. Seemed to be Chinese, even. 

"Coffee," he gestured to what she just bought. "A coffee person, I suppose?" She smiled, looking at her coffee.

"That would be--" the girl at the counter began. 

"I'll pay for her, Miss," Heechul interrupted and flashed the girl a smile. He laughed mentally at how her face flushed red, and reached for his wallet, but the goddess beat him to it. No, not reaching for his wallet. She beat him to paying, and gave the lady some cash and smiled, saying, "Thank you."

The girl looked surprised, "Yes, have a nice day, Miss! See you!"

Heechul stared as she turned again, this time facing him fully. "Maybe next time," she said and bowed. 

 

Heechul gazed out of the glass walls as she went towards a car. Her friend, who was a stunner too, was tapping on her phone, waiting for the goddess. As she approched her, the former looked questioningly at her, to which the latter just shrugged and smiled. 

"So, what happened?" Hangeng asked. "Did you get her name? Her number? How about her friend's?"

Heechul stared at him. 

"Seriously, you didn't??"

"Hey--!"

"Aish. And you told me to watch you. Oh look at what I learned today from the great Kim Heechul."

"Yah!"

"Aish, don't bother explaining." Heechul glared at him, to which the younger only shrugged. 

"I was about to get her name,but she has to go somewhere--"

"Oh, really now?"

"Han Geng."

"Go on, go on," Hangeng waved his hand, almost dismissively, at him. 

"I am the Kim Heechul."

"Yes, yes, you were, until this morning," he smirked. "Kim Heechul, who just got rejected."

"Well watch me," he laughed and picked up his cup. "I'll make that woman mine within a week."

"And who is this woman? Do you have her name? Her number? You have nothing."

He found myself smiling, gazing at the innocent girl fixing random insiginificant things on the counter. She could do something more useful than that. "Oh, I have something Hangeng. You bet I do."

 

Heechul knows her type. He has seen plenty like her before. At first, playing hard to get. But then a little more effort and the goddess will give in. 

After what happened yesterday, he decide to gain his honor back. Asking the girl at the counter nicely, he got the only information he needed. Seems like she hangs out there often too. 

At exactly 9 AM, she entered the coffee shop, and went towards the counter. He took it she didn't notice him. A face like his wouldn't go unnoticed! You are something else, aren't you, goddess?

"One--"

"Latte, please." She looked at him. In three seconds flat, Heechul had the beverage in his hand. He asked the girl to prepare one earlier. Isn't that nice of him?

She smiled and said, "Someone seemed to have made a little bit of..research, I presume?"

The girl's eyes widened, "Miss, I'm sor--!"

"No, no, it's fine," she laughed. 

"Well, you probably think I'm a stalker now," he smiled. "But really, I wasn't able to buy you coffee yesterday, so.."

He handed her the cup. 

Alright. Women like her will pretend to reject his offer. She'll say thanks but won't accept it, but silently hoping he'll be here tomorrow again. Then she'll go. And he'll be left here with no honor regained. Heechul simply can't accept that, so no matter what, he'll insist that she take the coffee--

"Thanks," she smiled and took it. "Have a nice day."

She then bowed and walked off, leaving him standing there, holding out his hand to no one.

"Sir?" the girl called him. 

Heechul snapped out of it and looked at her, then to his empty, outstretched hand, then to the door about to close. He ran and found her walking down the street. He then jogged until he was by her side. She looked at him questioningly, her head tilted to one side and she looked so beautiful. 

"Heechul," he smiled, and held his hand out to her. 

"Yubi," she smiled and took his hand. He shook their hands together, looking closely at her. Sigh. She coughed and loosened her hand. "Well."

"Well," he repeated and smiled. 

"Nice to meet you, Heechul."

"Pleasure is all mine," he smiled again, for the nth time today. She laughed and looked at him like she was trying to read his mind. But then she shook her head lightly and said, "Well, I should probably go."

"Yes, yes. I'll see you around?"

"Seems you know where I am though," she laughed, referring to the coffe shop. "Goodbye, Heechul."

 

Heechul smiled to himself and brought out his phone after saying goodbye to her. First step done. 

Hangeng, I'm gonna win this. 

 

__________________________

a/n: changed pov, sorry!