Seventh Harmony

Enjoy Your Harmony

Shin Hyesung knew that he was going to face more conflicts than agreements when he started working with Jihoon. For some reason, that man was out to get him. Hyesung had once thought that it was jealousy, but then he realized that it wasn't the case. Even so, he didn't like the grin that Jihoon was currently giving him after he showed them his drafts for the new single. Then, for what did he do to deserve such a problematic coworker?

"I'd say Hyesung-ssi, is this another one of your 'big creations'?" he asked, emphasizing on the sarcasm.

"It's teamwork. That's why I'm showing it to you to ask for your opinions. Well?" Hyesung replied, hoping that Jihoon would give his honest opinions.

"Well... It's workable. Just a few things to be changed here and there to fit the concept of the single. Has Minwoo shown you the layout yet?"

Hyesung looked through his files and found the one that Jihoon referred to. For the rest of the day, the two of them and the rest of the team in charge began discussing about their project. Hyesung was deadbeat by the time they finalized the idea of the new single. He had lost count of the number of times he rolled his eyes at their comments and how he almost flared up each time they insisted that he changed his draft.

It was just one damn track, Hyesung thought. Yet, the young director felt like he had just done up an album single handedly after a whole day of discussion. If they wanted to change it so much, why did they even bother asking him to be part of this project? Sure, there were times that they had common agreements, but working with them never felt as fun as it was with Eric.

"Eric never clipped my wings." Hyesung mumbled to himself as he walked out of the music studio and back to his office.

"Who never did what?" A voice said from behind him, startling the director.

"Eric!"

The tall man was leaning against the wall of the corridor with his arms folded, a smile present on his charming face. He regained his posture and started walking towards Hyesung.

"How did it go?"

Hyesung shook his head and let out a sigh, "At least there's some progress." He didn't even want to remember the ordeal he had just went through.

Eric patted Hyesung's shoulders and laughed. He continued walking down the hallway and ushered Hyesung along with him. "I know you can do it, Hyesungie! Though I wish I was partnering up with you again."

Hyesung's heart rate increased. Did Eric mean that he was hoping to be partners again?

"What makes you think I'd want to partner with you again?" Hyesung lied. He wanted to see what was Eric's reaction.

"It's not your choice anyway." Eric chimed, "besides, I've told you. I like your music."

The younger male merely nodded and turned into his office. He stopped by the door to look at the man behind him, hesitating slightly before deciding to speak.

"Eric..." He called, successfully getting his attention, "About what you said in the car last time..."

The taller male looked at his watch then returned his gaze back to Hyesung. "Sorry Hyesungie, I've gotta go. Talk to you later."

With that, Eric walked off and left Hyesung standing stupidly outside his office. He stared at the back view of the tall man who was walking away and let out a huff. Hyesung knew that Eric was avoiding the topic. But why?

"Stupid arrogant loach. Stop playing with people's feelings." Hyesung mumbled as he walked into his office, shutting the door with a loud slam.

"Say Wannie... Don't you think Hyesungie is being a bit too affected by the project with Jihoon?" Hyesung's neighbour asked.

They had just heard the door slamming and there were only two possibilities for Hyesung's rage. That man was usually calm and composed after all. It was either something to do with his music or the people. At this point in time, the couple could say for certain that it was both.

"He definitely likes Eric, but he's just too stubborn to come to terms with his feelings."

Minwoo agreed and took a sip from the cup placed in front of him. "But Eric... I have no idea what is that guy thinking."

"As long as nobody get hurts..." Dongwan replied, "but we should watch out for Jihoon though. After all-"

"I know. That's what we're here for isn't it?" Minwoo interrupted, placing his hand over Dongwan's.

The next few weeks went on as normal; the occasional disagreements, Hyesung scribbling on his papers and the other team preparing the necessary arrangements for the recording. The production team had already met the singer who found his new song pretty queer. Jihoon snickered after the comment, much to Hyesung's chagrin.

Hyesung probably felt that he was being unfair towards Jihoon to a certain extent. After all, there is no right or wrong in music. Still, the creative director merely wanted his works to be appreciated. He knew that his success the previous time was probably due to beginner's luck and the endless promotions ShinCom had been doing for June, so he had been working extra hard for this new project. The only person who truly understood his feelings was probably Eric though.

Eric had been texting Hyesung every now and then to ask him about the progress of his work since eventually, Eric would be the one who does the recording. Hyesung kept quiet at first, but he couldn't bottle up his frustrations for long.

'... and then he said the original one was better. He's definitely fooling around with me '

'I'm sure he knows the seriousness of this. Bear with another month Hyesungie.'

Hyesung sighed at the reply and pinched the bridge of his nose. One more month... he wondered if he could pull through. Hyesung knew that neither he nor Jihoon were people that were hard to get along with, but they simply couldn't work in a team due to different ideals.

'Thanks Eric. What are you busy with anyway?'

'Stuff. You know I'm kind of like an errand boy in ShinCom.'

'Uh huh. I've been meaning to ask, the last time in the car...'

'It is what it means, Hyesungie'

The younger male stared at Eric's reply. He blinked once, then twice, and then a third time. Pressing the home button of his iPhone, he touched the phone icon and dialed for Eric. He was half hoping that the man wouldn't pick up, considering that Eric had avoided the question a few weeks ago. Obviously, he wish never came true.

"Yah, what do you mean by that?"

A chuckle could be heard from the other side. Eric paused for a while before answering the half-annoyed, half-nervous Hyesung. "It is what it means. But it would be an offense to rush the prince, isn't it?"

Hyesung couldn't tell whether Eric was being serious or not. His tone was so serious, and yet his words were full of tease. Hyesung hated this Eric, he hated it when people played with his feelings. The question is, why is he so bothered by it? He probably missed the feeling of having someone who enjoyed his music, Hyesung thought, but he knew that his denial was only a lie to himself. Eric's nonstop callings from the phone was left ignored. Still dazed, he quickly hung up the line and rushed to bed.

The doors of ShinCom opened sharply at 7am each day, but workers would only start streaming in half an hour later. There were four men in particular who would always enter the building at 8am everyday, bright smiles and handsome features, gaining the attention of the receptionists at the lobby. Of course, they showed no interest in the girls who often dressed themselves in tight-fitting blouses and -hugging skirts. They were the elites and they moved on their own, so it was a wonder why they hung out with a feminine guy who looked gloomy more often than not.

"Bad mood again, Hyesungie?" Minwoo asked as the quartet met Hyesung at the lift lobby.

Hyesung grumbled, his eyebags clearly showing on his porcelain skin. The four men knew that Hyesung was having a hard time with his new project, and more of a hard time dealing with his own feelings. This was never mentioned to the man himself though, as they understood that Hyesung's stubborn self would never admit the truth until he found it out the hard way.

Junjin conveniently latched an arm around Hyesung's shoulders. "Cheer up. I can already see the positive feedback we're going to get once the single is released." he cheered, nudging Andy to join along.

The creative director thanked his friends and walked away quietly to his office, missing his usual breakfast time with them. He had another meeting later with the project team, and he simply wished that everything would be over soon. Checking his watch, Hyesung grabbed his files and prepared himself for another round of debate.

"Just that last part, bring it into a minor key. I don't think Kangta would be able to sing that pitch." 

Hyesung sighed and rolled his eyes. He tapped on Jihoon's shoulders, making the other man take off his headphones. 

"If you bring it into the minor key, the whole song would be in a different mood. That's not the concept that we're targeting at." the composer stated.

Jihoon smiled at him, as if it was a sign of assurance. "I know what I'm doing, Hyesung-ssi."

"If Eric was here, he would be against this."

This time, it was Jihoon's turn to roll his eyes. "Eric, Eric, Eric. Hyesung-ssi, I've lost count of the number of times you've mentioned his name during our meetings. Honestly, if people didn't know you better, they'd think you're in love with him!"

The last commented attracted the attention of the people inside the studio. They all turned and stared at the now flustered Hyesung who was now trying to think of a rebuttal.

"I'm just being honest. If you know nothing, shut your trap." he said harshly before walking hurriedly out of the studio. 

Junjin and Minwoo had just ended their meeting with the other directors when they saw a familar figure storming towards the office entrance. They quickened their steps and followed, only to be greeted by a loud slam from the door. The duo exchanged glances before deciding to call their counterparts. Andy and Dongwan appeared from behind their cubicles to join them outside Hyesung's office.

"What happened?" Dongwan asked.

"Probably Jihoon and his music." Minwoo guessed.

The Jindy couple nodded and peered into Hyesung's office from the slit between the blinds. Hyesung didn't realise that he had 'visitors', he was too caught up in his own thoughts to even consider his surroundings. Just what was he angry at? The thought of Jihoon insulting his music or the fact that Jihoon had just said what he kept denying all this while?

Shin Hyesung didn't realise that a person's feelings for another could be changed within the matter of months. He took out his phone and wanted to call his confidant to rant to, until he remembered the phone conversation they had the night before. He stared at the screen that displayed Eric's name and phone number. When did he open up to Eric so much? Fervently shaking his head, Hyesung locked the screen and placed his phone on the table with a clatter. 

He pinched the bridge of his nose, letting his mind wander into thoughts. The words from Minwoo and Jihoon were stuck in his head. He tried to break away from those thoughts, but somehow they just keep coming back. The celebratory date with Eric, the squabbles and conversations they had every now and then, the skinship that he surprisingly didn't mind that much, the feeling of working with Eric who appreciated his music. All these weren't because he was used to it.

Hyesung suddenly sat upright and stared blankly at the whiteboard in front of him that was filled with musical notes. The four men outside the room leaned in closer to look at Hyesung's reaction. Things were getting interesting.

"Oh god, oh dear god." he mumbled with trembling lips.

The couples grinned, it looks like the man himself finally realised.

Shin Hyesung was in love with the man named Eric Mun.


This chapter took me two days. Hahahas~ I wanted to write about Hyesung's feelings in the next chapter, but I felt that it was more appropriate if I filled it in here instead.

Ahh yes, and so our darling Hyesungie has finally realised his feelings. Then what about Eric? xD As the author I sometimes feel that Eric is too teasing. Hahahah! Poor Hyesung D: 

Jindy and Woodong would play a bigger role in the future chapters! Now their job is to make life terrible for Hyesung :3 So I hope you guys stay tuned to see more Jindy and Woodong action~! ^^

Thanks for the subscribes, upvotes and comments. I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Special thanks to my 3 new upvoters!

ramyunfave

floppybeib

ozoxee

Till my next update, subscribe, comment and rant! ^^ 

cheers,
cladiot