5 More Minutes

5 More Minutes

Hyung Jun

“Come on, we have to hurry!”

“Wait hyung. Just give me a second


Hyung Jun swiftly grabbed whatever was in his reach and headed towards the door while his brother, Ki Bum, took his time, choosing which bag he was going to use. 

“If you want to get bombed and die, then for all i care, take your time. but you’re putting MY life at stake here, and...Chocco’s

It was like judgement day. Everyone was running around the city, searching for the best place to seek shelter from the bullets and bombshells. It was deafening, but what bothered them mostly was the thoughts and concerns they had for their friends and family. The both of them ran, hands gripping tightly onto each other’s. Silently praying for everyone’s safety.

Never once did they expect this to happen. It was just too sudden, taking all of them by surprise.

“Where are we going Hyung?” the clueless Ki Bum questioned out of fear

“Jung Minnie’s place

-----------------------------------------

Jung Min

Meanwhile, Jung Min ran a few times around his house, for no particular reason. He was panicking, and with a carrot in one hand, and a phone in another, he continued to run. In fact, he felt like giving up, like there was no chance for him to make it out alive from this ridiculous, so-called, war. He had once prayed and hoped for a reunification between the two sides of Korea. No matter how much the north threatened his country, he still saw some positive and made it one of his “HOPES” for the coming year.

he did not think about anything or anyone, they all seemed too unimportant right now. It was his own safety that left him in fear. Fear that he never experienced before.
------------------------------------------

Kyu Jong + Young Saeng


“Young Saeng hyung!”

“Oh Kyu Jong. Wae?”

“Oh thank god you answered the call. I’ve been calling everyone, but no one picked up”

“Uhh...Maybe because they’re too busy escaping?”

“Oh yeah”

“You need help there?”

“Why do you sound so calm?”

“I’m at some place where no one would ever hurt me”

“Right...”

“I’ll let you in on the secret”

“Okay. Can i bring my family too?”

“But you have to bring food, I’m pretty hungry”

“Okay.”

---------------------------------------------

Hyun Joong


“KIM HYUN JOONG!”

While everyone was busy tripping, running, crawling and whatever else they were doing, the lazy king, Kim Hyun Joong was comfortably tossing and turning in his bed. The silk material drowned him in his dream and he smiled unconsciously as he saw beautiful blue mountains and colourful chirping birds. Of course, he failed to recognise the sounds of explosions, and of people screaming. The loud cries of children were mute to his ears too. 

“KIM HYUN JOONG” his girlfriend furiously shook him. 

“Uhh...5 more minutes.”

“Yeah? In LESS than 5 minutes, you could DIE!”

“Oh don’t be silly...why would i die?”


Just then, the loudest explosion was heard and he immediately sat up on his bed, thinking it was all a nightmare.

“Did you hear that? That’s the angel of death coming for you

He looked at her with his expressionless face. For once, he instantly understood what she meant.
-----------------------------

Hyung Jun


Are we nearly there hyung?”

“Look, Ki Bum, one more time you ask me that, i swear i will...take your phone off you”


Ki bum snickered at his brother’s attempt to threaten him. But he didn’t want to retaliate, not at times like these. But he didn’t need to anyway. He looked at Hyung Jun and flashed a sarcastic smile.

“In about 5 minutes, Ki bum
-----------------------------

Kyu Jong + Young Saeng


“What the hell? Young Saeng hyung, how’d you think of this place?”

“Cuz i’m cool like that
” he spoke with a ‘konglish’ accent

“Did the rest call? Are they coming too?”

“Nah. I can just imagine them. All panicky. I wish i could see their faces

----------------------------

Jung Min


“Oh good Hyung Jun...for once, i’m glad to see you”

“DON’T START!” 
the younger of the two requested. They were dubbed as the Tom and Jerry, but honestly, they were worse. 

“Hyung Jun ah-,” Jung Min looked at him, his face full of pity, “Why aren’t you wearing pants?”
----------------------------

Hyun Joong

“Quick, i know a place”

“and where could that possibly be Hyun Joong?”
 his girlfriend spoke with a-matter-of-fact tone. As though stating that he was just as hopeless as the rest of the South Korean

“Just come with me”

“What about your stuff?”

“Really? Is that what you could think of now?”

“okay then...your family?”

“They know their way”

-----------------------------

The situation worsened. People were now dying as soldiers invaded the suburban areas. Houses collapsed as a result of the careless shootings coming from the fighter-jets.

It was obvious, the war was not going to settle. This was just the beginning, the start of struggle.
----------------------------

Hyung Jun + Jung Min

“Can you stop running around and actually think?”

“Well Mr Responsible, if you don’t want a panicky person to help, then you’ve come to the wrong place. You know how i’m like in situations like these”

“Oh please,”
 Ki bum interrupted, “Grow up!”

“Shut up Ki bum
!” both Hyung Jun and Jung Min ordered at the same time

“Oh! I KNOW A PLACE”

“Omo Hyung Jun ah, i...didn’t...expect...your...brain....to...function”

“Follow me”

“Is it far? Do you need pants?”
 Jung Min questioned with an innocent look

“About a 5 minute journey”

“So...you don’t need pants?”

------------------------------

Young Saeng + Kyu Jong


“We should tell them.”

“Nah. I think we’re fine!” 
said the older boy who was too occupied with the packet of wafers Kyu Jong brought.

“Speaking of the devil...”
-----------------------------

“Omo! Saengie! Kyu Jong!”

“Hyun Joong~”
 Young Saeng greeted, putting his wafer aside, “how’d you know?”

“are you kidding?”


Young Saeng let out a chuckle, in fact, he had expected this happen. 

“When’d you come?” Hyun Joong diverted his attention to Kyu Jong, who sat silently in a corner.

“A few hours ago” 
---------------------------

Hyung Jun + Jung Min

“RUN FAT BOY RUN!”

“STOP TEASING ME!”

“YOU STILL DON’T HAVE PANTS ON”

“THAT’S YOUR FAULT! YOU SELFISH LITTLE GOOD-FOR-NOTHING PERSON”

----------------------------

“Look, here they come!”

“What a surprise!”
 Hyun Joong interfered.

Both Hyung Jun and Jung Min walked towards the 4, panting and still cursing each other under their breaths. Ki Bum maintained his calm and contacted his family members assuring them of his safety.

“WOW! I can’t believe we’re all here”

“Really? I sort of expected it”
 Young Saeng revealed his thoughts

“Why?” 

“Well, because, this is the only safe place we only know about. And it’s a place only accessible to US”

“Didn’t think of that”
 Hyung Jun confessed, a stupid grin plastered on his face

“I still can’t believe that we’ve ended up in the first dorm we all shared”

“it’s the place where we first bonded”
 the sentimental Kyu Jong reminisced.

“It’s where we shared beds”

“and...it’s bullet, bomb...and uh...everything proof”

“So in the end...we ended up where we began”
 Hyun Joong concluded before formally greeting and hugging each member.

*BOOM*
--------------

Coughs were heard and smoke was blurring the visions of everyone. One by the one they stood up, they walked through the smoke and finally, at the centre of that very room, they found each other’s hands. 

THE END

* next is the explanation