Three.

Butterfly Kisses, Coffee and Sunday Mornings

Tao rolls in his bed, his comforter cozier than usual.

He wonders briefly if he should just stay in bed. It probably isn't too late and he can afford to get at least another twenty minutes sleep in before his alarm would go off.

But to be on the safe side, he should probably check.

Tao opens his eyes slowly, expecting to see bare bed sheets and a pillow, or the window, but definitely not the bushy eyebrows of his blonde neighbour sleeping next to him.

"Holy !" He screams, taking a dramatic tumble of the bed as he's completely forgotten how this man has gotten into his house.

Yifan grumbles once, then twice, scratching his chin and Tao is about to get up and unleash hell on him but catches sight of the clock.

"Holy !"

8:25 is not an ideal time to be waking up for an 8:45 class.

Zitao zips around his apartment like a ninja, almost tripping over while pulling his jeans up and sighing when he realizes he has bed hair, water doing absolutely nothing to fix it.

“Zitao?” Yifan mumbles, watching the younger boy through half-lidded eyes, “Would you be quiet, I’m trying to sleep."

“Excuse me,” Tao finds a moment to pause and glare down at the man who is still sprawled out in his bed, “This is my house, you’re in my bed, and what I’d like to find out is how and why you’re still here.”

“You fell asleep on your couch and I put you into bed and then I fell asleep next to you.” The blonde explains.

Tao blushes and throws his sequined blue backpack at the elder man, “I have to get to school, but I don’t want to leave you in here.”

“Why? Don’t you trust me?” Yifan says with a smirk, picking at the bedazzled bag with intrigue, “Why does a boy own a girl’s bag?”

Tao’s lips go tight as he strides toward the bed, snatching the item from the blonde’s hands, leaving his spare key on the beside table.

He heads to the front door, opening it and stepping out to leave, but not before sending one last fuming look back at the bedroom. Tao stamps his foot and yells three beautiful words.

“It is uni!”

 

~

 

“My neighbour is a complete dickhead.” Zitao announces when he sat down in assembly.

Jongin smirks beside him and Sehun laughs.

Yixing steps over from where he was supposed to be welcoming the seventh graders, “But he’s hot, right? You texted he was hot.” The elder Chinese boy says, grinning.

Tao blushes and shakes his head, mumbling in Mandarin, “Yeah, but that’s before he slept in my bed and made fun of my bag.”

“Can we speak Korean, please? We don’t understand your blabber.” Jongin rolls his eyes, scooting down comfortably in his chair.

“You racist pig.” Tao shoots at him, switching back to his lacking second language.

“I try.” The tan boy laughs, “So why is he so bad?”

“He insulted Tao’s bag.” Yixing answers, “But a lot of people do.”

“Sensitive.” Sehun smirks, "But you suddely care because he’s good looking, right?”

“And he slept over.”

Tao wants to hit Yixing for just being the worst friend ever.

“Did you guys already?!” Jongin gasps rather loudly and a nearby teacher turns to shoot him a glare.

“Mr. Kim. Detention after school.”

A couple girls around them giggle and Sehun joins in with his own obnoxious laugh. Jongin just flips them all off.

“No, we did not.” Tao hisses, scooting to give Yixing more shoulder space as he sits down, “He was over because he didn’t know how to turn on the stove and besides, I’m underage and he’d be committing several crimes in sleeping with me.”

The vice-principle gets up onto the stage and starts shuffling his papers into order, the hall dulling to silence, “Good morning, students. Today we have a few announcements to get through and a few rules we need to recover and perhaps explain, because a few of you seem to just not understand them.”

The teacher that gave Jongin the detention shoots their group a pointed look.

“Firstly, we are very sad to announce the departure of a very treasured member of our schooling staff.” The vice-principle continues, gesturing toward the lovely little old lady who has been the school’s nurse for apparently twenty-five years now, “Mrs. Hwang will be retiring today and I know a lot of you will miss her, especially those who have been attending our school for their entire academic lives.”

Tao sighs and sinks deeper into his seat, wondering if he can get away with sleeping in the middle of school assembly when suddenly he catches sight of an all too familiar mop of mussed blonde hair.

The vice-principle smiles, “I’d like to introduce our brand new school nurse, Wu Yi Fan.”

“.” Tao groans.

 

~

 

It's just after lunch that Tao runs into Yifan.

He is hurrying down the hall to his Literature class and even though he tries his hardest to avoid that part of the school, his classroom is right next to the nurse’s office and goddammit why do you have to come out now, Tao thinks when Yifan steps out the door.

“Oh, Tao!” The blonde smiles, digging his hands into the pockets of his black trousers, “How are you?”

The younger boy blinks up at Yifan and after debating whether he should skip his class or not, he grasps the collar of the older man’s blue shirt and drags him back into the office.

“Why are you here?” He demands as soon as the door is closed.

The blonde blinks, “I’m the school’s new nurse, or weren’t you listening?”

“Why didn’t you tell me you were going to be working at my school?” Tao wails, sounding exactly like the teenager he is.

“I didn’t realize until I saw the crest on your blazer.” Yifan replies, still able to muster up a smirk although he knows the younger is completely serious, “And you were in a bit of a rush, if you haven’t forgotten.”

Tao lets out a heavy sigh and shifts his books in his arms, “I have to get to class.”

“You’re already late.” The elder man says, “Come over here, your hair is a mess.”

Tao lets himself be dragged over to a chair and gently pushed to sit down, watching Yifan walk around to the cabinets in the office and pull out a small plastic jar.

“What are you going to do?” Tao mumbles, placing his books down one of the beds next to him.

“Just shut up and relax, Zitao.” Yifan opens the jar and dips two fingers inside, slicking what Tao guesses to be hair wax over the rest of his digits, “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you that I was going to be working at your school.”

“To be fair we only met yesterday.” Tao mumbles, letting the blonde’s fingers work into his scruffy bed hair, "It's not like you owe me an explaination."

“I slept in your bed. I think we’re close already.”

The younger boy fiddles with the end of his crisp white school shirt, biting his lip, “I won’t tell anyone about that. I won’t tell them it’s you. That you're my neighbour, I mean.”

Yifan looks surprised, but Tao can see the relief in his eyes, “Not even your friends?”

“No… Not even them. But just out of curiosity, how old are you?”

The blonde raises one of his thick eyebrows, “I didn’t tell you already? I’ll be turning twenty-two this year.”

“Six year , huh?” Tao hears Yifan laugh.

“Six years isn’t that much.”

The raven haired boy flushes bright red and curls his fingers around his shirt a little bit tighter, “W-what are you even saying... You creep.”

“Your hair is officially fixed. That’s what.” Yifan grins, moving around to the small bathroom in the corner of the office to wash his hands.

Tao stands and looks toward the mirror on the wall next to the door, incredibly pleased to see that Yifan has indeed fixed his unruly hair, “Thank you, but this doesn’t change that I’m late to class.”

The blonde man gives a grin and nods, “Right. Give me a second.”

Tao watches him go around the corner and appear again a moment later with a yellow slip of paper in one hand.

“Just pass this to your teacher, you’ll be fine.”

The smaller boy bites his lip and chokes out a small ‘thank you’ before he leaves the office, Yifan waving behind him.

 


Ugh. This took so long to update, and I am so sorry ;u;

So... Yifan is the new school nurse? Awkward...

Will Tao be able to keep it a secret from his friends? Will Yifan be outed? Who knows!

I've been getting a lot of comments recently saying that Kris is portrayed as really nice in this story, but to be honest, I don't think Kris is a rude face all the time... I mean, sure, he probably has his moments, but I prefer to have him as a witty guy who has biting comments, but is generally a really nice guy :)

I think you all kind of like that too, really... xD

Anyways! Thank you for all your love and support! I'll try and hae the neck chapter up sooner!

Love,

Tea x