A Greedy Man

Yongseo Crumbs
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yonghwa wake up early this morning.

He should, because he had been waiting for this day for almost a week, a damn long week. Right after his yeoshin told him that she wrote the lyrics for the song he made for her, and that the song is included in their next album and they were just finished the filming for the MV.

He don't know how he manage to received all those news when it hit him all at once, he might not think much on that day, but after Seohyun hang up the phone and he start to absorb the news, the feeling of excitement, proud and nervous start to crawl in him which make him start to restless.

Despite worried whether the lyrics she wrote will be good or not, he more worried that the song he composed for her turns out not as good as he thought it would be and affect to her group image overall. Of course he have faith to his yeoshin that she will write a good lyrics, he even put his curiousity uphigh until the day her company release the MV.

And that is today, thought Yonghwa with full excitement. I already invited FTISLAND members to watch together, so all I need now is enough food and beverages to feed bunch of famish boys.

Yonghwa take a quick bath when his other members still in their dreamland and step outside the dorm to buy several ingriediences, beverages and a lot of snacks. When he come home with shopping bags in both of his hands, MInhyukkie already wake up and in the middle of watching TV in the living room.

"Hyung? Oedi gasse-yo (Where are from)?" asked Minhyuk look surprise as if he didn't expect to found him come from outside, moreover with both hands full of plastic bags. "I thought you're still sleeping."

"Just bought several stuffs for our guests," answered Yonghwa while he let go of his shopping bags which take over by Minhyuk right away.

"Our guests? We'll have a guests? Who? Seohyunnie?" asked Minhyuk fast while he furrowed his eyebrows

"No, FTISLAND member-deul," said Yonghwa as he take off his jacket and hanging it to the coat hanger near there.

"Oh? I thought we're going to watch Seohyun new MV?" asked Minhyuk as he walk to the kitchen and put the groceries bags in the nearest kitchen table before he curiously peek inside it to see what is bought by his hyung.

"We are," said Yonghwa half shouting from the living room which makes Minhyuk turn his head to his back as if he could see Yonghwa hyung from the kitchen.

"Did you invited them to watch the MV with us, hyung?" asked Minhyuk with a little bit shock and little bit suspicious. He know his hyung now, like the back of his hand, judging from the bragging he spread about Seohyun self composed song to anyone he knows, Minhyuk can't help to realize how nervous his hyung are for these past week, as if he the one who will be releasing the new MV and album not his yeoshin. He just understood his hyung nervousness when Jonghyun hyung spill the bean and told both him and Jungshin about hyung's self composed song which he gave to Seohyun as birthday present last year and apparently it the same song that her company promote as her self-written song in new SNSD album.

He would never know about hyung who the one composed the song if Jonghyun hyung didn't tell him, because hyung never once brag about it, he just continue told people about Seohyun who now has become lyricist and her debut in this new album. Although it's strange that Yonghwa hyung didn't talk about his composed song nor her company publish any information about hyung being the composer, Minhyuk will pretend not knowing it and will keep his silence. So does Jungshin.

"Yes, thats right," said Yonghwa shouting from the living room, while Minhyuk's eyes realize that hyungs has bought beverages more than enough for all of them. He take out all the cans and start to put it to the fridge so it will be still cool when they decided to drink it. "I order them to come and watch the MV in here."

Minhyuk can't help but to smile with corner of his lips when he heard word "order" comes out from Yonghwa hyung, as if he could done so. Oh, hyung could be strict and tough sometimes, if he need to keep everything in order or to keep everyone discipline, but since all of them have same goal and the same vision, hyung never need to use it much, so he will keep it cool and become easy-going for most of the time.

"And they will come?" asked Minhyuk as he put the last coke can and close the fridge before he turn around and walk to the living room.

"Of course they will," said Yonghwa as he look at Minhyuk with this I-don't-believe-you-even-ask-that kinda look. "I promise them delicious food if they come."

"Ahh, I see," said Minhyuk as he smile widely when he realize that FTISLAND members will come because of food bribery. "So, hyung who will be the chef today?"

"What? Of course not," said Yonghwa again. "Jungshin will. He has upgrade his cooking skill lately, so, I want to give him the opportunity to brag about it."

Minhyuk chuckle and shake his head for his hyung absurdity. "Of course you are."

"Speaking of which," said Yonghwa as he stand up from the couch all of sudden. "I should wake Jungshin now, so he could start cooking." continued hyung before he walk away toward Jungshin's room.

Minhyuk just standing there and watching his hyung's back until it disappear before he take a deep sigh and shake his head.

***

"Hyung, where is Jonghyun?" asked Jonghoon from the couch and realize the disappearance of his dongsaeng which bytheway still in dreamland.

"Still in bed," answered Jungshin before Yonghwa manage to answer him, while he eat some snack and focus his eyes to the television.

"How about you try to wake him up, Jonghoon-ah," said Yonghwa suggest the FTISLAND leader to wake up his dongsaeng. "Jungshin is little bit fed up of being strangle by Jonghyun everytime he try to wake him up."

"Wha...? Strangle?" asked Jonghoon surprise. "He strangle people in his sleep? Why would I want to be strangle?"

"Just try it, will you?" asked Yonghwa as he persuade Jonghoon to stand up and walk to Jonghyun's room.

Yonghwa smile mischieviously when Jonghoon disappear in the corner before his eyes turn to the television.

Several minutes later, Jonghoon come back and look in one piece and said that Jonghyun is already wake up, but, he didn't check whether Jonghyun is get up from the bed or back to sleep since he have to run away from Jonghyun's room because his dongsaeng start attacking him with pillows.

It not long before Jonghyun show himself to the living room and sweep his eyes, as if he count on everyone.

Well, Yonghwa think he indeed count because he suddenly ask about Hongki who has missing from this gathering.

"Hyung is in the middle of hot date with Fuuji Mina noona," said Seunghyun, one of FT ISLAND maknae as he answer Jonghyun's question. "He will probably come home after midnight."

"Or not come home at all," jokes Jaejin as he grins mischiveously which reply with pillow attacks from Jonghoon and Yonghwa. "Hey, I'm joking, okay!" scream him when the attacks keep continue until he apologize.

"Everyone just shut up, okay," shout Yonghwa to everyone as he put the pillow he used to attack Jaejin. "I don't want any voices while I'm listening to my Yeoshin's song."

As soon as he finish saying that, everyone roll their eyes and shake their heads as they try to comprehend the overwhelming love from their oldest labelmate toward the woman he hold so dearly and try not to bent their fingers while listening his cheesy line.

Actually, as the time become nearer, his anticipation become more severe, moreover when he curious about how the song will turn out. He and probably the rest of the world may feel the same way. How could they not, when there no teaser video which always comes out first like a common MV. There even no individual photo of the members this time, except the fact that the new song's title is call "Thinking about You". Or in this case, thought Yonghwa in his mind while he smile proudly. "Thinking about Me."

Yonghwa is so almost desperately impatience about this particular MV. Apart from the fact that this song was composed by him, Yonghwa is more curious about how Seohyun is expressing herself into words which turn into lyrics for the song he created.

"Minhwan-Ah, Seunghyun-Ah, gyeot-e (move)!" order Jonghyun to FT ISLAND maknaes who sit on the sofa between him and Jonghoon. Jonghyun don't need to wait long since both of them get up right away and move to sit on the floor right in front of the television, leave a empty spot on the sofa for him to sit. He sit between Yonghwa and Jonghoon while put his glass on the table in front of him. "How much longer?" asked Jonghyun to him.

"It's should be up by now," said Yonghwa as he grab remote control and switch the television channel to internet and search for the MV until he find it. "Here it is!" said him as he unintentionally shout for excitement.

As soon as Yonghwa shouting, everyone seems in alert and turn their eyes to the television, waiting for Yonghwa to hit the play button and make the video on screen as full as 46" television could. Then, a blank black screen pop up on television, a second later the title song pop up with caligraphy-ish style and of course in color of soft pink and it back to display a blank black screen.

Jagya..., nan... geuri-wo sseo (honey..., I'm... miss you), whispered some voice as it monologue the words.

Yonghwa flinch a little when he heard those voice, it make him move forward toward the television as if he attract to the voice, he almost sure that he will always recognize those voice, the voice of his yeoshin.

Slowly the black screen replace by the white light and next thing he saw is a white curtain being blown by a soft breeze while a dim of sunlight comes through. The beginning of the melody of the song is probably being modified a little but his ears could still recognize the key of the song prefectly and know it really the song he composed. Yonghwa unconciously put his hands together as if he pray while his eyes is solely focus on the television.

When the next screen pop up, Yonghwa see someone who sleep on the white bed and covered by a white blanket. The long brown hair indicate the person whose laying on the bed was a girl, but the moment he realize that she's wearing the plaid blue shirt, he grip both of his hands tightly. Sleeping scene? thought him in shock. Right from the start?

Suddenly the girl wake up and cover her eyes with her white right hand as if the sun which pouring down from the window is hurting her eyes. He almost didn't realize a long intro because his focus is already fix to the try finding out who the girl is and make sure his suspicion.

As the screen switch to the next scene, suddenly the girl already stand in front of the window as she give her back to the camera while her brown long hair is flowing like a waterfall in her back above her plaid shirt while the breeze from outside the window blow her hair slowly. The girl raise her right hand and touch the white curtain which still waving because the breeze before she turn her face to side and give her side profile to the camera.

He widened his eyes when he recognize Seohyun's face, which now smiling to the light as if she give her gratitude to the sun for shining today. He hold his breathe the moment he recognize his yeoshin's face on the screen and caress it with his eyes.

And then the song begin as Seohyun is start to singing.

Verse 1:

The sun is so bright today, it's pouring right through my window. Sing by Seohyun.

Seohyun turn her back and face the camera, as she staring at it while singing. She tilt her head to her left side and let her brown hair drop like a waterfall while she raise her right hand to tuck her hair to her right ear, displaying a small earing, it seems like the earing he gave to her from their fans, but he's not quite sure.

The camera slowly pull away from her and display her entire figure and Yonghwa almost can feel his heart fell down in shock when he notice that she didn't wear anything beside the plaid shirt she's wear which apparently big enough to cover half of her thighs. But then the scene change so quick and the next thing he watch is Taeyeon enter the room with a pastel dress.

What just happen? asked Yonghwa in his head. Naa, I could be wrong, she probably wearing pants with a color, that's way I mistakenly saw her not wearing anything.

I can feel that today is beautiful day, because I'm going to meet you. Sing by Taeyeon.

Taeyeon enter the bed room which seems as same as the room in Seohyun's scene. She walk toward the mirror and grab a bottle of parfume before she spirt a splash of it to her dress and act as if she check on her make up while still singing the song.

The anxious won't leave my heart and it's reflected in my eyes. Sing by Taeyeon.

As soon as she looks satisfied with her make up, Taeyeon grab a soft pink purse and start walk toward the door, she raise her hand and open the door before she disappear into it.

It's been a while since we met and every second is excruciating. Sing by Tiffany.

When he thought that Taeyeon who would come out from the door that she's been through, Tiffany replace her, with the same pastel dress and the same purse as if they were twins. Tiffany stand for a while as she look up and stare at the sky, she raise her hand when she feel that the sunlight has attack her eyes. Not long after that she seems don't care anymore with the sunlight and walk excitedly, away from the house. She singing as she walk happily.

I wonder if you miss me like I miss you. Sing by Tiffany.

All of the sudden, the scene change into the studio and show the nine girls all together as they sit all over the place. The scene was apparently back to the bedroom, as nine of them singing the same lyrics.

 

1st Chorus:

Even if our distance are apart thousands mile. The camera move to capture one by one of the member which happen so quick, but he manage to spot his yeoshin before the scene change again.

but when I close my eyes, I know our hearts is still close. The camera back to capture all of them, his eyes sweep them quickly and found her in no time.

No matter how hard the obstacles. Another scene pop up and display Yuri, Sunny and Soo Young in one frame as they singing passionately to the camera, they staring, glancing and smiling toward the camera as if someone they love is standing in front of them.

I always could face it, because I have you with me. Yonghwa widened his eyes once again when the camera change it scene and capture her in full screen. This time he manage to see that Seohyun is also wearing a pastel dress which maximize her flawless beauty, but he didn't manage to satisfied his eyes further because Yoona is pop up to the screen.

and I always thinking about you.  Yonghwa glance a little bit to the man beside her and realize that Jonghyun is suddenly put all his interest and focus more to the screen, he almost sure that his dongsaeng has his eyes widened a little as soon as he saw Yoona on the screen.

Yoona is beautiful, as always, all the girls are beautiful, no one would deny that fact, although he always have ultimate choice of who is the most beautiful among them. Yonghwa turn his focus back to the screen just in time to watch Yoona let her hair loose and only wear a headband with small pin in the side.

 

Verse 2:

I still remember your smile and your touch, as if you were here with me. Sing by Jessica.

This time, looks like Jessica 's turn. Yonghwa watch as Jessica walk in slow motion in sidewalk, among the trees which cover her from direct sunlight. All of sudden, Jessica stop and cutely running toward the nearest tree and try to hide behind it. She slowly peek from behind the tree as the camera change to capture her from in front.

Even all my friends thought that I'm going crazy. Sing by Jessica.

Scene change again and display a man figure without a face. The camera seems intentionally don't capture the man's face and only focus on the body. As the camera capture him from close range, at the same time, its also capture Jessica which still hiding behind the tree in the background. The camera's focus slowly change back to her and capture her again in the close range as she stand against the tree while holding her chest, as if she try to holding her beating heart before she move from behind the tree.

Maybe I am crazy, I am crazy about you. Sing by Sunny.

As soon as the scene changes, the one who get out from behind the tree is actually become Sunny which now has walk toward the man while she shyly back and forth between walking toward the man and walking away from the man. She seems decide to walking toward the man as she display the determination aegyo to the camera and walk to where the man stand and stop behind him which still oblivious that Sunny is standing behind him.

What should I do when I miss you so much? Sing by Sunny.

Sunny jump in flash and quick hug the man from behind, try to surprise him. The man looks surprise, if judging from how the man's body seems pounding because of the sudden hug but still the camera won't capture his face, instead it focus on Sunny's smiling face as if she enjoy startling the man. And then camera move to the side and let the back of the man covered it's view to Sunny's face.

Because I miss you right now. Sing by Hyoyeon.

As the camera keep moving from the left to the right side behind the man's back and about to capture Sunny again, Hyoyeon is there replacing her. Hyoyeon is let go of the man and grab his hand as she slowly take him to walk with her, away from the camera.

 

Back to 1st chorus:

The scene back to all the nine girls, but the scene now has change into the somekind of park. They wearing a casual clothes which mostly consist of t-shirt and jeans or short jeans or skirt. They look like in the middle of picnic because some of the girl sit down above a mat which spread above the grass, while the some of them sits on the picnic table near it.

She's wearing a blue skirt and casual unsleeve white blouse which screaming elegancy and chic all over her. Seohyun stand in the back beside Taeyeon who sit on the table while all of them singing the song passionately.

 

Verse 3, different melody:

I may still awkward and clumsy when I'm with you. Sing by Sooyoung.

The scene move as this time he see Sooyoung with the man as they both sit face to face on the table in somekind of restaurant which probably set on the studio with some extras which act like other customers. The man sit down as his hand busily touch Sooyoung cheek and try to tuck her hair. As the camera focus on Sooyoung shyly face and her admiring eyes toward the man, it also capture her elbow which slowly move toward a glass of water beside her. As it finally nudging the glass and fall to the table, she manage to act surprise and panic as she try to fix the table and the glass but she got confuse as if she suddenly turn clumsy.

I do feel I'm not showing you what I feel for you. Sing by Yuri.

The camera capture the man's hand which busily clean up Sooyoung's mess, but when it back to capture both of them, Yuri is there replacing Sooyoung. She looks sorry and act as if she the one who accidentally drop the glass. The man waving his hand try to say it's okay without the camera need to capture his face. As the scene change, Yuri and the man are st

Please log in to read the full chapter