Letters

Yongseo Crumbs
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seohyun look up to the building infront of her while the sunlight is pouring at her with its full power. Thank goodness she have time to grab the first jacket and a cap she could find before she go, to cover herself in this heat. Although she realize later that the jacket she's been wearing is belong to Yonghwa which she's borrowed sometimes ago. Seohyun pull down her cap to cover her eyes from the sunlight and also to prevent the curious eyes who might recognize her. She grab her ransel and a huge bag before walking toward the building.

It's daylight and if she look around there's not much activity around the building, only a few people who passed her but they're look busy with themselves and didn't pay too much attention to the girl who walk anonimously among them. But who would recognize her, if she changed her appearance?

Seohyun has put her long hair inside the cap and pull it down until it cover her eyes, with Yonghwa's jacket which bigger than her own size, she's definitely drown herself in it. Seohyun is also wear sneakers purposefully because she more comfortable with it, not to mention Yonghwa's effort just to get 2 identical pairs of this for her and himself so that he can boast about it to his dongsaeng, which mostly ignored by them or simply just decided that their hyung choding is in a mode on.

Seohyun enter the lobby and right away welcomed with cold air from the cooler, the changes from heat to cold makes her stop in her place to let herself cooling down. There's a Guards which also act as Receptionist in the lobby. The Guards is a man in his 40 or more, there's a gray hair among his short cut black hair here and there, but he looks tough, firm and still could handle a few outlaws if he must. As soon as she felt her body is cooling down, Seohyun start to walk and approach the Guard's desk.

Seohyun bow at the Guard as she greet him. She probably looks suspicious with the cap on and a huge bag she's been carrying, so, after she put her bag on the floor, Seohyun take the cap off right away. As soon as she take off her cap, the Guard's face turn softer, he even smile at her.

"Seohyun-ssi," said the Guard as he stand from his sitting position and bow a little to her. "Jal ssing-ngesso-yo (How do you do)? Are you going to visit your parents?"

"Nde (Yes)," answered Seohyun as she take a quick glance to his name tag, make sure that she remember his name correctly. "How are you today, Shin seonsaeng-nim?" asked Seohyun as she smile brightly.

"I'm fine, thank you for asking, Seohyun-ssi," answered Shin Ajusshi, his smile became brighter because Seohyun remember his name. "Do you want me to help you to carry that?"

"No,seonsaeng-nim, I'm okay, I'm going to visit friends in 1st floor before I go home," answered Seohyun as she politely refuse the Guards offer.

"Ah, Go minam-deul (the handsome boys)?" said Shin Ahjusshi as he realize who is Seohyun talk about. "Yonghwa-ssi?"

"Nde, maja-yo, seosaeng-nim (Yes, you're right, sir)," answered Seohyun, as she can't help to blush because the Guard seems know about their relationship.

"But, I think I saw him leaving this morning," said the Guard with confusion.

"Nde, he was. He told me that he have something to do in the studio and will be there for a while," answered Seohyun. "I decided to come here and waiting for him upstairs."

"Hmm, I see," said Shin Ajusshi. "Okay then, Would you wait over there while I make a call, so one of the boys could come and you?"

"No, it's okay, I can go there myself," said Seohyun quick, prevent the Ajusshi to call them. "They probably are resting, I don't want to distrub them."

"Aish, maldo andwae (Aish, it's impossible)," said the Guard quick as refuse Seohyun's explanation stubbornly. "There's no way they won't do anything for a beautiful girl, of course they should help you, that what a man do." continued him as he little bit fiery.

"Geuraesso, anju juse-yo (So, sit down please), while I call for them." said Shin ajusshi again.

"Nde, Algeusimnida (Okay, Sure)," answered Seohyun as she obliged the Guard request with smile in her face. "Kamsahamnida (Thank you)."

Seohyun turn away and walk to the couch which placed there for guests. As soon as she sit, she put her belongings on the floor and can't help to feel relieved to be able release her arms, which start to numb, from the bag heaviness which she carried along the way. Seohyun put the cap into her bag and fix her hair while waiting someone from upstairs to pick her up.

Few minutes later, Seohyun hear "ding" sound of the lift as it reached her floor, she turn her head and saw a tall man walking out from the lift. His long hair has been tied into a bun, he's wearing t-shirt which looks dull but comfort, red short and he wear sandals casually as walk toward her. Seohyun recognized him right away. She get up and grab her belongings in one sweep and waiting the man.

"Jungshin chingoo, Annyeong (Hi)," greet Seohyun as Jungshin come closer.

"Annyeong, Seohyun-Ah," said Jungshin as he yawn widely. "Bwo-e (What's that?)" asked Jungshin as he saw and pointed Seohyun's huge bag with his finger.

"Ransom," answered Seohyun calmly. "I made it with my mom yesterday."

Jungshin furrowed his eyebrows, "If you made it with your mother, why you come from the lobby? Why not go straight to our dorm from your floor?"

"I made it at the dorm, mom came to visit me yesterday." explain Seohyun. "Don't worry, everything are eligible." continue her.

"Assa! (Great!)," shout Jungshin as he grinning widely. "You come in a right time, coz I'm starving."

"Don't you have breakfast this morning?" asked Seohyun.

"No, We all didn't. We rather sleep than crawl out from bed to find a food," answered Jungshin. "I think we all too tired to think about food, even Jonghyun hyung been sleeping for 9 hours and 9 hours without disturbance from him, is a heaven for me." continued Jungshin sound relieved. As the maknae (youngest) in the group, he unofficially nominated to be a servant or in Yonghwa favorite terms "slave", to his hyungs.

"I think it's natural for you to feel tired," said Seohyun with understanding in her face. "but still, 9 hours without eat anything wasn't good. C'mon, let's wake them up and feed them."

"Arasseo," answered Jungshin. He right away take over Seohyun huge "ransom" bag which welcomed with thankful by Seohyun, then he turn his head to the Guard and said, "Seonsaengnim, Kamsahamnida (Sir, Thank you)."

The Guard turn his head and look at Seohyun and Jungshin direction, he wave at them as answer. Seohyun bow to him for the last time and turn away to follow Jungshin to the lift, Jungshin waiting for Seohyun before he push 1st floor button, to their dorm.

"How was the world tour?" asked Seohyun as feel the lift they ride on, has slowly go up.

"It was tiring," answered Jungshin seems like he still in daze. "as usual."

"Fun, of course," replied him again after a while. "as usual."

"Nervous...., nervewrecking....," said Jungshin as he yawn again in between. " as usual."

"And I'm still the backing vocal," said Jungshin as he turn his head to face Seohyun. "as usual."

Seohyun smile as she shake her head. "You must be tired if going to Rome for concert, you summarize into such a words."

Jungshin smirk sweetly, but Seohyun can see his tired eyes. "Did I sound unthankful? Mian.. (Sorry...)."

"Ani, Gwenchana (No, It's okay)," replied Seohyun right away. "I understand that you are tired."

Before Jungshin able to say anything, their lift already makes another "ding" sound and the door is open as they finally arrived at 1st floor. Jungshin adjusted the "ransom" bag in his grisp before start to step out from inside the lift, followed by Seohyun. Jungshin take a left turn before stop in front of their dorm. This dorm which actually apartment with 4 bedroom, is their latest dorm and they've been living here longer than their last dorm. Himself and all other member more than satisfied with their latest dorm, why wouldn't he when he got his own room and the place that he could call as a private.

Jungshin input the dorm password into the machine and after he hear the "click" sound, he grab the knob and open the door. They've been all over the world for this past months, just able to stay for couple hours and then they fly again to another country, so, they don't have time to clean up the dorm, or he is for more precisely, as the maknae of the group who has given noble duty to clean up the dorm.

"I'm sorry if you find it little bit messy," said Jungshin as he take a step to enter the dorm. "We just arrived last night and too tired to clean up the dorm."

"It's okay, I understand," replied Seohyun as she followed Jungshin and enter the dorm.

But she were shock when she enter the living room. It's almost like a hurricane have come to pay a visit to their living room. Black suitcases with various size place here and there all over the place, from it's shape Seohyun recognized several suitcase as the guitar case which spread in the couch, on the floor and one is peeking from beneath other suitcase. With a quick glance she can spot on clothes, jacket, maybe scarf and knitted gloves, but a lot of gift bags which spread all over the place that makes the living room look so full. With domination of blue, Seohyun could also recognize it wrapped in red, black, yellow even pink. Overall, Seohyun almost couldn't find any empty space. 

"You should see Yonghwa hyung's room," said Jungshin as he look understand why Seohyun is in shock. "It's more than this."

"More than this?" asked Seohyun sound surprise. "You mean there's another batch?"

Jungshin nod his head as he smile widely. "I bet not as much as you've got though."

"I'm not received as much as you thought," said Seohyun humble, as she shake her head. "Jonghyun oppa and Minhyukkie still asleep?" asked Seohyun while she looking around to find their glimpse of shadow.

"I don't know," said Jungshin as he walk to the dining table and put the "ransom" bag under it. "I'll check on them."

"Okay," answered Seohyun. "I'll prepare the food so they could eat right away." continued her and grab the "ransom" bag to the kitchen while Jungshin walk away and disappear in the corner, to wake up Jonghyun and Minhyuk.

Few minutes later, Seohyun hear a footstep and it sound like coming toward her. She turn her head and found Minhyuk, her twin brother from another parents, walk accross the living room and come into the dining room. He wear casual t-shirt and jins, and he looks fresh and maybe just come out from bath, different from Jungshin, Seohyun couldn't find a trace of tiredness in his face. Minhyuk smiling at her which she replied with another smile.

"You don't look like just wake up?" asked Seohyun as she put the large plate she found earlier, on the dining table.

"I'm not," answered Minhyuk, as he pull a chair and sit down, facing the kitchen and Seohyun who walk back and forth in between to grab a plates and arrange the cutlery on the table. "I was awake an hour ago, I was reading when Jungshin knock on my door."

Seohyun stop from her actiivity for a while before she said, "If you have awake, why aren't you who come to pick me up instead Jungshin chingoo? He seems want to crawl back to his bed when I saw him earlier."

"Why didn't you call me to pick you up? I didn't even know you came," answered Minhyuk defense himself.

"Didn't you hear the phone ringing when the Guard ajusshi call in?"

"No, I didn't, " answered Minhyuk. "I must be drown to my book, beside, the phone is right outside Jungshin's door, he probably pick it up to make it stop ringing." continued Minhyuk. 

"Is that so?" asked Seohyun, her hand busily place the food into a plates so it more presentable, while her ears listening to Minhyuk explanation. "That's why he looks like just come out from bed."

"Hm, probably," replied Minhyuk. "I thought hyung already give you our dorm password? Why didn't you just go straight to our dorm?"

"I want to," answered Seohyun. "but Shin Ajusshi is asked me to wait in the lobby, he so persistent that I have to wait until one of you come and help me with the bag, that or he himself who going to do it, I don't have a choice, so I wait in the lobby."

"Hmm, why would he do that?" said Minhyuk confused as he grab a vacant plate and help Seohyun to arrange the table.

"Because, he saw Seohyun's bag and he thought that a girl shouldn't be carried such a huge bag," said someone from the living room, Minhyuk and Seohyun turn their head and see Jungshin walk toward their place. "He insist that one of us should come to pick you up and help carried the bag since he think you, what he called again....?, helplessly, fragile, humble young girl."

"Mouragu (What did you say?)" asked Seohyun and Minhyuk at the same time.

"You've heard me," replied Jungshin as he finally arrived near them, stop at the end of the table and sweep his sight to scan the food on the table. "I strongly believe that Shin Seonsaengnim is one of SNSD "Samchon (Uncle)" fan, moreover, I think he is your fan, because he asked me whether I could get your signature for his SNSD latest album."

"Chincha? (Really?)" asked Minhyuk sound disbelieve, because as far as he remember their apartment Guard, with his fierce and tough look, not to mention his straight and obey-the-rules personality, who would think he is SNSD "Samchon" fan.

"He is really my fan?" asked Seohyun as smile widely. "Of course, I would love signed the CD for him. I should've consider to bring him one before this, I'm such a thoughtless person." continue Seohyun sound regretful.

"Gwenchana (It's fine), Seohyun-Ah," said Jungshin as he steal a piece of fry of meat before it disappear into his mouth. "We didn't even know his your fan, it's normal that you didn't realize it too." continue Jungshin as he chewing the food.

"Nde, Gwenchana (Yes, It's okay)," said Minhyuk, agreed with Jungshin, he slapped the maknae hand when he saw Jungshin try to steal another piece from the plate. "Sit down first, will you? so we can eat like civilized people and have a proper meal." said Minhyuk as he nagging to the maknae.

"Algeumsimnida, Hyungnim (Okay, Big Brother)," replied Jungshin as he caress his hand which being slapped by Minhyuk, but the moment Minhyuk turn his glance away from him, he quickly steal another piece of meat before walk to the chair and sit in front of Minhyuk.

"Where Jonghyun oppa?" asked Seohyun when she realized that Jungshin is come alone to the dining room. "I thought you go to wake him up?"

"Wait in 5....," said Jungshin as he raised his 5 fingers which makes Minhyuk and Seohyun confused.

"4...," said him as he bend his thumb.

"3...," again as he bend his index finger.

"2...," he bend again his finger, this time his middle finger.

"I smell food," said someone from Minhyuk back, which makes him and Seohyun turn their head and found Jonghyun who just walking across the living room toward them. "What did you get?" asked Jonghyun as he scratch his head. Jonghyun seems didn't realize about Seohyun presence because he oblivious about his appearance. He wear sleeveless t-shirt which display his muscle arms and gray short which hanging under his waist, he obviously just wake up and judging from how long it takes for him to show up after Jungshin went to awake him, he probably fell asleep again after Jungshin came and he most definitely force himself to move from the bed because he smell food.

"Hyung," said Minhyuk. "Seohyunnie ga wasseo-yo (Seohyun is coming)."

"Huh?" Jonghyun confused, before he raise his head and found Seohyun stand in their kitchen. "O? Seohyun-Ah, was-seo? (Seohyun-Ah, you come?)" asked him after he get over his surprise.

"Nde, Oppa. Wasseo-yo (I'm coming)," answered Seohyun as she bow her head which reply by Jonghyun right away. "Baegopa ningayo, Oppa? (Are you hungry, Oppa?)"

"Nde," replied Jonghyun as he nod his head. "Manhi (A lot)."

"Keureumion (If so)," said Seohyun as she pointed the chair beside Minhyuk. "Please sit down and have some. I heard that you've been sleeping 9 hours without ate, Oppa, Didn't you feel hungry during that time?"

"I did," answered Jonghyun as he take a seat and attack all the food he could see with his chopsticks, as soon as he grab a plate which offered by Seohyun. "but I couldn't make myself move a muscle from the bed, I couldn't even open my eyes because I'm too sleepy." continued him and start to eat with huge mouthful. As much as happy to see that the food she's brought has been eaten with full of appetite, Seohyun still stunned everytime she watched Jonghyun oppa cannibalize his food.

"Hyung, chon chon ni deuse-yo (Hyung, please eat slowly)," said Minhyuk as he also saw how Jonghyun attack his plate. "you'll choke if you eat too fast."

"Maja-yo, Oppa (He's right, Oppa)," said Seohyun as she put a glass of water beside Jonghyun's plate which received with grateful by him. "You don't have to eat hastily, there's plenty of food for all of you."

Jonghyun answered her by nodding his head but he still didn't decrease his pace. Jungshin shake his head as he watching his hyung eating and wondering whether Jonghyun hyung want to hoard a food for a week, then he continue to concetrate to his own plate, meanwhile, Minhyuk has also start to eat without further comment.

See all of them drown to their plate and make sure that they have all their need, silently Seohyun step away from them and walk into living room. She look around as she put her both hands in her hips while she try to decide which spot she want to start cleaning up the place.

In the end, Seohyun choose to tidy up the biggest item in the place such as guitar cases, suitcases and bags. She pile one by one in the corner with tidy stack. She little bit confused how to move the huge suitcase before she realize that there are wheels in bottom of it, so, she push the suitcase to gather along with the other. After there were no suitcases or bags left, she start to grab clothes, sweater, jacket, scarf, knitted glove, everything and folded it into a neat pile.

After finish piling the clothes and put it on the couch, Seohyun look around and realize that the only thing left is bunch of gifts which spread all over the place. Seohyun about to put all of it into one place in the corner of the living room before realize that this gifts might belong to anyone in this dorm and is not like every gifts being named, if she put it altogether, she afraid, the boys won't recognized which gifts from fans are belong to each of them.

"Are all these gifts belong to all of you?" asked Seohyun as she raise her voice so that 3 boys in the dining room are able to hear her. "Would you recognize which one is for whom?"

"Nde?" asked someone, which sound like Minhyuk. "What are you talking about, Seohyun-Ah?" asked him again, Minhyuk little bit shout so that Seohyun could hear him.

"I'm asking about these gifts," said Seohyun again, as she turn her head to dining room direction. A few a moment later, Minhyuk appear from there with confusion in his face while he hold a glass of water in his hand.

"I'm not hear you," said Minhyuk as he take a step closer to her. "What did you say?" continued him, but all of sudden he looks surprise when he found that the living room which previously a mess has turn tidier, clothes has piled up on the couch and only leaving a bunch of gift bags which spread around.

"Seohyun-Ah, did you just cleaned this up?" asked Minhyuk in shock. "Hajima...., igeuneun algedoemyeon, hyung e urineun hwa seunnikka (Please don't, if he found out, Hyung will angry at us)," continued Minhyuk, little bit look horrified.

Before Seohyun could answered him, Minhyuk already turn around and walk back to dining room. He probably told the others what just happen, because few seconds later, both Jonghyun and Jungshin has followed him to the living room.

"Ya, Seohyun-Ah, Bwoya neungoya (What did you do?)" asked Jungshin as he look around with the same look as Minhyuk earlier. "I'm about to clean it up myself."

"Gwenchana (It's okay)," answered Seohyun. "I want to do it, I know how tired you all are, I just wanna help so that you all can have more rest." continued Seohyun calmly.

"But you know how hyung feeling about this, don't you?" asked Jonghyun, look disapproved to her, followed by Jungshin and Minhyuk whose nod their head as agreement to their hyung. "We very thankful that you helped but I guess hyung was right, I don't want this to be a habit, it suppose to be their duties and me to clean this up and if you always do this, it might cause these boys neglected their duties in the future. Please don't do this anymore, Seohyun-ah." continued Jonghyun as he give a reason to Seohyun.

"Oppa, I know how Yonghwa oppa feeling about me about helping you, I do understand his reason, but I know that he just being considerate for me and I appreciate that," said Seohyun with understanding in her face. "but, I hope you will understand why I want to do this. Me and Yong oppa have been in separate ways all the time and barely have time together. Eventhough we keep in touch now and then, I myself feel that I don't give enough to him if compare to how much time, sacrifice and effort he has gave to me. With my stiff personality, I don't think I could always show him how I feel, with doing all of this, I feel that I'm able to show my affection through all of you, because I know how much he care about you, Minhyukkie and Jungshin Chingoo." continued her with her logical yet touching reason which left the boys speechless.

"Oppa," said Seohyun again as she approach Jonghyun and reach his hand. "Please let me do this, so I can comfort myself everytime I feel I didn't give enough to Yong oppa. I know that I should have show him more how I feel directly, but I'm not always could, that's why, this is my resolution," continued Seohyun slowly but Jonghyun can feel her determination.

"Beside, Jungshin chingoo and Minhyukkie won't turn into someone who neglected their duties, Oppa. You know yourself how exactly they are, right?" said Seohyun as she pointed his dongsaeng with her clear eyes before get back to look at him right in the eyes. Jonghyun turn his head to look at both of his dongsaeng which look back at him with helpless smile in their faces, as if they didn't know what to say after Seohyun explanation.

Jonghyun scratch his head as he confused whether to obey his hyung order or fulfill the wish of his hyung goddess, neither of both option is easy for him. In the end he take a deep sigh before say, "Arrasseo (Okay), I think, all of us somehow don't have much choice if you give us such explanation. I don't want to be the one who's obstruct your resolution but I don't want to be someone who disobey his hyung's order, so, as long as you and these boys don't say anything, I'll be cool."

"Really, Oppa?" said Seohyun as she smile widely at Jonghyun, she unconciously gribbed Jonghyun hands tightly, which she let go right away after Jonghyun scream while she apologize for gripping too hard. Then, she look at both Minhyuk and Jungshin to ask with her eyes, whether they also agree with this arrangement, which agreed by both of them helplessly, again. Somehow, although they both are same age with Seohyun, they feel that Seohyun have more strong will than them, in a such good way.

"Okay, then," said Jonghyun. "Let's help Seohyun to clean up the rest. Jungshin-Ah, go to the kitchen and wash the dishes, don't forget to clean up the table while you there. Minhyukkie, you and I will tidy up this place until it's spotless," order Jonghyun as he split duties among them which answered with silent and nodding. Jungshin turn away and start to walk back to the dining room to pick up the dirty dishes.

"How about this gift bags?" asked Seohyun, remember her question earlier. "I was about to put it altogether, but afraid I'll mess the gifts for whom with whom."

"I think the only way to found out is open it one by one, since I don't remember which one is mine," said Jonghyun as he turn to see Minhyuk.

"I don't remember neither," said Minhyuk answering Jonghyun unspoken question.

"Well," said Seohyun with disappointed in her face. "I think I couldn't help you if you about to open the gifts one by one, I don't think is appropriate for me. So, I guess I'm just going to help Jungshin chingoo in the kitchen then."

"Arraseo, Seohyun-ah," said Jonghyun as he nod his head. Although he's little bit don't understand why she should feel its inappropriate for her to open their gifts from fans, is not like the fans will know about it, because all member are open each other gifts sometimes, but Jonghyun will honor Seohyun's preference and didn't say anything.

Then, Seohyun left them to clean up the living room and she herself go to help Jungshin in the kitchen.

"Hmm, let's deal with the suitcases first and the clothes," said Jonghyun as he pointed the suitcases which pile in the corner and the clothes which folded on the couch. "Minhyuk-ah, you handle your and Jungshin suitcases and I will handle my own and hyung's."

Few minutes later, Jonghyun and Minhyuk has busi

Please log in to read the full chapter