Hard Not To Notice.

BitterSweet Love.

Location :Hyosung's House.

Day/Date : Monday 0800hrs

(Third Floor)

Hanbyul looked on at Jonghun banging on Hyosung's bedroom door. It was surprising to see that after more than five minutes of banging, there was still no respond from her. 

"Ais..my hand is already feeling numb!" Jonghun stopped and looked at his hand for a few seconds before he continued with the knocking again. "YAA..JEON HYOSUNG, AREN'T YOU GOING TO WAKE UP?!"

"Let me take over," Hanbyul offered. "Is her room soundproof?" he asked, still in disbelief that she could still sleep with all that noise Jonghun had made.

"Not her room but her ears~" he replied and they both chuckled.

Clenched his fist and was prepared to really knock the door but his fist landed on his chest instead. He was in shock. The door did open but it wasn't the girl he saw the other day that answered the door.

She could barely opened her eyes. Her face felt stiff because of the mud pack she had put on before  going to sleep. Hyosung was still half asleep and too sleepy to be concern with who was standing infront of her.

Jonghun started laughing and shaking his head. 

Rubbed his chest and heaved a sigh of relief to have his heart beating again; it stopped when he saw her opening the door looking like that.

"I know that laugh.." Shut her eyes tightly and opened it again, a little wider this time. "Owh.." Looked at Hanbyul and then to Jonghun. Touched her head and her shower cap was still on. Touched her face and silently cry to herself. Helplessly stood at the doorway.

"Let's go for breakfast," Hanbyul said and tried his best not to laugh. Tightened the clenching of his jaws and made his eyes looked somewhere else.

Hyosung could see how hard he was trying. Then turned to scowl at Jonghun who was still laughing at her.

Hold his stomach and in between his laugh, "Go and wash up urh or maybe you want to go out like that?"

Before, she had successfully taken every precaution to not look like this when Jonghun stayed in her house but she had forgotten about Hanbyul staying in her house now. Rolled her eyes at Jonghun and took a gander at Hnabyul. One leg stepped out and she punched Hanbyul's chest playfully. "Just laugh urh.." she tried to say those words clearly with slightly opened. Pouted and "Hmmph!" went back inside her room and slammed the door. Walked to the mirror and slouched her way to the washroom.

Location : Roadside stall.

Time : 0900

Hyosung dazily stared at her bowl of porridge. The cold shower she had was not enough to wake up her brain completely. Instead of mixing the add-ons into the porridge, she started scooping the porridge that was still sizzling hot.

Jonghun stopped her from putting the porridge inside . "Yaa, you're going to put the hot porridge inside your mouth?" Took the spoon away from her. Put in all the extra add ons into the bowl, exactly like how she used to eat. He knew Hyosung was never a morning person. While stirring, Jonghun looked at Hanbyul who was smiling. "Why are you smiling?"

He thought they looked sweet together. "How long have the two of you been friends?"

Hyosung rests her head on the table. "Too long~" answered while trying to stop yawning.

"Erm if you count by years, it will be our fifth year," Jonghun answered. Brought her bowl to his side and blew lightly at it for a few times.

"And it stays platonic all the time?" Hanbyul asked. He was curious. Never had a long close friendship with a girl before.

Hearing that question, Hyosung sat up straight, took her bowl from Jonghun and avoided eye contacts with the two guys.

Jonghun smiled faintly before he nodded his head to Hanbyul. "Yes. Like how they always say BFF, well she is my BFF~" His smile disappeared. Continued eating his breakfast. 

Turned her head away after she shoved a spoonful of hot porridge into . "Yeah BFF.." she didn't care about her burnt tongue, the ache in her heart felt worse.

"Did I just ask a sensitive question?" The reaction he saw from both of them made him doubted Jonghun's words. Subtly shrugged his shoulders and stopped himself from minding their business. 

Jonghun's handphone rang and he excused himself.

"Hey," poked his finger at the back of her palm to make her turned her head. "Does the mask really help?" he asked when their eyes met.

"Why? You want to try it?" moved her face closer to Hanbyul for him to have a better look at the skin, "See it for yourself if it's good or not~" Had to act normal although everything inside her were still so depressed.

He moved even closer and looked at her skin closely. "She does have good skin." "Can you get for me some of those?" he whispered. After she nodded, he quickly added, "But please don't walk around the house at night with those thing on your face. My heart will not be able to take it."

"Are you that weak?" she asked in whispering tone. 

"What are the two of you doing?" Jonghun asked and sat down. It was surprising to see both their heads so close to one another. It had only been two days since they met and he didn't expect to see this. 

Hyosung moved away. "Nothing, he's just asking me something."

"I'm not that weak physically but my heart is."

"Heart?" Jonghun observed the two of them. "Why are they talking about heart?" Then he saw them smiling at one another. It was pretty much frustrating not to have them share with him what they had been whispering about. 

"So, what do I have to expect on a first day at work?" Hanbyul asked after he gulped down his drink.

"Nothing much. They will go through with you some stuffs and you'll be signing a few documents. After that, maybe you can go back and then they will call you in once they have set the training date for you," Jonghun answered. He was still a little bothered with the two of them.

"I can go back.." Hanbyul's face brightened. "Hey Hyosung, you don't have anything plan for today?"

"Why?"

"I need you as my tour guide, up for it?" Hanbyul asked. Smiled at her sweetly.

Jonghun looked at Hyosung. He knew what her answer would be.

She would rather go back and sleep for a little bit more but with his face like that. Showed Hanbyul four fingers, "Just for four hours urh."

"Deal. That's good enough." Smiling from ear to ear. He actually wanted to ask either one of them to bring him out yesterday but he ended up sleeping the whole day.

His brows furrowed. He didn't want to feel bad or anything but he did. Before, when they were friends, he would have to plead and even used food as bait to get her out. "She's just doing him a favor. Why am I suddenly being so sensitive?" Buried his bothered thoughts before it gets out of control. "Let's hurry up, we have just an hour to report to the agency."

Location : Model Inc.

Time: 0945hrs.

(Lobby)

It was her first time here eventhough she knew the owner of this agency who happened to be her childhood friend. She got to know his dream of being a supermodel and had approached her friend for some help to get him started in this field. She didn't know why Jonghun did a degree for business management which conflicted to what he wanted to be, but she wanted to help him pursue his ambition. However, in order not to hurt his pride, she kept her relation with the owner a secret from him. "Oooohh~" her eyes caught sight of a few guys walking in. From slouching, she sets her shoulder straight and tried to look less obvious of her being awestruck by their good looking faces. 

(CEO's Office)

"I'm so sorry about the accomadation issue. We'll try to resolve it as soon as possible."

Hanbyul sat comfortably on the sofa. "Gna ssi it's okay. I'm settling just fine in that house and it's all thanks to Jonghun."

Gna tapped Jonghun's lap. "I know I can count on you."

"Just doing what I'm told to do," Jonghun replied. It was easy following orders from a boss to whom he was so grateful to. Besides, he still have a long way to go to get what he wanted and being extra nice to an important people like Gna could help him shorten that journey a bit.

Hanbyul looked on at the two of them exchanging smiles. Hating his senses today. "Stop assuming! Since when did I become this nosy?!" "So, Jonghun mentions that there are some documents I need to sign, where is it?" he asked to let them know that he was in the room with them. Fixed his eyes on what Gna had layout on the table. 

(Lobby)

"When is he going to be done?" As much as she wanted to keep calm while seeing models going in and out of this place, her full bladder was crying out for help. She tried to look for a washroom sign but there was none. The counter was empty too. Following her instinct, she let her feet lead the way. 

(CEO's Office)

"I just got these done yesterday. Pretty isn't it?" 

Jonghun looked at the different design of the nail polish on each nails. Touched it in amazement of how beautiful those designs were. "Pretty~ As pretty as the owner of this fingers."

"Oh," He was getting curious of what they were talking about. Hanbyul didn't want to but his eyes took a gander at what they were doing before his brain could pass any command. Seeing them being too cosy was disturbing. Quickly do what was instructed of him.

"Before I forget, there are some clients I need to introduce to you. After lunch, I'll wait for you at the entrance okay?"

He was hoping that he would be free today so he could chaffeur Hanbyul around together with Hyosung. "Okay," he answered halfheartedly. "It's been awhile since I last bring her out." 

"And what's this?"

Hanbyul looked up and saw Gna touching Jonghun's lips.

"It's too dry."

"It is?" Jonghun tried to touch to feel his own lips while Gna went to her table.

It was weird to see an employer to act touchy touchy with an employee. "Are they-" his eyes saw something else. There in a corner, he saw Hyosung looking in. He wanted to wave at her but it was not to him that she was looking at. His eyes went back and forth to Jonghun and Hyosung until Gna came back. 

"I'll do it, " Jonghun tried to take the lip balm from her but she ignored him.

When Gna applied those on Jonghun's lips, Hanbyul quickly looked at Hyosung. "Something is going on here." It was pretty much obvious that Hyosung was looking unhappy. Felt the rush to get it done and signed the last paper but Hyosung seemed to vanish. "Where is she? Did she left?"

(Washroom)

Went in again to find some quiet place. Many negative thoughts filled her brain until it hurts to breathe. She knew she had promised him that she will stop her feelings for him and to think of him as just a close friend but it just hurt so much. "Yaa, don't make a fool of yourself okay? You agreed to still be friends with him and all these things are bound to happen. Gna unnie looks more suitable for him." She suppressed the urges to cry by trying to smile happily. "I'm only his friend. His BFF, nothing more so don't be too emotional." Clenched both her fist and took a deep breath, "I'm okay." Smiled widely as she looked at her own reflection. "I'm really okay!"

(Lobby)

Too caught in trying to find for her, Hanbyul walked out of the office without saying any words to them. He was worried that Hyosung might had left the building.

Jonghun chased after him. "Jason wait," stopped right next to Hanbyul. He couldn't believe that Hanbyul would dare to do that infront of Gna. "What's up?" he asked when he saw Hanbyul looking around the lobby.

Hanbyul sighed. "Hyosung. You see her?"

"Ah Hyosung!" He too, started to look around. "I'll give her a call."

"Anything wrong?" Gna asked but none answered her. "Jason, in one or two days time, you'll need to come for training. If you manage to get a local number, informed us so we could call you up and if not, I think I'll send Jonghun to pick you up. Will that be okay for you?"

Nodding his head but his eyes were pretty occupied at the moment. He stopped searching when he saw her. "There she is~"

Hyosung scurried over to where Hanbyul was. "Sorry, I went to the washroom." Turned to face Gna and bowed.

Jonghun ended his call. "Why didn't you answer your phone?" he asked.

Smiled at him with her tongue in between her teeth. "I forgot to bring it~ Sorry." She was actually feeling more apologetic towards him for failing to diminish her one sided love towards him.

It was astonishing to see no traces of unhappiness on her face like what he had saw just now. So astonished that his eyes were riveted on her.

There were so much things he wanted to say but Jonghun refrained himself. "Gna ssi, I'm going to send them but I'll be back after lunch."

"No, it's okay. I can show him around. You don't have to trouble yourself," Hyosung quickly said it. Immediately slided her hand in between the crook of his arm. "You'll be okay with just me bringing you around right?" she asked. She was desperate to leave here without Jonghun.

Hanbyul smiled. Now he saw what she was doing. Looked at Jonghun, "I know she'll take good care of me so don't worry bro." Bowed at Gna, "I'll see you again Gna ssi." Then to Hyosung, "Let's go. There are some few places my mother always talk about..." started walking and bringing her away from Jonghun.

He was speechless. Felt like she was walking out on him. Never experienced this with her and he had never did that to her. "She is excluding me so she could spend time with him alone??"

"They look close." Kept her promise to Hyosung in not disclosing their relation.

"They do, don't they..." he mumbled and stopped looking at them. "Where are we heading to later?" he asked but instead of listening to the answer, he was just so bugged with what just happened.

(Outside)

Hyosung reversed her steps, dragging Hanbyul along. She managed to see the back of Jonghun walking side by side with Gna. "Even their back looks compatible~" Another wave of bitterness engulfed her. "Is he dating her?" she mumbled sourly.

"Maybe yes and maybe no. I'm not sure," Hanbyul mumbled his answer as he too had joined her in looking through the glassdoor.

Hyosung froze. Too caught up with Jonghun made her forgetting about Hanbyul. Slowly turned her head.

"You look surprise to see me," he remarked. It was clear that she was shocked to realise that he was with her.

"Augh..just what's wrong with me urh? I keep on getting myself caught for doing weird things." Tried to smile with ease. "I can explain this." Withdrew her hand from him and stood up straight immediately. Hyosung needs to find a good explaination before he suspects anything.

With a smile, he replied, "You don't owe me an explaination." Hanbyul started walking away from her.

"No..if he didn't ask, he will start assuming and how am I going to face him for the next few weeks?" She started chasing after him. "Hanbyul ssi, I think it's best I tell you why I di-"

"Let's just stay indoor for today urh," pointed to the sun, "Looking at that..it's going to be quite hot later wouldn't it."

Hyosung scrunched her eyes to look at the sun. "I-I think so."

"Is there any supermarket nearby? We should really buy some stuffs. The last time I see your fridge, it only has one or two thing in it." Looked at Hyosung, "I love to eat and I need snacks. We should buy a whole lot of food since your house is pretty much far away from the nearest shop."

"Yeah we should and maybe get a few erm.."paused for a while before she continued, "You like beer?" Had an urge to drink in her room later. 

He nodded and smiled. "But do they sell Austalian beers? I'm already missing my aus..." eventually stopped talking when she quickened her pace and left him behind.

Location :Hyosung's House

Time :1200hrs.

(Kitchen)

Hanbyul looked on as Hyosung kneeled infront of the fridge to put whatever they had bought. He didn't expect her to buy so much beer but it was those green bottles that caught his attention. Squatted next to her, "What are these?" 

"Ah...these are my medicine~" she replied and continued to put everything in the fridge as quickly as she could. She couldn't wait for it to chill so she could drink it and go to sleep without making herself thinking of anything.

"They sell medicine in supermarket?" he sounds surprised. 

Hyosung snorted. "You really don't know much about South Korea don't you?"

Hanbyul nodded. "Never been out of Australia. So these green bottles are medicine?"

"Yeah medicine for my aching heart~" Smiled at him with both her brows raised and nodding. 

Time :1330hrs.

The sound of glass breaking, made him rushed down the stairs. Hanbyul stood still as he stared at Hyosung's back. There were a few of those green bottles all over the floor. "Hyosu-" stopped when she turned around with a flushed frowning face.

She had actually wanted to bring some of the bottles of soju up to her room but decided to take a sip which led to a glass then to a bottle and then a few. Waved at Hanbyul. "You're hereee," she slurred.

"Is she drunk? I thought those are her medicine?? Was I fooled by her??" Took a few steps towards her and saw what was infront of her. "Hey, you have some broken glass on the floor so stay still.." 

"Ssssssstop!" 

"You're telling me to stop?" Froze in the midst of trying to get to her before she steps on the shattered glass.

Shook her head and tried to smile with a sad expression on her face. Hyosung tried to hold it in but she started slapping her chest so suddenly and rambled, "Me! Me! Me! I'm telling meee to ssstop!" She thought drinking would make her feeling okay just like those time when she drank alone. "I'm tired urh. My head feels like it will explode and my heart is turning to dust. Why are you doing this to me?" asked the question which was meant for another person to a clueless Hanbyul. "I've tried. Reeeallly tried!!" dropped on her knees and her head hang down.

Hanbyul literary flew to her, afraid that her knees might had landed on the glasses but he ended up getting one pierced in his sole. He ignored the stinging pain and was more focused to get her out of the hazardous kitchen. "Stand up," grabbed her hand and wanted to bring her to her feet when she lifted up her face and looked straight into his eyes. Then he heard those soft sobs and tears rolling down her cheeks. It was the exact expression he saw on someone from his past. "Get up Hyosung. Let's go sit on the sofa okay?" He hoped his voice would make her realise who he was and stopped her from rambling more than she should. Took both her hands and pulled her up. She did get up but he was not prepared to have her wrapped her hands around him and buried her face in his chest.

"Sorry. I'm so sorry for everything. I let myself fall for you. I let you down didn't I? Jonghun ah, sorry urh," blabbering on drunkardly all the words she had been wanting to say it to him.

When he realised about her one sided love, Hanbyul put his hands around her. Now he was able to put all the pieces together but he don't really know how to comfort someone. Spontaneously started to pat her back lightly and rest his chin on top of her head. "Hey, it's okay. Stop apologising. It's not your fault."The sobbing sound made his heart sank.

"I want it to stop~ Tell me how to make it stop.." in between her sobs.

Another hand gently the back of her head. Felt sympathetic towards her as soon as he became aware of how hard it must have been for her. "Sssshh..don't cry okay? It will get better in time," used the exact words his mother would use to him.

She was high but the patting she received on her back and the constant at the back of her head comforted her and calm down her restless mind. It felt good to let out whatever she had wanted to say but most important of all, it was the soothing voice saying those words that put her aching heart at ease.

                                dividers