Friends.

BitterSweet Love.

Location : Hyosung's House
day/ time : Saturday 1100hrs

Hyosung stared at the graduation picture she had taken with Jonghun. She reminisced those days when they were in university. Since she was the only girl in the course who was born in 1989 while the rest were mostly in the 90s, it was hard for her to make friends with anyone. She ended up talking to Jonghun when they paired up for an assignment. Their friendship started off casual but as time went by, they seemed to be stuck to each other. Tapped her finger on the screen where her face was, "Why do you always screw things up urh?" She blamed her bold attitude which had single handedly ruined their friendship. A year ago, on this faithful date, she had told him about how she liked him more than just a friend and was embarrassed to know that it wasn't mutual. Although he acted like nothing happened the next day, although she agreed to continue with their friendship as normal, Hyosung couldn't prevent herself from feeling awkward and abashed. Her finger slided over to Jonghun's face, "Our friendship just don't feel the same now as it did before righ-" the sound of the doorbell halted her silent rambling. Looked at the monitor in her room and saw his face. "Oh! why today?? Just go away urh!"

(At the front door)

"You'll love the house~" Jonghun still trying to convince his colleague who had just came from overseas. "You'll be surprise to see how big it is," continued talking and repeatingly pressing the doorbell. "Ais...where is she? I'm sure she's at home.." Jonghun went to the window and tried to see any movement in the house.

Hanbyul looked at the surrounding and instantly like it. The house reminded him of his home in Australia. "This place feels like home." Remembering the home he had left in Australia which was quite similiar and secluded like this. "Whose house is this?"

Stopped pestering the bell and replied, "My friend. A kind hearted friend of mine."

Hanbyul was still checking out the place. "A friend? Only one person living in this house?" He wouldn't want to live here alone. "It looks peaceful during the day but I'm sure it's pretty eerie at night."

"Only one. The place is to big for one person so I'm doing this friend a favor~" Brought back his attention to why was she taking such a long time to open the door. "Yah! Why are you taking so long???!" shouted and walked to the middle of the yard where he could get a clear sight of her bedroom window. Jonghun knew she would be at home since she would be busy taking care of her online business. "OI! Are you there?!" he yelled and shortly after, something flew out of the window and landed on his face.

Hanbyul was startled. He started to wonder what kind of friend does Jonghun have. "Is it safe for me to stay here??"

"YASH!" Grabbed to the small teddy on the ground. Ever since that incident a year ago, Hyosung was definitely a little more violent towards him. Jonghun didn't mind it all and would retaliate back at her. "Aren't you going to open the door?!" Then he saw her taking a peek at the window. He hadn't seen her for months now since he was busy with work and now, besides the reason of wanting to ask her to let Hanbyul stay here for awhile, he actually wanted to meet up with her."It's hot out here, can you please open the door?" 

(Inside the house)

Took her time to go down the stairs. It's not because she don't like to see him but of all days, she didn't want to see him on this date. Looking at him today will add more burden to her already burdened heart.

(At the front door)

Hanbyul leaned his back against the door as he kept watching Jonghun's failed attempt to throw the teddy bear to the window back to where it was thrown before. He wanted to tell Jonghun to stop and maybe he should just stay in a hotel until the agency can get a place for him but he heard the clicking sound of the door. Seconds later, he found himself falling back. His back landed on the floor. Turned back and saw a girl standing in front of him. A little stunned to see a girl instead of a guy. Waved his hand briefly at her.

Hyosung looked down with furrowed brows. "Who are you?"

He wanted to introduce himself but stopped when Jonghun appeared.

Threw back the teddy bear to Hyosung. "What took you so long to open the door? You know how hot it is? I hate sweating  when I'm wearing my favorite shirt. Lend me your bathroom for me to shower later urh."

"Go back to your own house and shower urh," Hyosung rebutted. "You can always press the bell once, why must you keep pressing it? You know how irritating it is?"

"I wouldn't be pressing it many times if you open the door quickly. What are you doing anyway? Surfing or watching videos..naughty videos~" Jonghun chuckled and had the teddy bear landed on his face again.

He was still lying down on the floor as he looked at the two of them. It seemed like he was invisible. "Excu-" stopped when the two of them started to bicker again. "So much for a kind hearted friend~ They're fighting the moment they meet." Jonghun's description of his friend felt like a lie when he saw the two of them argue. "Hello?" he interrupted them.

Jonghun looked down. "What are you doing down there?" Extended his hand to Hanbyul.

Reached for that hand and got on his feet. "I kind of fall when she open the door."

Well she did pull the door quickly. "Sorry," Hyosung apologised. She never had Jonghun bringing anyone to her home before and it made her a little surprised.

"No it's not your fault, I was leaning an-"

Put his arm across Hanbyul's shoulders and interrupted, "It's her fault. My friend here, she likes to do things aggressively~ Let's go and sit urh" dragged Hanbyul along with him to the sofa.

She looked at the two guys' back. "Why did he bring his friend here anyway? Is this his house? He should tell me beforehand right?"  Suddenly overwhelmed with suspicions. 

Hanbyul took the chance to look at the interior of the house as he walked with Jonghun.

Sniffed at his shirt and made a face of disgust. "I'm so sticky right now. Where's my towel? I need to wash up now and I do have some t-shirt left in this house right? Can you get them for me? Please?"

Eyeballed him with both her brows raised. "What makes he think that I will still be keeping his things?" Shook her head at him. "I've burnt everything."

Jonghun was just about to walk to the bathroom but when she said that, he reserved his steps and headed to the stairs instead. "I've known you too well to know whether or not you're lying~" Ran up the staircase to go to the room he had once stayed in before.

"Yaa..yaa..Where do you think you're going!?" Hyosung shouted. She wanted to chase after him but she didn't want to treat Hanbyul like he was invisible for a second time. "You can help youself with the drinks in the fridge. Sorry but I have to go and.."

"Go ahead, I'll be fine," Hanbyul cut in to let her do whatever she wanted to do. He saw the way she ran up the stairs and calling out to Jonghun. "They're grown up but squabble like kids?"

(Second floor)

She reached the room and stood at the doorway. If she didn't do what she did, this room would probably still have an occupant. It had been awhile since she came here. Pushed the ajared door and saw Jonghun opening the cupboard. Stayed at the doorway and leaning against the doorframe. "So..why the sudden visit?"

"Look, my clothes are still in here. Why did you lie to me saying that you've burnt it?" Changing the topic stalling to summon his courage to tell her his intention. 

Getting more and more supicious. "Choi Jonghun, why aren't you answering me urh?" Folded her arms across her chest and waited for him to answer. She couldn't shake off the feeling that he was going to say something she wouldn't like.

Grabbed a shirt and turned to her. "Hyosung ah, I may need your help," Jonghun paused to inhaled as much oxyen as he could and added, "You know how small my apartment is right with one bedroom and one washroom so it will be very inconvenient to have two people living in that house but Hanbyul, he just came to Korea and my agency has yet to find a place for him to stay so I'm hoping that.." his voice trailed off when he saw her shaking her head. Clasped his hands together and pleaded, "Please urh. Just one month or maybe less. He has nobody here that he can stay with."

Her jaws subtly dropped. "You want me to let him stay here? Are you crazy? And why are you doing all these? Shouldn't it be the people who runs the agency to worry about their models' accomodation?"

"I've been told to help him. Listen, although I don't know him that well, he looks like someone who won't plunge himself on just any girls he sees. I've met him yesterday and up till now, he shows no signs of him being a bad guy. Trust me, I'm a guy and I'm pretty good in judging other guys' character," Jonghun tried to be persistent but it looked like she was not going to change her mind. "Yah, you remember what day is today?" he asked. He didn't mean to bring it up.

Her hands dropped to her sides. "What are you saying?" 

"Just say yes and I will stop talking urh. Or maybe you want me to relive those things that hap-" a palm over his mouth, preventing him from continuing. 

Scrunched up her eyes at him. "You're mean."

Grasped her hand to move the palm away from his mouth. "I am? But that didn't stop you from falling in love with me right?" 

Her eyes opened wide. This was the first ever she had heard him talking like that to her. "I should have just end it all with you if I know you're going to be like this.."

"You couldn't and it's the same for me too.." he paused for awhile to rethink what he had just blabbered to her. "Look, it's just a temporary thing. Can't you do this as a favor to me? I will ask him to leave as soon as he has somewhere to go to," Jonghun knew it was time to change the flow of the conversation before he blabbered more unnecessary thing to his friend.

Hyosung was speechless. She couldn't decide what to do. From one view, she don't like to be living with a stranger in the house and from another view, she couldn't say no to Jonghun.

"What? You scared that you might fall for him too? Oi, a girl shouldn't fall so easily you know~" Jonghun asked, intended to but it was clear she took it seriously when she charged to him and started slapping his arm. "AW! AWWW!" he groaned when the slapping didn't stop. Stepped back from her and rubbing his arm. "YASH! Must you do it on the same spot?!" 

 His word anguished her. It was hard enough for her to go through her life, pretending to be okay with everything and hearing that from him made her snapped. "You deserve it. If you're going to bring that up then we might just as well.."

"Stop it urh.." he had to cut in to stop her from saying it. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to bring up the past. It is wrong of me to do that but can't you please just help me out? Please Hyosung ah, I've promised him that I will help him. You won't want the whole agency to be disappointed with me right? And if you don't help me, who else will? You're the only friend I have..the clooooosest friend whom I really really-" had to stop again when she threw the shirt that he had dropped, straight at his face. By the time he put the shirt away she was out of sight. Jonghun went to the door and saw her walking away. Even without him hearing the answer, he kind of knew she had gave in to him. "Thank you chinguya.." a grateful smile formed on his face as he watched on until she was completely out of sight.

(First Floor)

Hyosung saw Hanbyul still remained seated on the sofa. She noticed there was nothing on the table. Walked slowly towards him and clearing loudly, hoping he would turn to look at her but he didn't. When she neared him, she saw both his eyes were closed and his ears were stuffed with the earphone. "Is he sleeping?" Bent over a little to look at him. Might be the effect of hibernating too long in her house, she seemed unable to look away. "He looks Korean alright but what's with the accent?" Tried to look for any trace that he might be a mixed blood.

He was resting his eyes and immersing himself to the music he was listening to. When his number one song started playing, he smiled widely from ear to ear.

"Oh, he's smiling.." Hyosung wanted to move when she saw movement on his face but something on his face stopped her. There was a dimple on his left cheek which made his face looked so sweet and she couldn't resist to smile back.

Smelt a scent and sensed someone was standing infront of him. Opened his eyes slowly and was stunned to see how close her face . Stared at her blankly and not knowing how he should react or say. 

When his dimple disappeared, she looked up and saw his eyes fixed on her. Now that she had been caught, Hyosung desperately trying to think of something to get herself out of it without him having any negative thoughts of her. She waved her palm first then came a nervous smile, followed by a soft titter.

He waved back. "Hi?." Took away the earphones.

"Hey.." tittered again and moved backwards slowly until her feet hit the leg of the other sofa. Put her on the sofa and still struggling to figure out what she should do. "You're Jonghun's friend?" she asked. 

"More like a future colleague. I've just came from Australia. Erm,I'm Hanbyul by the way. Jonghun didn't introduce us so..." hoping that Hyosung would tell him her name but she seemed to be showing much discomfort. "What's your name?" made the first move in trying to make her feel at ease.

"Hyosung," she replied quickly and fall back into silence.

"Ah, Hyosung..You've been friends with Jonghun for a long time?" asked again to make the conversation going.

Wrinkled her nose and she answered, "Too long..I'm hoping it will end soon~"

A chuckle escaped his mouth. "Oh, why?"

"I heard that~" Jonghun said, didn't want to hear Hyosung replying to that. Walked down the stairs and added, "You'll be at the losing end if you ever ditch me~"

Hyosung whose back was facing Jonghun, made a funny face and mouthed the words that Jonghun had said.

He couldn't prevent himself from chuckling at how adorable Hyosung was. 

Jonghun saw Hanbyul laughing and he suspected that Hyosung was doing something with her face. Quickly went over and sat on the armrest of Hyosung's armchair. "It's okay to make faces when you're young but once you hit the mid 20s, you should start learning to grow up and act like a grown up..am I right Jason?"

Hyosung looked at Hanbyul. "Age is just numbers. Maturity comes with personality. A person who always praise himself is so immature~ Don't you agree Hanbyul ssi?"

Suddenly being caught in the middle. Looked at both of their faces. "I-I...I think I have to agree with Hyosung," he decided to choose her side.

Stood up and looked unhappy. "Already choosing her side? Don't have to be so nice to her~"

"YAH!" she yelled and saw she had just startled Hanbyul. Looked up at Jonghun. "Didn't you say you're going to have your shower? What are you waiting for urh? You know how bad you smell right now?" 

"I don't have BO.." Brought his arm to her nose.

She moved her face away but he kept bringing his arm close to her. Pushed it away but he continued to do the same thing.

Looked at the two of them and smiled. He knew he could never be that rough to a girl like how Jonghun was but it was entertaining to see them bicker and fight. He was enjoying the sight until Jonghun's arm accidentally shoved Hyosung's head. Watched the way Hyosung frowned while Jonghun froze. "She is going to be mad.." But instead he saw her massaging her forehead with pouting lips. When Jonghun finally made a movement, Hanbyul smiled again to see how Jonghun gently helped to massage it for her. He was a little amused to see the bond between the two of them.

Time: 1600hrs

As soon as she entered the room the two guys stopped whatever they did and looked at her. "Here," passed a piece of paper to Hanbyul.

Jonghun took a peek at the paper. "Just three? You gave me ten rules to follow when we stayed together last time."

By right, she wanted to do more than just three sets of rules but since it was just going to be for a few days, she settled for the minimum. "Go cry about it then" gave Jonghun a sarcasm to show she didn't care about fairness, not when he was the one who forced her to let Hanbyul stayed at her house.

Hanbyul passed it back to Hyosung and with a smile, "I think I will not have any problem following the rules." The three rules looked reasonable to him.

Jonghun snatched the paper before Hyosung could take back. "Number ONE, do not enter my room without permission~" Looked at Hyosung and commented, "Yaa, why would he want to enter your room?" Before Hyosung could answer, he turned to Hanbyul and said, "Her room looks more like an office than a bedroom..nothing interesting to see at all.Number TWO, no females allowed..I know this will be here~"

Took a gander at Hanbyul. "Well maybe if she's a friend then it's okay but I have to emphasize that no hanky panky is allowed especially at places where there's a possibility that I might see it." Since it was going a temporary thing.

"This is really unfair. You didn't allow me to bring anyone at all." 

Placed both hands on her waist and gave Jonghun an annoyed face. "Why are you being so concern urh?"

"You're being unreasonable..so bias~" Jonghun retorted.

"And you're being busybody..so irritating~" Hyosung rebutted

"Guys relax. Don't get tense, " Hanbyul added. It was funny that Jonghun seemed more bothered about the rules than he was. 

Snatched the piece of paper from Jonghun. "Hear that Jonghun ssi? Just relax urh." Her straight face turned to a smiley one when her eyes went to Hanbyul. "My room is on the third floor so if there's anything, just knock on the door okay?"

Hanbyul nodded, "Yup, I will do just that."

Jonghun's head leaned closer to Hanbyul and whispered, "What's the third rule?"

"Erm, topless is unacceptable at all time," Hanbyul said it out. 

"Still uncomfortable with that?" Jonghun asked Hyosung. He recalled those days when she would scream to see his exposed upper body. "This girl, she gets turn on easily so it's best you keep your tshirt on~" he whispered to Hanbyul and made that guy grinned.

Hyosung heard it. Cracked her fingers and glared at Jonghun. It made her wondered why in the world did she make herself fall for a guy like this or why did she ever be a friend to him when he kept saying nonsensical stuffs to embarrass her. 

"Owh, she looks like she will really hurt him.."

When Hyosung started to walk towards him, Jonghun went to Hanbyul. He saw Hyosung going to the side and used Hanbyul as a human shield. 

It was frustrating to try to get her hands on Jonghun when Hanbyul was way too tall. She will not give up until she can get her hands on that blabbermouth. "Yaa surrender before I do something to your face and ruin your chance to be a supermodel," threatened him with her teeth clenched. 

"You heard that? You see how evil she is?" whispered to Hanbyul and keeping a lookout of Hyosung's movement. 

"But I recall you telling me that she is kind?" Hanbyul asked back. He didn't want to be caught in the middle of them but it was kind of fun to see them acting like kids. They were certainly different from his click of friends back home. He didn't pay attention to Hyosung and was caught off guard when Jonghun made him moved to the side where Hyosung had went. Lost his footing and to prevent himself from falling, he tried to grabbed on something. However before he could get his hand to something firm for support, he caught hold of Hyosung instead.

She was too stunned to react.

Jonghun on the other hand was still holding on to Hanbyul's shirt.

The three of them dropped on the floor and it took them few seconds to realise what had just happened. They started laughing for no reason why. Side by side they lay down on the floor with their faces facing the ceiling until their laughter quietened down.

"Are you okay?" Jonghun asked Hanbyul who was in lying in between him and Hyosung.

"I'm more than just okay," he replied with a grin before he turned to Hyosung and asked, "How about you? Did I push you too hard?"

"No,"Hyosung shook her head with a smile on her face. "You and me..let's try to get along well urh."

Lifted up his head after seeing Hanbyul nodding. "Yaa, you should try to act more grown up..don't treat him so roughly like how you are to me, understand that Jeon Hyosung?"

"Augh..augh..tell that to yourself urh. Make sure you don't make his ears bleed with all your self praises, understand that Choi Jonghun?" stuck out her tongue at him. 

Hanbyul listened on as these two childish grown ups started bickering again and having a little hands fight with no regards of him being in the middle, getting hit when one of their hands went astray. He was not the least bothered but was rather entertained by the words they exchanged with one another.

                                   dividers