Chapter 1

Teardrops In The Rain

 

"Okay...all, I think we need a break here. We can continue again tonight or maybe tomorrow" Yonghwa said as he put off the guitar strap over his shoulder.

Jonghyun hung his head low, let out a deep sigh and slowly put off his guitar as well. He knew the leader decided to stop the practice because of him, although he didn't say the words. Yonghwa would never blame him for that, but still, Jonghyun couldn't help himself to feel guilty about it. They have to practice hard for their next arena tour in Japan but he messed it up. He even made so many mistakes in getaway, his own composed song, when they practiced it today.

"I'll go buy bubble tea then, I don't know why I'm craving for it all of sudden. Come with me, Jungshin?" Minhyuk said and put his arm around Jungshin's shoulder.

 Understood the code that Minhyuk was trying to send him, Jungshin agreed to Minhyuk's offer without any question and they both went soon after, leaving just Yonghwa and Jonghyun at the practice room.

Jonghyun stood up from his chair and sat on the floor instead, laying his back against the wall and closed his eyes after leeting out another deep sigh.

"I'm sorry hyung" Jonghyun murmured, "I don't know what happen with me today and..."

"I know" Yonghwa cut him off, "and that's what we have to work it out"

Yonghwa walked to Jonghyun and sat beside him, "I know she called you right after we comeback from Singapore, didn't she? You owe her an explanation Jonghyun, of why you, her bestfriend, never contact her at all"

"But how will I do that hyung? You know that I.." Jonghyun tried to explain but Yonghwa cut him off again.

"I know! But how long are you gonna hide and avoid her? You would have to talk to her sooner or later. And trust me, your heart will never be in peace unless you talk it out, let her know. Although it's really late now since she will get marry in two days, but at least that way you can let her go"

Jonghyun sighed, "I don't know hyung, I'm so puzzled. I don't know if I can talk to her, I don't know if I can look at her face again"

"Go try it then. Because I, as a leader, can't let you, my lead guitarist, to be in this state when we do our arena tour. Be a man and fix your problem" Yonghwa tried to encourage him.

"Go call her to come. I'll catch Jungshin and Minhyuk up and join them for bubble tea or whatever. You can have the dorm all for yourself now" Yonghwa commanded him. He patted Jonghyun's shoulder as he got up and then left him alone in the room. Yonghwa's a wise leader, when he said a straight word to any of like that, he never meant to be rude to them, and they know it.

Jonghyun took out his phone from his pocket, stared at it for a moment in hesitant.

Should I call her? Or no?

Just when he was still in his dilemma about to call her or no, his phone rang and the flash on the screen displayed the name he's been avoiding from this past two months, Sung Ah Reum.

He was about to press the decline button when he remember what Yonghwa told him to do a few minutes ago, fix your problem!, so then he answered the call.

"Yeobseyo"

"Ah Jonghyun...finally!" the girl on the phone exclaimed. "Too busy to contact your bestfriend, eh? I should really mad at you now Lee Jonghyun"

"Ah Reum... I'm so sorry for..."

"Yeah..yeah I know" she cut him off, "my Lee Jonghyun is so famous now that he has a packed schedule and have no  minute to even call his bestfriend, I know.." She burst out.

"Don't say that Ah Reum, you know I didn't mean it like that" Jonghyun defense himself.

She laughed, "Of course I know you pabo. I will not lie that I'm so sad you did that but yea, I understand. Now if you be nice and spare some time for me, I'll bring you a homemade beef steak, how about that? I know u can never reject meat" she .

Jonghyun smiled, he can almost picture her cute smile across the phone. And although he hate to admit it, he missed her cute and cheerful voice just like now, and he missed her so much as well.

"Jonghyun?" Ah Reum's voice brought jonghyun back to his sense.

"Ah yea sure. We have no schedule today. Should I come to pick you up?"

"Don't worry about that, Henry will drive me there. He has to go somewhere and he can drop me off by your dorm"

Ah yea, Henry...of course, her boyfriend that soon to be her husband. How can you forget it?. Jonghyun mentally scolded himself.

"So? See you in a hour?" Ah Reum asked.

"I guess so" Jonghyun simply replied.

"Okay then. Well, while waiting..you actually can tidy up your room a little bit? I'm not in the mood for being your personal maid today" Ah Reum laugh.

 

Ah Reum arrived at CNBLUE's dorm in about an hour later. Jonghyun met Henry, Ah Reum's soon-to-be husband when he opened the door for Ah Reum. Henry is a good guy and they are a happy couple, so Jonghyun absolutely have no reason for feeling worry about his bestfriend, whom he loves secretly, will not being happy with her marriage. Henry kissed Ah Reum's cheek lightly before he left and an imaginary knives stabbed Jonghyun's heart at the same time. He was so hurt and jealous, but it was his fault after all. He never have the courage to say how much he loves her, well he did, but as a friend.

"Why is it so quiet? Where is everyone" Ah Reum asked as she walked in the dorm and throw herself onto the sofa.

"I guess they are having fun with bubble tea by now" Jonghyun replied, "Is that the beef steak" He pointed his finger to the paper bag on the table.

"Gluttony Jonghyun, always can immediately sense foods" Ah Reum laughed, "Yes, and I packed enough for 4 meat lover boys. I'll unpack them for you" Ah Reum stood up walk straightly to the kitchen. This dorm is like a second home for her so she knew where to go to find anything. She used to come here on the weekend when the boys don't have schedule just to help these 4 guys to have at least a proper home made foods once in a week.

Jonghyun watched Ah Reum's back figure as she served the beef steak on the plate. She looks so beautiful even from the back. Her long wavy hair fall flawlessly over her shoulder everytime she made move and Jonghyun always love how she unconsciously comb her hair with her finger sometimes.

Jonghyun really wants to hug her right here and  now, just to let out all the heavy things he feels inside his heart. He wants to tell that he loves her, so much. But then he realized it's too late now, far too late. What does he expect? She'll break her engagement and accept his love?

"I'll put them in the fridge,okay? You can just put them in the microwave if you want to eat it" She told him as she opened the fridge and placed the beef steak on it.

"Jonghyun, what happen?" She asked when she turned her body to Jonghyun and caught her bestfriend stood there looking at her near the door with emotionless face.

"What? Nothing" Jonghyun hedged.

"But you look...sad? Or are you mad at me for something?" She asked, examined his best friend’s face

"Why should I be mad at you, no..it's nothing" Jonghyun shrugged it off.

"Ahh, I thought you sad because I get to get marry first before you" She and laughed.

"Okay, whatever. So, when are you going to show me your new song?" She slapped Jonghyun's arm.

"My new song?" Jonghyun asked cluelessly.

"Yea, Yonghwa said you've been working on your new songs this past weeks and that's what keep you so busy to even contact me" she explained. "Ah, and he even said that the song was actually you wrote for me? Is that true?" Ah Reum put a big grin on her face.

Yonghwa hyuuuuunng!!. Jonghyun screamed inside his head.

 "Well..uummm...yea" Jonghyun hesitantly answered.

"Aww I'm so touched", She exclaimed. "Show me now" She held Jonghyun's hand and dragged him to the practice room. She was like a little girl who being all excited to received her birthday present. She made Jonghyun sat on a chair, took the accoustic from it's standing case and immediately gave it to Jonghyun then she sat on the floor in front of him, "play it for me, pleaseee...I want to hear it" she pleaded.

Jonghyun was feeling so hesitant at first. Yonghwa hyung already told Ah Reum that he made this song for her so if he sings it to her now……the truth will be told!! She will found out thanks to Yonghwa hyung.

Should I sing her another song? She wouldn’t know anyway.

But no, maybe this is my only chance to let her know my true feeling.

But what do you expect even she finds out, Jonghyun?? You might just hurt her feeling, hurt your 14 years of friendship!!, then she will hate you. Forever.

“your heart will never be in peace unless you talk it out, let her know” “Be a man and fix your problem” The battle inside of Jonghyun’s head stopped by those two sentence Yonghwa’s said to him earlier. He was right, I have to let her know, even if there is a chance that she will hate me after this, at least I’m being honest with her.