A Persons Feelings

The Right Way to Fall in Love

 

 

 


ChapterTwo

APersonsFeelings

 

 

Two weeks had flown pass, for Suzy it was like a blink of an eye but for Myungsoo it felt like months, years even. Suzy was too preoccupied with her boyfriend to even think about the kiss with Myungsoo whereas Myungsoo had his head filled up with thoughts of only Suzy. He had kissed her, their lips touched and all he could think about was how the two would never be the same again.

What made things even worse was that today was his birthday, a day where his family and Suzy’s family would get together and celebrate. He didn’t want to see Suzy, he didn’t want to see her disgusted face, and he didn’t want her to hate him because of his actions. He felt like he could die then and there and everything would be resolved.

Sighing in his bed he looked up at the ceiling that was covered in flow in the dark stars. Closing his eyes he reminisced of when he first got them.

“Myungsoo, why do you sleep with the light on?” she asked as she played with her dolls. He looked down at his blank paper and started to draw “the monster will get me if I don’t keep them on” he replied.

Tilting her head she looked at him “what does it look like?” she asked in curiosity. With his crayon he drew three big black eyes. “Well it’s got three big black eyes!” he exclaimed. She nodded, “so many legs that you can’t even count them” he said as he drew ten legs. Holding the piece of paper up she shrieked and pushed it away.

“D-does it r-really exist?” she stuttered hugging her doll. He looked at her and thought about it. “I haven’t seen it yet but I know it’s real!” he said standing up.

Myungsoo chuckled out loud and opened his eyes.

“And then she told her mum…”

“Mum! There’s a monster in Myungsoo’s room… It might come into mine!” she exclaimed. Suzy’s mum chuckled and smiled, “don’t worry, I’ll look after you” her mum assured as Suzy shook her head and furrowed her eyebrows. “We need to keep the light on and it will be okay” she nodded knowingly.

Her mother thought about it and looked at Myungsoo’s mother who sat across from them. “Should we get them glow in the dark stickers? It’ll be cheaper”.

 


 

Myungsoo eyed his watch as he fixed his black tie in the mirror, the Bae family were going to be here any second and he was going to see Suzy after what seemed like months. Slowly walking down the stairs he pondered about how he was going to apologize. Entering the kitchen he found the table neatly prepared, his mother was carefully placing the plates down whereas his dad sat on the couch reading this morning’s newspaper.

“Oh Myungsoo darling, you look lovely” his mother smiled as she pinched his cheeks. Myungsoo rubbed his sore cheeks and sat down beside his father. “He gets his looks from me I tell you” his father chuckled as he folded his newspaper into halves. Myungsoo didn’t know how long he sat in the longue for, every few minutes he’d look at the clock, he was eager for Suzy to walk through the door. Although he was nervous with mixed feelings he was rather excited, maybe she would forgive him because it was his birthday, maybe she had already forgotten about it, maybe she’d ignore him or even slap him. But he didn’t care. He just really wanted to see her.

“When are they coming?” Myungsoo impatiently asked as he watched his ticking wrist. He felt his heart beat pick up speed when each second passed. “Oh they should be here in a few more min-“his mother’s words were cut off by a knock at the door. Myungsoo stiffened up and his dad got up to answer it.

“Myungsoo?” he heard his father call him. Standing up he turned around to see Suzy’s parents. Before bowing he peered over their shoulders to see no one. “Where’s Suzy?” Myungsoo asked as he peeked into the kitchen, she wasn’t there either. “Is she still outside?” he asked taking a step forward. Mr Bae smiled slightly and gently pushed him back. “There’s no need” Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows. “She’s not here”.

Myungsoo felt his blood boil at the three words. “N-not here…? Was she busy?” he pressed on. Mr Bae looked as Mrs Bae and she sighed. “Suzy went out to meet her boyfriend”, at that second Myungsoo felt his heart drop. A frown crept on his face and he looked at the two adults hoping that they were joking around. “She does know it’s my birthday right?” he asked clenching his knuckles behind his back.

“Of course dear, she sent her regards and she’ll be joining us for cake later” Mrs Bae smiled trying to reassure Myungsoo. He stood there in silence and Mrs Bae nudged her husband who jolted up and smiled. “Why don’t we go to the table?” he said ushering him into the kitchen.

Mr and Mrs Kim looked at each other anxiously before doing the same to Mr and Mrs Bae. “You’re a growing boy Myungsoo, here are some more vegetables” his mother said as she placed more greens onto his plate. Myungsoo stabbed a carrot and smiled as he munched it. “Suzy will be here soon right?” Myungsoo asked as he set his fork down. The adults nodded and smiled.

An hour and a half flew pass and the clock read 7:34pm, the adults were now chattering in the longue room about how they were both doing, while Myungsoo sat in front of his uncut cake waiting. “Where are you?” he asked out loud. Laying his head on the table he closed his eyes and frowned.

Abruptly getting up he silenced the adults who poked their heads out. “I’ll be out at the park if you need me” he said as he excused himself. Myungsoo stepped out the door and his mother watched as he walked away. Turning to the three remaining adults she sighed, “I wish my boy would just grow up and confess his feelings already”, Mrs Kim nodded.

“He thinks we don’t know, but it’s so obvious! We even try to help him out by having a birthday dinner every year”. Mr Bae nodded and sighed “It’s my Suzy, I don’t what that girl is thinking, and I always thought she’d end up with Myungsoo since they grew up together”. Mrs Bae nudged her husband hard in the rib and frowned at him. “They will get together, just you watch!”

As Myungsoo neared the park he noticed that a small silhouette sat on a swing, nearing the swing set he paused and his mouth opened. “S-Suzy?” he heard her sniff and he watched as she wiped her face with her sleeve. “M-Myungsoo? What are you doing here?” she asked forcing a smile. She was obviously crying and Myungsoo’s eyes widened as he grabbed her shoulders.

“What the did he do to you?” he bellowed as he shook her. She pushed him off and forced a laugh “he didn’t do anything”, Myungsoo stepped back “then what happened?” silence engulfed them and after a big sigh she replied, “We broke up… Myungsoo we broke up” she started to cry.

Myungsoo pulled her into a tight embrace; despite the mood he felt a smile grace his lips. “What happened?” he asked trying to comfort her. Her crying grew louder and Myungsoo kept quiet. “You don’t have to tell me… Just cry it all out” he said as he closed his eyes.

The two didn’t know how long they stood in each other’s embrace, but they both knew that it was a very long time. “It was because I wanted to go to your birthday dinner” she finally answered. He could hear her worn out voice, “he wanted me to meet his parents, I told him I couldn’t and so he broke it off… Saying that I didn’t love him but I loved you” she smiled sadly.

“But you know what Myungsoo?” her voice was now softer; “I think I did love him, even though it was only two weeks”. She closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around him as tears strolled down her cheek. “I don’t want to fall in love anymore” she cried burying her face into his chest. He sighed and her hair.

“It’s because you didn’t fall in love right” he replied deepening the embrace. She pulled back and gave him a funny look. “There’s a right way to fall in love?” she asked as she wiped her tears and snot away with her sleeve. Myungsoo graced a smile and nodded.

The right way to fall in love is with me.

Myungsoo walked Suzy home after he received a text from his parents telling him that Suzy’s parents had already left.

“Bye Suzy” Myungsoo waved.
Suzy watched as Myungsoo disappeared into the darkness, with every step he took she felt her heart thump hard.

 

 

Hello,
it's the second chapter. oAo

I hope you enjoyed it just as much as I enjoyed writing it.
This story will be ending soon,
in a bout two or more chapters, haha. Sorry.

I've written a Myungzy Oneshot here.
Please read it. c:

Don't be a silent reader.
Subscribe&Comment.