{ teaser #4 }

e v e r l a s t ; Silence Before the Storm {apply open}
 Teaser # 4 
{ The Ruby Mask }
 
The sound of the door slamming shut caught the attention of all the girls in the apartment. Some, like the quiet Byulbi, just continued to do whatever she was doing while others, like the curious Haneul and the polite Miyoung, couldn't help but stop what they were doing and greet the new arrival. They didn't even have to see who it was to know. Nobody else slammed the door like that except the member with the Ruby mask. They all thought that the colour matched her well; fire.

"Welcome back, Hana-unnie!" Haneul shouted as she flung herself at the older girl. She quickly side-stepped to avoid the girl with long limbs and Haneul only grabbed air when she straightened up. Haneul gave a pout. "You're mean, unnie."

"I already told you to stop jumping at me." Hana told her coldly.

"But you seem so gloomy." Haneul said. "I want to cheer you up."

"Jumping at me all the time isn't going to help."

"I'm not jumping at you. I just want to hug you."

"I hate hugs. Stay away from me."

"Mi, she's so mean to me!" Haneul wrapped her arms around the younger girl instead.

Miyoung, who was used to Haneul whining, simply brushed it off. Instead, she turned towards the girl who had just walked in through the door. "Hana-unnie, did you meet someone suspicious today?"

"What do you count as suspicious?"

"A random person approaching you."

"Someone did, but not really random. He's from one of the gang we're trading with tomorrow." Hana told her.

"So you know who's in the gang we're meeting tomorrow?" Miyoung asked.

"We're meeting with three tomorrow. Two of them are actually one, but slip up."

"Hana-unnie is really smart. She knows so much." Haneul said.

Hana just ignored her. "Why do you ask? Did they go to find you? They're not gonna get the better deal by making relationships."

"They met with all of us." Miyoung explained.

" ups." Hana scowled.

"Maybe they're just confirming the date?"

"Did they say anything about it?"

"Well... No."

"Then that proves they're just trying to get a better deal by getting closer to us." Hana told her. "Don't fall for their trick."

"And this is why Hana-unnie is the dealer of our group." Haneul said.

Hana narrowed her eyes. "What's that suppose to mean?"

Haneul tilted her head in confusion. "I'm just saying you're suited for this type of job. It's a compliment."

"Doesn't sound like one to me."

"Byul-unnie! Hana-unnie is acting scary again!" Haneul shouted.

"Then stop annoying her." Byulbi told her.

"But she's being mean to me."

"She won't be mean if you didn't annoy her."

"Why is it always me annoying her? I was trying to cheer her up."

Byulbi sighed. "Mi."

"Unnie, let's go finish our cake, okay?" Miyoung suggested.

"Okay." Haneul instantly perked up and ran off to the kitchen.

Hana sighed deeply and dropped into a chair across from Byulbi. The girl who had been reading a book looked up, surprised that Hana decided to sit with her and didn't just go off to her room. She immediately knew something was wrong and waited patiently for Hana to begin explaining.

"There's something odd about these three new gangs." Hana said. Byulbi nodded. "They seem to know an awful lot about us."

"Why do you say that?"

"I met one of their members today. One of the leaders. He talked about us as if he knows us very well."

"Everlast is getting a lot of attention." Byulbi said.

"But he knows I'm part of Everlast. And he knows that I'm Ruby." Hana told her. "Nobody is suppose to know who we are."

"That is pretty suspicious... The guy who found me knew I was part of Everlast too." Byulbi looked thoughtful for a few minutes. "For the other two... They seemed more creepy than threatening."

"I guess we'll have to wait to see tomorrow. When's the leader coming back?" Hana asked.

"I don't know. You're talking a lot today. And reasonably too." Byulbi said with a faint smile.

"You're talking more than usual too, Byul."

Byulbi shrugged, then turned her attention back onto her book. Hana left for her room after that, the gummy smile of the man she met earlier not leaving her mind.

Something's definitely wrong.
 
     AUTHOR'S NOTE:
   Congrats to Wang Hana (-cherryswirls)! ^^ Gold and Amethyst are still open to apply for! Next to be revealed is a special case. Ruby was a really tough one to pick! >< So many good apps!