Just Two More

You Are Not Alone

 

 

 

You remained in your room for about an hour. After that, though, you began to feel extremely bored, and wished desperately to talk to someone. You exited your room, and looked around. You decided not to bother Jongup, since he was probably still getting used to his new home. You didn’t want to scare him away or anything like that. You decided to visit Daehyun.

 

You knocked on his door hesitantly. A few moments later, the door opened. “Oh, hello Hana! What’s up?”

 

“There’s another person here,” you said. “His name is Jongup. Maybe you can go talk to him later? He’s pretty nice, but he’s a little shy.”

 

“Yeah, I’ll go say hi to him later. Is that all you wanted?”

 

“Well… I’m kind of bored,” you confessed. “What can we do around here? I don’t have my computer or anything.. it’s still all at home.”

 

“Ah, we’ll have to fix that,” Daehyun said. “We can go pick up your stuff sometime. For now.. I don’t know, watch TV? Go talk to people? There’s me, Jongup, and that Zelo kid.”

 

“Yes please! I left a lot of important things back at home! I’ll need to get them.” You smiled. “Aish, why are you so hateful towards Zelo? He’s younger than you, too! You should be a good hyung towards him.”

 

“How old is he?”

 

“Zelo? He’s sixteen.”

 

Daehyun’s eyes widened. “What! That guy is sixteen? Stupid giant..” he muttered.

 

“Hey, be nice,” you said, giving Daehyun a look. “Just because you’re shorter doesn’t mean you have to hate on him~”

 

“Hey! Who said I was hating on him? He just bothers me, okay? Because he had his hands all over you. It’s like he was fooling you. I bet you were touching him everywhere when he was transformed.” It was his turn to give you a look. You blushed a little in embarrassment.

 

“Don’t remind me,” you mumbled. “That was so embarrassing..”

 

Daehyun poked your cheek. He smiled. “I’ll try and be nicer to him if you really want me to. Just don’t fall for any of that adorable-kitten crap. He’s still a guy, no matter what. Just keep that in mind when you pet his fuzzy head, alright?”

 

“Okay..” you replied, slightly warmed by his concern for you. “So, go talk to Jongup later! And maybe Zelo too. I’ll go visit Zelo now and tell him to greet Jongup as well.”

 

“Mmkay,” Daehyun replied. He waved to you and you closed his door.  You walked to the other side of the hall and knocked on Zelo’s door.

 

“Come in,” Zelo said. You opened the door and Zelo smiled at you. “Noona! Hello!”

 

“Hey, Zelo.” You greeted. “Did you hear? There’s a new person here. His name is Jongup. You should go greet him!”

 

“Hmm.” Zelo said, thinking. “Sure. Want to come, noona?”

 

“That’s okay,” you said. “I already talked to him earlier, and you guys would get to know each other better if I wasn’t there to bother you.”

 

“But it’ll be awkward without you, noona!”

 

“Well, he’s a little shy, but once you get past that I’m sure he’s talkative.”

 

“Please come with me, Hana! Please?” Zelo shot you an adorable look, and you nearly melted right there.

 

“F-Fine…” you muttered.

 

Zelo grinned happily. “Yay! That was so easy! Let’s go noona!”  He stood up and bounced over to you.

 

“Only because you’re so cute,” you mumbled. Zelo heard your statement and his smile grew even wider. “You’d better be careful with what you say, noona,” Zelo said teasingly. “I’m still a man, you know. I could attack you at any second.”

 

“No you wouldn’t,” you objected. “You’re too nice.”

 

Zelo laughed. “Still, be careful. I may not hurt you, but that Daehyun guy might.”

 

You sighed and rubbed your neck. “Wow. Talk about judging a book by its cover. You two haven’t even gotten to know each other yet, and already you guys are hating each other! Please just give him a chance. I’m sure you’ll come to like him! Daehyun has already agreed to give you a chance.” You took Zelo’s hand in yours and pleaded.

 

After a while, Zelo gave in. “Oh, alright,” he said softly. “If it really matters that much to you, I’ll give him another chance.”

 

“It really does!” you said. “It means a lot. Thank you, Zelo.”

 

He gave you a silly smile. “Let’s go meet Jongup now.” He tightened his grip on your hand and led you out. “Which room is his?”

 

“That one,” you pointed.  Zelo knocked on the door and it opened. “Yes?”  When Jongup saw you, he smiled, but Zelo intimidated him slightly. “Um..”

 

“Hi, Jongup. This is Zelo. He’s also one of the six.”

 

“Hey Jongup,” Zelo said, raising a hand in greeting.

 

“Hello…” Jongup replied shyly. “Um, would you two like to come in?”

 

“Sure,” Zelo responded, and stepped in the room, your hand still in his. The three of you stood in the room awkwardly, until Zelo broke the silence. “So, you like the house so far?”

 

“Um, sure,” Jongup said. “I haven’t seen much of it yet, but I’m sure it’s nice..”

 

“It is,” Zelo replied. “I did a quick scouting of the area before I came here.”

 

Jongup raised an eyebrow. “Why would you want to scout the area?”

 

“Oh, just curious,” Zelo replied. “And I was also trying to get more experience with using my powers outside of the house. I don’t get many opportunities, since there are humans everywhere.”

 

Jongup nodded in understanding. “Yeah, I can’t use mine much either, so it right now. My concentration’s just not good enough.”

 

“Ooh I see,” Zelo said. “What’s your power? Mines animal transformation.”

 

“Cool!” Jongup said.

 

“I know, right?” you smiled. “But yours is cool too, Jongup.” He grinned at you.

 

“Thanks.” He turned to Zelo. “I can teleport and pass through solid objects.”

 

“Aw, you’re so lucky! That means you never have to walk anywhere! You can just teleport yourself. Maan, I wish I had that too.”

 

Jongup laughed cheerfully. “Yeah, but don’t forget that there are humans everywhere. I still have to walk or drive to most places. It’s because I don’t have much control over it yet. Until I do, I’ll be sticking to human transportation.”

 

“Oh, right,” Zelo said, a little sadly. “Hey, by the way, when you say you can pass through solid objects, does that mean you can stand in between a wall? Or can you go into a refrigerator or something?”

 

“Yeah, I can do those,” Jongup replied. “But I don’t like to stay for too long, because then my concentration starts to kind of waver. It’d be bad if I released the power while still inside something!”

 

“Ooh,” you said, wincing. “Do you die, then?”

 

“Yeah, I think so. I mean, I’ve never tried it, but … I kind of don’t want to, you know?” Jongup laughed again. You and Zelo both smiled in agreement.

 

“Well, you two continue talking. You guys are getting along nicely! I’ll go and do other stuff,” you said, backing out of the room.

 

“Alright, noona!” Zelo smiled. “See you later!”

 

“Bye, Hana.” Jongup said.

 

“See ya, guys. Have fun talking!” you shut Jongup’s door and left.

 

“Hmm,” you wondered. “When will the other boy be coming?” Time passed at a snail's pace after that. You found yourself staring at the clock many times, watching the hands of the clock move slowly. You couldn’t help it; you were extremely nervous and excited. After all, these were the people that would guide you down the right path and help you save their planet. The fact that they weren’t exactly human only added to your excitement. And you were one of them…

 

 

You rolled around on the bed. “Please come already…” you mumbled for the five hundredth time. The butterflies were thrashing around in your stomach, making you feel extremely nervous. You hadn’t felt like this when you were meeting the other boys, but that was probably because you hadn’t been expecting their arrival. You had met Daehyun and Zelo by surprise, and Jongup had came when you were sleeping. This was the first time that you had the chance to anticipate the arrival of one of your “guides”.

 

You sighed. Maybe you should be doing something productive, instead of just waiting around. But without your things, there seriously was nothing to do. You were considering joining Mrs. Lee in the living room to watch TV.

 

Just then, the doorbell rang, and you jumped up and bolted to the door.

 

 

“Hello!” you cried, flinging the door open.

 

“Ah.. Hello.” A voice replied. “I’m Youngjae.” His cheeks moved up as he smiled, creating a gentle and charming look. His hair was in a fauxhawk style, though it didn’t look gelled or anything. He looked like an easygoing person. You felt like teasing him for some reason.

 

“I’m Hana,” you introduced. “Password?”

 

He raised his eyebrows at you. “What?”

 

“What’s the password?” you repeated.

 

“Um.. I don’t .. Uh… Planet Mato?”

 

“Wrong!”

 

“Prophecy?”

 

You giggled. “Wrong!”

 

He stuck out his lower lip cutely as he thought hard about your imaginary password. “Is it.. a word or a sentence?”

 

Your mind raced as you tried to think of a real password. “It’s a word,” you confirmed.

 

“Is the word.. Hmm..” He thought for a bit. “Can I have a hint?” he asked.

 

“It has two s’s.”

 

“S… Snakes?”

 

“Nope!”

 

“Soldiers? Sarcasm? Schools? Passing, messy, success, accessory, address, assess, assassin, bitterness, careless, happiness?” He continued to blurt out every word he could think of that had two s’s.

 

You laughed. He was trying so hard, it was adorable. “Wrong! Wrong! All incorrect!” He was getting very confused now, and probably a little irritated with you too.

 

“C-Can I please just come in?” the boy asked nervously. “I don’t know the password.” He took a large step towards you, and you instinctively moved back. You weren’t frightened or anything, but for some reason your body just acted in this way. As you stepped back, your foot hit the edge of the rug, making you stumble, and you fell backwards.

 

You waited for the fall, but for some reason it didn’t come. You had stopped in mid-air. You looked down and discovered that you were floating a bit off the ground.

 

“Ah!” you cried in surprise. You looked over at Youngjae and saw that his palm was facing you. His power must be telekinesis! You saw that he was frowning in concentration and his forehead was beginning to glisten with sweat.

 

“Sorry! Um, you can put me down,” you squeaked. Youngjae released his power, and you landed on your feet. Youngjae doubled forward, his hands on his knees, panting heavily.

 

“I’m so sorry,” you apologized. “I-I tripped.. Are you alright?”

 

“Yeah,” he gasped. “I just never.. never used my power on something that heavy before.”

 

“Thanks for telling me I’m fat,” you snorted, a smile creeping on your lips.

 

His eyes widened. “Oh, no! I didn’t mean anything like that! I just meant that I’ve never moved anything heavier than 30 pounds before…” He stood straight up again and looked at you, his eyes wide and worried. His breathing was slowly beginning to return to normal.

 

You burst out in laughter, and the tension in the air faded. “It’s okay, silly. I was just messing with you. Sorry for making you use your power like that..”

 

He smiled in relief. “That’s okay, I’m just glad you weren’t hurt. Hana, was it?”

 

“Yeah,” you replied. “Lee Hana. Sorry about earlier, I was just messing with you. There really isn’t a password, I just made it up on the spot.”

 

“I know,” he laughed. “But what is the password anyway?”

 

“It’s password,” you answered, smiling wickedly.

 

“Password?”

 

“Yep! The password was password!” You giggled and Youngjae began to join. “Wow, that’s lame,” he remarked, grinning.

 

“And what does that make you?” you shot back. “You couldn’t even guess the lame password!”

 

He held up his hands in defeat, still grinning. “Okay, you got me.”

 

The two of you smiled at each other for a while longer, until you realized that you hadn’t invited him in yet.

 

“Ah! I have such bad manners.. Please come in, Youngjae.” You shifted to the side, making room for him to enter. Youngjae stepped in slowly, his eyes darting around the house.

 

“You have a nice house,” he remarked.

 

“Thanks, but it’s not my house,” you replied. “It’s Mr. Jung and Mrs. Lee’s house. Daehyun’s parents.”

 

“Daehyun?” Youngjae asked, puzzled. “Is that your boyfriend or something?”

 

“Goodness, no!” you said, surprised. “Er, he’s the guy who found me. He’s also one of the six, like you.”

 

“You’re living with him?” Youngjae gaped.

 

“We all are,” you replied. “Wait, don’t tell me you don’t know anything! Did your parents tell you about the prophecy?”

 

“Well, yeah, I know about THAT,” Youngjae scratched his head. “But I didn’t know that you already found some of the people.”

 

“Oh, I guess Mrs. Lee and Mr. Jung didn’t mention it in the message then. Yeah, you’re the fourth one to arrive. So far there’s Daehyun, Zelo, Jongup, and now you,” you explained. “Since we’re all part of the prophecy, Daehyun’s parents thought it’d be best if we all lived in the same house. You know, so we’re closer.”

 

“Ah I see,” Youngjae smiled. “So I’ll be living here too, right? I hope I didn’t pack my things for nothing.”  

 

“Yep,” you grinned. Daehyun came downstairs at that moment, and saw the newcomer.

 

“Hey,” he greeted. “I’m Daehyun.”

 

Youngjae bowed and introduced himself. “I’m Youngjae. I hope we get along.”

 

Daehyun smiled. He felt that there was something likable about Youngjae. He seemed much more likable than that kid Zelo..  “I’m sure we will,” he replied. “Come on, you can come pick a room. Did you bring your things?”

 

“Mmhm,” Youngjae responded. He lifted his hand, and the suitcase came rolling in. Daehyun’s mouth dropped. “Your power is telekinesis?!”

 

“Um, yeah,” Youngjae replied, slightly shocked by Daehyun’s sudden yell. “Is that bad? I’m sorry,”

 

“No no no,” Daehyun spluttered. “That’s so awesome! Our powers match perfectly!” He demonstrated his power, pointing at a small fountain on the side of the hall. The water began to swirl around and create shapes.

 

“I have elemental manipulation as my power,” Daehyun explained. “And it can’t lift off its original surface or anything without telekinesis. Which you happen to have! It’s like we’re meant to work together,” Daehyun grinned happily. “My power finally isn’t totally useless!”

 

Youngjae cracked a smile. “I’m not very strong or experienced yet, and my concentration . Maybe we could train together!”

 

“That’d be so awesome!”

 

The two boys began to chatter while you smiled at them. At least these two were getting along well. Jongup and Zelo seemed to mesh well together as well. Daehyun began to lead Youngjae up the stairs to his new room. You decided not to follow along. There would be plenty of opportunities to talk to Youngjae later. The nervous feeling in your stomach was gone now, though now it was replaced with hunger. You went to the kitchen in search of food. Now that the excitement was over, you were beginning to notice just how hungry you were.  

 

You found Ria in the kitchen.  “Hi Ria,” you greeted.

 

“Hello, Miss Hana,” Ria bowed. “I’m currently cooking dinner. Would you like some? It will be done in five minutes.”

 

“Yes please!” you smiled. “I’m so hungry!”

 

Ria smiled. “It’s almost done. You can go sit at the table first, if you wish.”

 

You nodded. “Hey, will everyone be eating here?”

 

“Well, Mr. Jung, Mrs. Lee, and Mr. Daehyun will, but the other boys will probably eat in their rooms. I suppose they aren’t quite accustomed to the house yet. They can come down and eat dinner with us when they are less shy.”

 

“Ah, I see,” you responded. Ria came back out a few moments later with a steaming plate of meat and rice. She set it in front of you and returned to the kitchen. When she returned, she was balancing many small dishes on her arms. She set those down in front of you as well, and urged you to begin eating. You obeyed, and dug in.

 

“Wow, this is amazing,” you said, your mouth full. Ria accepted your compliment happily, and went to go notify the others about dinner. When Daehyun and his parents arrived, you had already finished eating.

 

“It was delicious,” you smiled. Daehyun and his parents nodded. “Ria always makes the best dishes.”

 

Ria returned at that moment and overheard the compliment. She blushed, bowed, and escaped to the kitchen again. She returned holding three trays containing many dishes.

 

“Here, let me help you,” you said, reaching to take a tray. “I already finished dinner. It was really good, by the way. I’ll take this to Youngjae, if you don’t mind. I haven’t had a chance to get to know him yet.”

 

Ria nodded and you took the tray upstairs. You knocked on Youngjae’s door, while Ria approached Jongup’s. When there was no response, you turned the doorknob and entered the room. 

 

“Youngjae..?” you said softly. The room was pitch black, to your surprise. You flipped the light switch on, and a sleeping Youngjae was revealed to you. His face scrunched up when the light greeted him. He groaned and sat up sleepily. “Oh, hello Hana. What’s up?”

 

“Ah, sorry for waking you,” you apologized. “I should’ve been more considerate. I brought you dinner, though. Do you want to eat it now or later?”

 

“I’ll eat it now,” he smiled drowsily.  You approached the bed and set the tray down on the blankets, where you thought his lap would be. He picked up a spoon and began to eat.

 

“Um, I’ll come back at a better time then,” you said, shuffling out the door. “Again, sorry for waking you. Talk to you later!”

 

“It’s okay. Later, Hana.” Youngjae replied. He waved to you as you closed his bedroom door.

 

You walked to the living room, not knowing what else you could do except watch TV. There was nobody there. You sat down and picked up the remote. You passed time by flipping the channels until you found an interesting-looking drama. Then, you made yourself comfortable and stared at the screen.

 

You sighed and found yourself thinking about how crazy everything has been lately. Only a week ago, you had been a normal human being, until your parents died in that car crash. After that, your world started to go insane. Daehyun had found you two days ago and his family managed to convince you that they were aliens from a different planet, and that they also had powers. Then, they shocked you with an extremely absurd idea that you were some prophecy girl who would save their planet. The next day, you were greeted by an exploding bird, and later that day a kitten named Zelo had found his way to you. Then there were two more boys after that: Jongup and Youngjae. Come to think of it, you had met half of your destined “friends” all today.

 

Things were moving at an incredibly frightening speed. It was all going way too fast. But at the same time, your life had become so much more interesting as a result. You thought about your parents, about how things might be if they were at your side right now. You missed them horribly, though you knew that there was nothing you could do to bring them back. The best you could do now was to try and save their planet. You had to fulfill your destiny, though you weren’t sure how you would do it. You suddenly noticed that you had gotten off track, and you pushed away your thoughts. You turned your gaze back to the TV screen.

 

Hours passed, and gradually your eyelids began to feel heavy…

 

 

 

Your eyes suddenly flung open, and you realized that you must’ve dozed off. You turned the TV off, stood up, and stretched your arms. The house was dark, though the living room light had been left on for you. Everyone must be asleep by now, you realized. You shut the living room light, enveloping yourself in the darkness. You felt your way to the stairs and climbed up. As you stepped up, you noticed that Zelo’s room was still lit up. Perhaps he had fallen asleep and had forgotten to turn his light off..

 

You knocked on his bedroom door. “Zelo?” Are you sleeping? You need to turn the light off.” When there was no answer, you opened the door slowly. “Zelo?”

 

You saw him lying on the bed with headphones on, listening to music. When he saw you enter, he immediately pulled the headphones off his head. “Yes, Hana?”

 

“Oh, sorry,” you said. “I thought you were sleeping. I was just making sure, since your light is still on.”

 

“Oh, I see.” Zelo replied. “Nah, I’m still wide awake.”

 

“Ah, I see. Well, I’ll take my leave now. I’m feeling pretty tired. Make sure to turn your light off before you sleep!” You turned to leave.

 

“You’re not alone, you know,” Zelo said suddenly.

 

“What?” you asked, completely confused. You turned back around to face Zelo.

 

“You said it earlier, when I was in kitten form. You said ‘Are you all alone, like me?’ ” He sat up and stared into your eyes.

 

“O-oh,” you said, thinking back. “I just said that because…” you faltered, not knowing what to say next.

 

“I don’t know if you know it yet, but you’re far from alone. You have Mr. Jung and Mrs. Lee. You have me. And as much as I hate to admit it, you have Daehyun, too. And four others. So don’t feel sad anymore. I can tell, you still think you have no one, but that’s not true. You have all of us.”

 

“Thanks,” you say, warmed.

 

“It’s the truth,” he replied, grinning goofily at you.

 

“Yeah..” you whisper softly. “I know now. I’m not alone anymore, huh?”

 

“You never were to begin with. We were tied to each other the moment the prophecy was revealed. We’ve always been destined to find you, we just didn’t know it.” Zelo suddenly lowered his head and gave you an embarrassed smile. “Ah, I at these kinds of things. I don’t make any sense, huh?”

 

“No, you do,” you smiled. “Thank you Zelo.”

 

“No problem,” he replied. “You should get to sleep now. I’ll make sure to turn off the light, don’t worry. Goodnight, Hana.”

 

“ Goodnight, Zelo.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

SO. Just so nobody forgets or anything like that~ 

 

Their powers so far…

Hana - Unknown

Daehyun -  Levitating and elemental manipulation

Zelo – Animal transformation

Jongup – Teleportation and “Phasing” (passing through solid objects)

Youngjae – Telekinesis

??? - Unknown

??? - Unknown