Strange Place

You Are Not Alone

                    attachment.php?attach_id=ad1b8c593d8b2d0

  

 

Your eyes were greeted by warm rays of sunlight. You blinked groggily, and your head was still pounding. "Ouch... " you muttered. You sat up. 

 

And screamed loudly. 

 

You were in a bed. Your mind instantly cleared, and you turned your head wildly, taking in all the details of the room. "Ohmygod!" you thought to yourself. "Where in the world am I? Who's room is this? I didn't sleep with some guy did I?!" The room was composed of mostly black, white, and grey colors. It was definitely a man's room, though his designing skills were so flawless that you were beginning to question your judgement. Maybe it was a girl's room after all. You hoped that it was, that some kind woman had taken you home after seeing your pitiful state. 

 

Your heart began to beat faster and you felt that familiar sensation of panic spreading throughout your body. You grasped the soft, white blankets in your dirty fists and flung them off your body, revealing your tattered, blood-stained shirt and your torn jeans. There was also a needle attached to your left arm, hooking you up to a small machine. Although you were clueless when it came to the medical world, even you weren't that dumb. It was obviously an IV Drip. You ripped it out of your arm without thinking, wincing at the sharp pain. A small trickle of blood began to ooze out of the fresh wound, and you pressed your right hand over it, applying a random amount of pressure. 

 

You heard a soft groan, and you felt your body stiffen. You slowly turned your head in the direction of the voice. There was a man sprawled across a velvety black couch. It was the same man from last night! He groaned again, stretched out his arms, and rubbed his eyes with his hands before opening them. He looked at you and blinked sleepily. Then he blinked again. And again. And again. 

 

Then he shouted "Ah!" and pointed at you. "You're finally awake!" He threw his legs off the couch and began to run over to you. 

 

"W-what are you doing!" you shouted. His lips twitched upwards in amusement as he watched you pull the blankets up to your chest. "S-stay away from me!" When he did not stop, you acted instinctively, throwing the blankets at his face and jumping off the bed. "Mmfph!" his cry of surprise was muffled by the blankets. You ran to the door, your heart pounding crazily. What the heck was going on!? Suddenly, strong hands gripped your weak wrist, and the blonde-haired boy pulled you backwards. You fell backwards, your back crashing directly into his chest. He held your shoulders and steadied you, grinning triumphantly. 

 

"Caught you~" he teased. 

 

You struggled under his firm grip. "Let me go!" you shouted. "Who are you! Why did you take me here?" You remembered that you had seen him fly the night before.. He had lifted off the ground.. You remembered the shadow on the brick wall, how wings had sprung from his back and how they had extended when he flew... Before you could let your mouth run with a million questions, the strange boy spoke. 

 

"Let you go?" he turned you around and raised his eyebrows at you. "And where would you go if I let you go? Back on the streets?" 

 

You lifted your fists to attack him, but he immediately lifted his hands off your shoulders and grabbed your wrists. "Whoa," he laughed. His laughter was deep, but childish at the same time. Under normal circumstances, you would have found his laugh to be cute, but he was just annoying the heck out of you right now. "That would have been bad." he said. His large hands easily wrapped around your wrists. 

 

You continued to twist your arms, while you attempted to think of something convincing to say. "I'm not homeless. I just got lost on the way home." You mentally face-palmed yourself. Lost on the way home? That was so lame!

 

He seemed to think the same too, for he began to chuckle. " Oh, so that's why you look like you haven't showered in a week. Or changed clothes. If you had really got lost, you wouldn't have been wandering around for so long. Your parents would have called the police, and they would have found you by now, Lee Hana. I'm thinking that you ran away from home, am I right? Speaking of parents, where are they anyway? I've got to contact them to tell them that their daughter is safe. And I have to take you home immediately. They must be worried sick! " 

 

You were utterly confused. "How do you know my name?"  He seemed so normal, so human... Was it possible that you had imagined that whole meeting? Perhaps you had seen him in the alley, and fainted. Perhaps you had dreamt the rest of it. After all, there was no way that people could fly. 

 

He rolled his eyes at you, but his lips twitched upwards. "Well, at least you're talking to me. It could have been worse. Thanks for answering my question, by the way," he said sarcastically. 

 

"Hey!" you retorted loudly. "I just asked you something, too! I expect a reply!"

 

"Not until you answer mine first," he said stubbornly. 

 

The two of you stared at each other, unblinking, for a few moments before the strange man sighed and relaxed his face. "You're so stubborn, Hana. I guess it comes from your mother." 

 

"Hey, I could say the same about you!"  You frowned, suddenly realizing how whiny you must sound. You couldn't help it. Usually, you were a patient person, but something about this guy just really ticked you off. "And how do you know my mom?" you asked.

 

"So many questions," he clicked his tongue, but smiled at you. "I can already tell you're going to be a lot of fun to be around." 

 

You raised your eyebrows at him and began to protest indignantly. "Hey.. Who says I'm staying around? I'm leaving the moment you let me go!" 

 

He tightened his grip and leaned down slightly so that his mouth was directly at your ear. "No you're not," he whispered. The hot breath on your ear sent strange unpleasant shivers down your spine, and you leaned to the side, trying to avoid his mouth. 

 

He waited for your respond, and when he recieved none, he chuckled again. 

 

"This is pointless," you thought. "He hasn't told me anything, or how he knows so much about me and my mother. Who is this guy? And did he really fly or not?" You decided to just forget about the whole flying incident. It was probably just your mind playing tricks on you anyways. You were probably hallucinating; exhaustion and hunger does that to people. You had read it on the news before.  

 

You turned your body to face him. "Please let me go," you mumbled. 

 

He stared at you and appeared to be in deep thought. 

 

"No," he finally decided. 

 

"Well then at least give me some answers! I don't understand what's going on! " you cried furiously. 

 

"Ah.. so impatient," he smirked. "Grandpa really wasn't lying when he said that it ran in your family." He looked at you again, and gave a nod in approval. "That just makes you so much more likable!" 

 

"The hell?" You thought. "Is he a masochist or something?"

 

He noticed your frustration and his face softened. "Sorry, I guess I was taking it a little too far. I don't mean to tease. I'm usually not like this."

 

You raised an eyebrow. "Sure...Can you please let me go now? Are you done toying around with me?"

 

"Well, about that. I really can't let you go yet."

 

"Why?" if your hands were avaliable to use, you probably would have been ripping your hair out right about now.

 

"I'm sorry... I can't tell you."  his eyes twinkled. 

 

"Dude!" you shouted, losing your temper. "Give me some freaking answers!" 

 

"You'll get your answers eventually! So feisty," he said. "I like it."

 

Your mouth dropped. "Wha--" 

 

"Well!" he shouted, grinning widely. "You'll get your answers as soon as you take a shower and come downstairs! Appa and Umma will be home soon! I'm sure they'll want to meet you!" 

 

He began to drag you towards the bathroom. "Wait what are you doing!" You fought against his tight grip, but his hands did not loosen. He pushed you into the bathroom and shut the door, pulling on it to keep it closed. "Take a shower!" he shouted. "There's a set of clothes in the top drawer on the left! I had the maids pick it out for you. They should fit you!" 

 

You could not believe this. First, a strange man had abducted you, then he took you to his home and put you in a wonderful bed, attached an IV Drip to your arm, and now he was making you take a shower and meet his parents? He must be crazy! You tugged on the doorknob, trying to pry the door open. "Open this door right now!" The two of you played tug-of-war with the door, though he was much, much stronger. You got the feeling that he was playing around with you, that he could have easily kept the door closed if he wanted to. However, he was letting it open a few inches, and then pulling it shut again. 

 

"You're going to break the doorknob if you keep pulling on it," he said.

 

"Then let me out!" 

 

"Just take a shower!" he shot back. "How hard is that?" 

 

You snorted. "I'm not taking a shower in a strange man's house! What kind of girl do you take me for!" 

 

"It's just a shower!" he insisted. He seemed to be getting annoyed for real now. "You havent showered in a while! Don't you want to take a shower?" 

 

"Of course! Just not with you sticking around! And not in a stranger's house!" 

 

"Think about it. Hot water. Soap. Shampoo. You can finally wash your hair! Aren't girls obsessed with their hair? Yours look like that girl from The Grudge. Kayako or something."

 

"But I..." You bit your lip and stopped pulling on the doorknob. You really did want to take a shower... But it didn't seem right to do that in this stranger's house. You could feel your willpower crumbling. Finally, you'd be able to take shower... You don't even know why you were arguing with him anymore. You knew you would've given in eventually. 

 

"Please? It's just a shower. I promise I'll leave the room and wait for you outside. You can just lock the door, anyway, you know."

 

"Yeah but.. I don't know. I feel weird taking a shower in your house. I don't even know who you are!" You tried to fight back one last time, a weak attempt. 

 

"You'll know soon. In fact, you'll know after you take your shower and come downstairs."

 

"I-- Okay." You saw the door shift a bit, and you knew that he had let go of the doorknob. If you wanted to run, this was your chance. But you didn't escape. Instead, you turned the lock on the door. "I'm going to shower now.." you said softly. The anger had left your body, and you were slowly beginning to calm down.  

 

"I'll be waiting for you downstairs. The comb is in the middle drawer under the sink. And the clothes are on the top drawer on the left side of the bathroom, if you don't remember. Remember to change into them!" You could hear his footsteps get softer and softer. He was leaving. You heard a door open, and then close again. You sighed and turned to the mirror. 

 

And screamed for the second time today. You looked absolutely disgusting!

 

You heard loud, hasty footsteps approach you, and the door of the bedroom burst open. "What happened!" he shouted, his voice was full of worry. He ran over to the bathroom door and pounded on it, softly but urgently. "Hana! Are you okay!?"

 

You were so embarrassed. "It's ... because I look so horrifying," you confessed, your cheeks growing hot. "I didn't know I looked this bad.. How were you able to stand looking at me, much less touch me? And I slept on your bed! I'm sorry!" you mumbled. You looked in the mirror again. Your entire face was tomato-red. 

 

"Oh.. Don't scare me like that!" he scolded. "I thought you had hurt yourself! Hurry and shower!" He stomped off, closing the bedroom door behind him. 

 

You stared at the bathroom door in awe. Although you couldn't see him, you had an idea of how his face would've looked. Was he really worried about you? What kind of person gets worried about a complete stranger? You shook your head. "He's so weird," you thought. You opened the drawer and picked up the comb. You began to brush your hair, although it took nearly half an hour. It was so matted that you thought that you'd have no hair left by the time you were done untangling it. Even after it had been brushed thorougly, your hair still felt nasty as heck. In fact, it felt even grosser, because now it felt all wet and heavy on your head. You decided to stop thinking about it and to just hurry and shower.

 

You walked towards the tub, surprised at how large the bathroom was. The size of the bathroom you had at home was nowhere near this one's. You stripped off your clothing, glad that you could finally dispose of it at last. The shirt stuck to your skin, and you had to peel it off slowly. You threw away your old clothing happily. The bloodstains from the shirt had stained your skin, making bits of your stomach a strange bronze hue. "Oh well," you thought. "It will come off in the shower." You smiled at that thought. A shower at last! You stood in front of the bath tub, fantasizing on how the water would feel like. 

 

After a few moments of fantasizing, you finally stepped into the tub. You pulled the clear glass door shut and turned the faucet on. Cold water poured out, and you nearly attacked it. The sight of clean water was such a beautiful sight. However, you held yourself back and continued to turn the faucet. The water turned warm, and then at last it began to steam. You touched the water gingerly, and almost collapsed in pleasure. The water felt so amazing! Not wanting to waste any of the heavenly water, you pulled on the small metal bar above the faucet, and the water began to come out of the shower handle instead. You set it on the stand and stood under the water. It was the best feeling in the world. 

 

You stood under the water for minutes, doing nothing at all. You knew you shouldn't be wasting the water, but it just felt too good. Finally, you took notice of the shampoo bottle, and reached over to pick it up. You began to lather your hair with shampoo, and you noticed that the water that was flowing down your body was brown. You watched the murky water flow down the drain, glad to see it go at last. You washed your hair twice, for one was not enough to remove all of the dirt and oil. You washed it again, though, just to be safe that your hair was fully clean. 

 

Then you set on washing your body. The blood stains came off of your belly, of course. You smiled happily. You must've been an idiot to refuse his shower offer at first! This must be what heaven felt like. After going without a shower for so long, you felt like a more humble person. You now appreciated water, and knew it's worth. Obviously, there were a lot of people in the world who were worse off than you were, but you began to understand how they felt just a tiny bit. You rubbed your face vigorously and let the hot water run over it. You remembered that your mother told you to always wash your face with cold water, and never hot, but you didn't care at the moment. It was clean water, and that was all that mattered. 

 

You finished showering, and searched for more unclean areas as an excuse to stand under the water longer. You found none, and sighed. You turned the water off, and stepped out. You opened the top cabinet, as the man had instructed, and found a towel, along with a set of clothes. You took the towel out, and patted your body with it. You wrapped it around your body and focused on the clothes in the drawer. 

 

There was a medium length skirt and a white v-neck in the drawer, along with a -colored bra. You blushed a little at the thought of him giving you a bra, but you recalled that he had mentioned that the maids were responsible for the clothing. You were a little relieved at that thought. You put on the clothes, surprised that it had all fit so well. Then, you hunted for a blowdryer. You opened the drawers, and found one, which made you even happier. You disliked airdrying your hair, since it caused your hair to fall flat and stick to your face. You liked to blowdry it, because the hot air from the blowdryer allowed you to style your hair. Plus, it added more volume to your hair, making it poofier and softer. 

 

You blowdried your hair and smiled at yourself in the mirror. You looked normal again at last. You put the blowdryer away and folded the towel neatly before placing it on the side of the sink. Then, you opened the bathroom door, and stepped out. You recalled his words. "You'll get your answers as soon as you take a shower and come downstairs! Appa and Umma will be home soon! I'm sure they'll want to meet you!"

 

You took a deep breath and opened the bedroom door. It was time to get some answers.