Late Birthday Present from Unnie

Let Me Be Your World

Korean

Mandarin

Tao’s POV

It’s funny  how much time I’ve spent with Hyun Ok lately.

I’m surprised that I don't hear more from the guys.

It’s just I know she doesn’t really have friends outside of work and me so I thought I’d  give her as much of my time as I can.

Plus being with her makes me really happy more than being with the guys.

I look over to see that she’s still sitting at her sister’s make-up station.

GRgJB7kPRAA-56-7KCdZK6Mwc239iuIYhVNC6YAa

Hyun Ok, what are you doing today?

Nothing I’m just waiting for my sister to give me what she owes me.

Which is?

My birthday present,” she says as she looks down blushing.

Ahh, I point to a small gift bag under the table, do you mean that?”

She smiles as she reaches under the table and look at the bag trying to find a name.

Your POV

It’s been a while since Tao saw my scar and he really has yet to leave my side yet.

It makes me really happy and I almost refuse to leave his side.

Everytime I think I don’t deserve whatever happiness I feel I touch my wrist where a bracelets that Tao got me to remind myself that I need to happy and just smile.

dsQfqs97zAjqU77ZrQH2TZaFGzKksdhKOcuWZ_QapOTThG_7-ShsVT_kr19ONdMbRM32CrV1iUtJcAP7

I still hide my face with my bangs.

I feel a hand touch my head and I look up from the bag to see Tao standing in front of me with soft eyes, which I find funny cause his eyes have the hard mad look almost all the time.

Hyun Ok, are you feeling alright?”

I smile as I nod my head, Yeah, I’m just thinking that it’s been an interesting few weeks working here.

I watch as he nods his head, True. Still it must be really hard to hide the scar.

I nod my head and smiles at I’m touching his hand that’s covering my bangs in the spot where they are covering my scar.

“Ya, Tao remove your hand from my sister’s face.”

I watch as Tao drops his hand from my forehead and I feel sad.

It’s so confusing.

I don’t get these feelings… I haven’t felt this way since Jung Shin and I promised myself I would never feel this again.

I touch my scar and I pull my hair, but I feel someone pull my hand.

I look up to see Tao,  “Hyun Ok-ah you need to calm down.”

I nod my head and take a few breaths as I gently squeeze his hand.

Then I look at my sister, “Unnie, where’s my present? Is this is?”

She’s looking at me oddly, “Unnie!”

She looks back at me and nods her head, “Yeah. It’s your birthday present. “

I smile as I open it pulling away the ribbon and throwing the tissue paper out behind me where I’ll probably have to clean up later.

I pull out a beautiful purple dress that feels like cashmere.

KqvRWFoeNXZ7jGvsY8uURzUI3Hxw_dksNzmddgrc

“Unnie. This is beautiful. Thank you so much.”

I jump up and wrap my sister into my arms and I still know something is wrong.

I pull away from her, “Unnie, what’s wrong?”

She pulls me bangs down and I blush realizing that EXO is in the room.

I blush as I pull down my bangs and smooth out my hair.

Tao sighs as he looks at me as he smiles at me, “You know you don’t have to hide it.”

I look at him and I see from the corner of my eyes the guys of EXO nod their heads.

“We all knew heard what happened, but we weren’t sure for sure how it scarred you.”

I nod my head and look away from them still smoothing out my bangs covering all traces of my scar.

I hear Luhan say to me, “Hyun Ok-ah you know you should be really happy that you have friends like us.”

I look at them surprised, “What? I knew I was friends with Tao, but everyone else here as well.”

I watch as they shake their heads and Sehun and Suho look insulted.

“Suho-ah, when did you ever count yourself my friend. I thought you called yourself my brother who was always out of the picture.”

He puffs out his cheeks causing me to laugh, “Wow you look worse than a chipmunk”

“Ya, dongsaeng be nice to me.” Suho whines much like he did when I did this when we were kids.

I poke his head, “Nope. I have years of teasing to make up for… Though now. I guess I have more friends to tease.”

I feel my cheeks heat up as I say that.

I look up to see Tao smiling at me from where he’s standing.

He’s seems to be keeping a distance from me since my sister flipped.

Why did she flip out on him?

What did Tao do that made her do so?

He had his hand over my scar is that why?