Do it now, Remember it later.

Do it now, Remember it later.

          BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

 

Kiseop turned off his alarm quickly. He had already been awake. He had woken up from being too cold; the heating must have turned off during the night. He had been awake for nearly a half an hour, staring out the window as snow fell from the sky.

 

There was about an inch already accumulated on the ground. Kiseop wished that there were more, so much that people would have to stay indoors for the day. There would be no school and Kiseop could waste the day by sleeping in his bed, cold or not.

 

But as his second alarm rang, the one he titled “GET THE OUT OF BED” went off he groaned and did so.

 

“Today,” Kiseop began speaking to himself as he fixed his hair, “is going to be a ty day. So why should I look good on a ty day?” When he realized he had no answer he brushed his teeth, put on his uniform, and grabbed his bag and left to catch the bus.

 

Naturally, he still looked good even with his hair disheveled and his eyes sleepy. He attempted to catch snowflakes on his tongue as he walked but just got one in his eye and gave up.

 

At the bus stop was a few of his classmates. He was quite bad with names so he didn’t attempt to remember them. Politely they said hello and Kiseop just nodded. Not in the mood to socialize, he told himself. He denied the fact that he was a loner.

 

When the bus came around he was last to get on but it didn’t matter, he knew he already had a spot waiting for him.

 

“Morning, Kiseoppie.”

 

“Morning.” Kiseop sat down on the seat tiredly, leaning his body on the red haired boy next to him. He did this every morning, so the younger boy simply smiled and poked his cheek.

 

“Kevin…why must you poke me so early in the morning?” Kiseop grumbled and buried his face in Kevin’s neck.

 

“This is routine, hyung, get used to it already.”

 

Kiseop sighed. “Whatever. Let me sleep on you now.”

 

“Okay.” Kevin gently played with Kiseop’s fingers as Kiseop slept on his shoulder. Like he said, this was routine.

 

. . .

 

“Wake up, Lee Kiseop!”

 

Kiseop’s head shot up at the sharp tone he received from his teacher. “Ah, sorry.”

 

“This happens every day; I don’t think you’re sorry.”

 

No, I’m not sorry. Let me sleep. Kiseop sighed. “Routine,” he whispered. Kevin giggled from next to him.

 

“What was that?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

Kiseop then attempted to pay attention to his teacher but he knew he’d end up just getting the notes from Kevin or Jaeseop later. He was passing all his classes but he barely paid attention when he was in class.

 

His attention was directed out the window. He loved looking at the sky. It was dark and cloudy and snow was falling heavily. Nearly six inches on the ground. Kiseop wondered when it would stop. He hated snow but he couldn’t change the seasons.

 

When his fourth class ended and he was headed to lunch he felt someone nudge him. He saw Kevin smiling next to him and he smiled sleepily back.

 

“Sit with me at lunch?” Kevin asked, his brown eyes twinkling cutely up at Kiseop.

 

Kiseop sighed. “I can’t. I have work I have to finish. You can come to the library with me, but it will be boring.”

 

The red haired boy pouted. Even at the age of sixteen Kevin pouted like a child. Kiseop thought it was cute, even though it was hard to say no to Kevin when he pouted.

 

“Fine. But tomorrow you will be in the lunchroom with me, asleep or not.” Kevin frowned slightly and looked down at his feet as they walked. “We never hang out anymore,” he murmured, probably hoping Kiseop didn’t hear how forlorn he sounded.

 

“I promise.” Kiseop held his pinky out, making Kevin smiling and hook pinkies with him.

 

“I’ll see you later!” Kevin sang as he walked down the hall in the opposite direction as Kiseop.

 

“Okay!”

 

. . .

 

Pod people. Their like pod people. Continuously looking at the same book. Stuck in a routine. Routines…Wouldn’t I be a pod person then? I’m stuck in a routine. Sleep, eat, talk to Kevin, sleep, ignore people, and sleep. Every day. I’m just like the pod people. Kiseop mused as he stared at a group of students who were all reading the same book. It seemed like they all read at the same speed, flipping pages at the same time and eyes moving exactly the same.

 

He also wondered if he would ever break out of his routine. Maybe stay awake or pay attention in a class for once. He then thought about how calm he was when he was sleeping or looking out at the sky and doubted it.

 

Speaking of skies, snow was falling down from it harder than before. It was almost a foot high.

 

It was then when the unimaginable happened.

 

The Pod People spoke.

 

“I think it’s a blizzard.”

 

“I think we will have to stay locked in school.”

 

“I think this will be a good time to catch up on my studies.”

 

“I think my mom will worry about me.”

 

Kiseop sighed, just because they finally spoke it doesn’t mean they would have anything interesting to say, he thought. But it does seem like they would be stuck in the school at how the rate of snow on the ground was increasing.

 

A teacher walked by and one of the Pod People asked if they would be locked inside the school. The teacher gave an offhand response but seemed like it was a yes. Yes, they would be locked inside the school.

 

“Well, this surely isn’t ideal.”

 

Kiseop packed his books, Jaeseop’s notes, and left the library and the mechanical Pod People.

 

. . .

 

Kiseop has seen Kevin happy, but today it was different. When Kiseop walked into the lunch room and to Kevin’s table, the younger boys eyes widened and his smile seemed to brighten.

 

“Kiseoppie! I though you were studying? Oh well, as long as you’re here now.” Kevin scooted over so Kiseop could sit down. “What made you change your mind?”

 

Kevin’s hand was holding Kiseop’s and he smiled at that. “Well, to be honest, I heard that we might be locked in the school since there’s a possible blizzard.”

 

Kevin’s smile lessened. “Oh…that’s why you came…?”

 

Kiseop nodded. “Why else?”

 

Kevin let go of Kiseop’s hand and turned back to pick at his sandwich rather than to eat it. Kiseop was momentarily confused but got over it when he locked eyes with Jaeseop.

 

“I finished with the notes, Jaeseop.” He spoke formally to Jaeseop. He didn’t think he was close enough to him like he was with Kevin. Jaeseop would prefer him to call him by his nickname and less formal. Kiseop easily forgot things like that.

 

“Airhead, its AJ. Don’t speak so formal.” AJ mumbled.

 

Kiseop nodded. “Alright, Jaeseop.” AJ’s eye twitched. “Jaeseoppie.” Kiseop felt Kevin stiffen and he turned to look at why Kevin was acting so strange. Kevin wouldn’t meet his gaze and he gave up.

 

“I think I should go…” Kiseop yawned. “I’m tired.”

 

Kevin looked as though he wanted to say something but he didn’t. AJ just bit his lip awkwardly. “Alright.”

 

With that Kiseop took his books and went to the nearest empty staircase, sat down, and fell asleep until he heard the shrill bell ring.

 

. . .

 

It was announced in fifth hour that students weren’t allowed to leave and that parents would be called to let them know of the situation. Kiseop decided that after seventh hour he would see what was up with Kevin. He seemed different recently.

 

He was rounding the corner by Kevin’s locker when he heard his name being spoken but not spoken towards him and stopped walking.

 

“I…I don’t know why he’s so…” That was Kevin’s voice.

 

“Dense?” Definitely Jae—AJ’s voice.

 

“No…that’s not the word.”

 

“Airheaded?”

 

“Yes, but that isn’t it either…”

 

“He doesn’t realize that you’ve been sending him signals. I’m sure he notices that you’ve been weird around him but he doesn’t know why. He could think they mean something else.”

 

Kiseop frowned. He didn’t know what they were talking about. He took a few steps back and continued walking as though he hadn’t eavesdropped. Kevin and AJ were quiet when he passed them and Kevin was looking away with red cheeks. AJ simply looked emotionless.

 

Kiseop sighed tiredly and walked to his class, feeling more morose than usual.

 

. . .

 

Kiseop was sleeping on the kid next to him, Elijah …Evan …Ezra … something like that (again, he’s terrible with names). He had blond hair and a sharp nose, was loud and had many friends, and for some reason let Kiseop sleep on him.

 

Eli chatted away as though there wasn’t a brown haired boy’s head in his lap. No one thought Kiseop sleeping through class strange anymore, so they never bothered to wake him up until class was over.

 

Kiseop suddenly woke up and moved out of Eli’s lap. Eli looked at him strangely.

 

“Can I ask you a question?” Kiseop asked the boy whose name he still didn’t remember even though the name wasn’t hard to forget.

 

“Yeah, sure.”

 

“What does it mean when someone “sends you signals” and that you’re “too airheaded to see them” and you aren’t sure if they are good signals or bad signals? Should I pay more attention to the person sending me signals? I don’t think I can be less airheaded, I’m sure it’s something I was born with.” Kiseop scoffed. “Anyway, what do you think I should do?”

 

“Definitely pay attention to the signals. Try to decipher them the best you can. What…what do you think these signals are?” Eli asked; he found Kiseop’s general confusion over this amusing.

 

“I…I don’t know. But I overheard someone saying that they send me signals but I don’t catch them. And that if I did catch them that I probably interpreted it wrong.”

 

Eli sighed. “Maybe the person is trying to tell you how they feel about you. Do they smile and give you affection a lot?”

 

Kiseop shrugged. “Yeah, but it’s normal. But for some reason he’s been distant ever since I said something earlier. He says we don’t see each other as often anymore. I…I don’t understand, he’s my best friend so I don’t know why he can’t just tell me what’s going on.” Kiseop sighed. “Maybe being this airheaded isn’t a good as I thought it was.”

 

Eli looked slightly shocked. “Are you…are you talking about Kevin?”

 

Kiseop nods.

 

Eli looked away. He bit hit lip, looking conflicted. He then turned his steely gaze back to Kiseop. “I think he’s trying to tell you he doesn’t want to be your best friend anymore.” Eli said bluntly.

 

Kiseop blinked. “R-really? You think so?”

 

Eli nodded. “Yeah, I do. You should probably leave him alone then, to make it easier for him.” The blond then stood up and walked to the other side of the room.

 

Kiseop was utterly perplexed. Why would Kevin want to stop being his friend? They have been friends since they were young. But it would make sense, Kiseop thought, all I do is use his notes, avoid him, and sleep rather than spend time with him. Maybe…maybe he’s realizing I’m useless and has given up on me. He’s replacing me with Jaeseop, I just know it. I just hope Jaeseop takes better care of Kevin then.

 

Feeling dejected Kiseop left his last hour and walked to his locker. Like he was programmed he robotically put his books in his bag and grabbed his jacket. He purposely avoided the hallway where Kevin would be and took the long way to the gym where all the students were supposed to go since they couldn’t leave school.

 

He sat far away from the other sophomores that sat on the bleachers, reading a book he brought instead of sleeping for a change.

 

He knew someone was staring at him but he didn’t look up. He knew it was Kevin. He constantly thought of the blond guy’s words, so much that he couldn’t pay attention to his book or fall asleep.

 

He took out his phone and sent a quick message to Kevin, asking him if he would meet him in the hallway. He then left the gym; no one was paying him any attention anyway.

 

He leaned against the wall, occasionally fixing his hair. He felt his heart beating quickly in his chest and wondered why he was so nervous. He knew Kevin would tell him that they should stop hanging out. He had already mentally prepared himself for it. But just the thought of Kevin saying those words made Kiseop’s stomach hurt.

 

He felt like he would get sick when Kevin finally showed up, looking just as nervous as Kiseop.

 

“Kiseop—“

 

“I already know.”

 

Kevin’s eyes were huge, his mouth opened then closed. And for some reason his cheeks flared red. “Kiseop…Kiseop how did you find out?”

 

Kiseop shrugged. “The signals,” I guess, Kiseop wanted to add.

 

Kevin blushed harder. “I…I didn’t know you paid—,” Kevin cleared his throat, “paid attention to those.”

 

“I know I’m airheaded.” Kiseop mumbled. “I know I sleep a lot. I’m not a good friend. I avoid you so I can sleep. And you’re right; we don’t spend time together anymore. So…so I understand if you don’t want to be my friend anymore. I mean, I wish this wouldn’t happen. You’re the closest person to me and losing you would so—“

 

“Kiseop, what are you talking about? As much as I like hearing that I mean a lot to you…what is this about me not wanting to be your friend?” Kevin looked so confused.

 

Kiseop’s eyebrow lifted. “Wait…what…huh?”

 

Kevin shook his head. “I’m not saying I don’t want to be friends with you. I’m saying I want to be more than friends.”

 

Now Kiseop looked so confused it was comical. Kevin chuckled at his friend’s expression.

 

“Okay, I’m completely lost.”

 

“You are seriously airheaded. It’s cute, Kiseoppie.”

 

Kiseop steadied himself by using the railing by the steps. “So you’re saying that you don’t hate me? You actually want to date me?”

 

Kevin nodded, blushing again. “I…I understand if that disturbs you. I just thought that…never mind.”

 

“No, no, tell me.”

 

Kevin shook his head. “It’s not important.”

 

“Yes, it is!” Kiseop exclaimed. Kevin’s eyes widened, he’s never heard Kiseop’s voice so loud. “Do you have any idea how scared I was because I thought you hated me? I felt like I was going to puke because this whole time I thought you were going to leave me and be best friends with Jaeseop.”

 

Kevin smiled and shook his head. “No, hyung that would never happen. I think it’s kind of cute how airheaded you are. And AJ can’t compare to you, I’m not interested in him like that, and he’s straight so…”

 

Kiseop sat on the stairs and covered his face. Kevin sat next to him and hugged him from the side, resting his head on his shoulder.

 

“Do you accept my feelings, hyung?” Kevin whispered in Kiseop ear.

 

Kiseop sighed and turned his head. He looked Kevin in his chocolate colored eyes and smiled. “Yeah, I’m not that airheaded to know that I definitely have feelings for you.”

 

Kevin outright laughed, causing Kiseop to laugh. “You know we have to kiss right?”

 

Kiseop’s eyebrows rose. “I…I thought that was like a second date thing.”

 

Kevin shook his head. “Nah, you have to kiss me right now.”

 

Without speaking Kiseop gently lifted Kevin’s chin up and lower down, softly pressing his lips to Kevin’s. Kevin sighed into the kiss and wrapped his arms around Kiseop’s neck and kissed back. This kiss was small but it meant a lot to them. When they parted Kevin moved his face to Kiseop’s neck.

 

“Did you really think I hated you?”

 

“Actually, that blond guy in my last hour said that’s what the signals you were giving me meant.”

 

“Eli?”

 

“Yeah, I think so. I was never good at names.”

 

Kevin pulled back, fire in his eyes. “I swear I will murder him.”

 

“Hmm, why?”

 

“Eli…well Eli likes me…ever since eighth grade. I never felt the same and said we could just be friends. He lied to you so you wouldn’t talk to me anymore.”

 

Kiseop gave a mock gasp. “He took advantage to my air headedness and used it against me. That !” But Kiseop was smiling, and soon laughing. “But I should thank that because without him we wouldn’t be kissing on these steps.”

 

Kevin blinked. “Kiseop…I think you just broke out of your shell. I’ve never seen you so…emotional. You actually swore too!”

 

“It’s about time. I…” Kiseop suddenly blushed. “I really like you Kevin, I just didn’t know in what way.” He smiled at Kevin, nearly making the younger boy faint. “I’m glad you confessed to me.”

 

Kevin kissed his cheek. “I know, Kis-oppa.”

 

“I think we should go thank Eli.”

 

. . .

 

Eli’s eyes nearly fell out of his pigeon like head when he saw Kevin and Kiseop, holding hands, walk into the gym. He had seen Kevin leave earlier and was waiting for him to come back. But when he saw Kiseop with him he knew that something must have happened.

 

Kiseop walked up to Eli and smiled. “Thanks, Eli, for giving me the balls to confront Kevin. And no, he doesn’t hate me, actually the opposite. Now we’re dating.”

 

Kevin swung their entwined hands and pulled Kiseop away and back to where AJ sat, completely alone and absorbed in his book. He just smiled in a cat-like way when he saw them and returned to his book.

 

“With snow there is love.”

 

Kiseop rolled his eyes. “Jaeseoppie, you are cheesy.”

 

Kevin nodded. “Yes, but it makes sense. This blizzard has done us some good.”

 

“For once I’m actually glad there was snow.”

 

. . .

I haven't written in a while and this is what I come up with. Probably filled with typos and mistakes. Enjoy I guess...Feedback welcome...