Kisses

When Rivalry Turns to Love

 

 

She likes him. She likes him not. She likes him. She likes him not…

 

“Hyung! Are you trying to pick all the flowers here?”

I looked at Jaejin who was staring at me as if I just murdered someone.

“What?” I asked.

He pointed at the flower in my hand.

“You’re killing all the beautiful flowers. That’s a crime,” he accused.

My eyebrows met at the center of my forehead.

“Since when did picking flowers become a crime?”

Jaejin sighed and pointed at a sign.

“It is a crime when there’s a sign saying ‘don’t pick flowers’”

I dropped the flower I am holding. I was trying to do this stuff that girls do when they want to know if someone they like likes them back. I picked their petals and whatever...

I looked around. We are in our school’s park, skipping classes again.

“Ya! Where is that slave of mine?” I asked, a bit annoyed that Jonghun is not around.

Jaejin pouted.

“Hyung, we skip classes. Jonghun-hyung doesn’t, okay?” he reminded me.

That’s impossible. I looked up, squinting while trying to view the rooftop. I bet he’s there, sleeping again.

“He’s not in class. He just used that to excuse himself from being my slave. Aish! That Jonghun!”

Jaejin looked at me, his face confused.

“If he’s not in class… where is Jonghun-hyung then?”

I pointed my lips towards the direction of the rooftop.

Jaejin smirked. “And here I thought he’s better.”

I took a deep breath and stood up.

“Oh. Where are you going, hyung?”

I didn’t answer and started walking towards our building.

 

***

 

I opened the door to the rooftop quietly. I wanted to surprise Jonghun. Unfortunately, I am the one who is surprised and shocked.

Jonghun is making out with someone.

Anger boiled inside me.

“Ya! I called.

Jonghun stopped kissing the girl he was with and turned to look at me, his eyes half-closed. I walked towards them.

“Hey, get out of here,” I said to the girl who is only too embarrassed. She ran towards the stairs.

I turned to Jonghun. He is still looking at me with his eyes half-closed.

“What are you doing?” I asked, annoyed.

He opened his eyes fully and lied down to the bench.

“Why are you here?” he asked in a bored tone.

“Ya! Aren’t you supposed to be with me at all times? What is this? You skipped class to kiss a girl?” I felt angry. I don’t know why, I just do.

He closed his eyes.

“I didn’t kiss her, it was the other way around.”

I froze. Is he really that good-looking that girls kiss him all the time?

“Anyway,” he said. “I was about to go the lawn where you and Jaejin are sitting when she dragged me here.  And bam! She kissed me.”

I scoffed.

“You seem to enjoy it,” I taunted.

He smiled sheepishly, eyes still closed.

“A bit,” he admitted.

I felt annoyed again. This guy irritates me. The girl irritates me more. If I see that-- aish! These thoughts again!

“Let’s go home,” I said in a calmer voice.

He opened his eyes.

“Don’t you have class?”

“I’m not in the mood for a boring class.”

“History?” he asked.

I nodded.

He stood up and followed me towards the stairs.

 

***

 

“Hey, get me some milk,” I ordered Jonghun as soon as we arrived at my house.

“Fine.”

I watched him walk towards the fridge. I am still annoyed with the thought of Shinhye liking Jonghun, and the fact that he just kissed a girl. That’s totally illogical, my being annoyed and all, but I can’t help but feel irritated anyway. He returned with two bottles of milk.

“Hongki, ah… hyung, the last to finish the bottle of milk will cook dinner,” he challenged.

“And why would I agree to such challenge when you’re supposed to cook my meals?”

“Ah. You’re just afraid I’ll beat you.”

Who’s afraid? Me? No way.

“Challenge accepted.”

In this mood, I’ll be able to drink faster than this idiot. I grabbed the bottle of milk from his hand and opened the lid.

“Ready, set… go!”

We drank from the bottle at the same time. He finished the milk before me.

“Ya! You were supposed to cook for me!” I complained.

He rolled his eyes.

“Fine. We’ll cook,” he compromised.

“No,” I refuse to cook. “You cook.”

Jonghun sighed.

“Hongki, a deal is a deal remember?”

“Aish! Fine, let’s cook then.”

 

***

 

“Don’t put the tuna!”

I ignored Jonghun and poured the contents of the can containing tuna on the frying pan.

“Aigoo! Do you know how to cook?” he asked, obviously irritated. Haha. His pain is my gain. “Egg, bacon and tuna don’t go together, okay?”

I rolled my eyes at him.

“Let’s add ketchup,” I said reaching for its bottle from the cupboard.

“No! No ketchup. Stop, Hongki, stop it,” he warned, trying to take the bottle of ketchup from my hands. I put it down.

“Okay. No ketchup then.”

He sighed in relief and went to get the salt from the counter. As soon as he left my side, I grabbed the ketchup and pour it into the pan. When Jonghun came back to put salt, he was horrified when he saw what I did.

“Lee Hongki, what have you done?” he asked angrily.

I shrugged my shoulders, uncaring. He made me mad earlier anyway.

“I made it better,” I stated proudly.

He pinched my ear.

“Ow!”

“That’s for messing with my cooking. Gosh, good thing I decided to help you or else…” he shook his head and then he put some salt into the pan.

After a while, he turned the stove off. We’re done cooking.

“Ya! Let’s put some soy sauce,” I suggested, holding the soy sauce’s bottle.

Jonghun’s eyes widened.

“No! I will not let you ruin this dish anymore than you did. Lee Hongki!” he tried to grab the bottle but I got it out of the way immediately.

“Soy sauce will make it taste better!” I shouted, trying to hold the bottle away from Jonghun’s reach.

“Aish! Give it to me, you idiot. What would be its taste?!”

“No!” I yelled.

“Hongki!”

I lost my balance and fell, grabbing whatever I can reach to prevent myself from totally falling on the floor—I grabbed Jonghun instead.

“No!”

I fell flat on the floor anyway-- Jonghun on top of me.

“Look at what you did, Hongki!” Jonghun tried to stand up but failed, he's still on top of me.

I didn’t think at all. I grabbed him and kissed him fully on the lips.

 

A/N

 

Late update, I know. Sorry! ^_^  Finals week.

 

Thank you for subscribing and leave comments, okay? :)

 

I'll update soon!