Hundred

When Rivalry Turns to Love

 

Hongki's POV

 

It was magic.

The moment my lips touched his, I know it was something extraordinary. His lips, red and soft-looking to my eyes, felt like marshmallow on mine. Okay, that was weird.

And then it ended.

Jonghun looked at me as if I’d grown two heads for a moment and then stood up. He went to the stove and transferred the contents of the pan onto the plate. I felt irritated once more. Why is he acting as if nothing happened?

I stood up. “Jonghun,” I called.

He raised his right hand. “Just… don’t talk for a moment,” he said, his back on me, still transferring whatever we cooked onto the plate.

I pursed my lips. I don’t know what I’m feeling. It is as if I expect him to tell me that the same enchanting thing happened to him as it happened to me when we kissed. I grimaced at the word kiss. Why would I think the kiss was wonderful, damn it.

I sat on the dining table and put my head in between my knees. Why did it feel like that? I kissed girls before and never have I felt this way. Why to Jonghun? Aish! This is so mind-boggling my head is aching.

“Eat.”

I looked up at Jonghun who is handing me a plate with food. I took it out of his hand and placed it on the table. He sat on the chair across from my seat, eyes on his plate. I studied his face.

It’s expressionless. Blank. And then I noticed the red tinge on his cheek. He’s-- blushing?

“Ya, Jonghun-ah. You’re blushing,” I noted.

He looked away from me. “I’m not blushing, you bastard. Stop staring.”

My lips twitched in a smile. “Ya! You’re blushing!”

Jonghun looked straight at me. “No, I’m not! I was just embarrassed!” his cheeks redden again.

My eyebrows shoot up. “Embarrassed?”

“Well, you know, you accidentally kissed me when you tried to stand up.”

Aish! Stupid! Babo! You crazy man! I wasn’t trying to get up when I grabbed you! I intentionally kissed you! Babo! I want to yell these words at him. So stupid, this man. How’s he getting good grades at school?

I feel angry and at the same time relieved. Why does this always happen? He always mistook my actions that I find it irritating. And then I’ll feel relieved because he has no idea I kissed him on purpose. Stupid man. I can’t tell him I kissed him because he’d ask me why I did it when I don’t even know why I did it. Earlier, when we fell, my eyes landed on his lips and then suddenly I want to feel those lips on mine. I grimaced inwardly. I’m plain curious. Just curious as to how it would feel to kiss a guy, nothing more, and nothing less.

I looked at the stupid man before me. He’s eating his meal quietly. I rolled my eyes. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

***

“And then you’ll have to divide all of this by the result of the equation…” my math teacher droned on how to solve a problem I don’t even know why we solve. I ignored her and looked at my classmates. Most are wearing bored expressions on their faces. Some are listening attentively and some are pretending to be listening. Shinhye’s taking notes, obviously. And Jonghun is doodling on the back of his notebook. He’s sitting in front of me and I know that’s what he’s doing since he’s not even looking at the board.

“And that’s it for now. Class dismissed,” my teacher grabbed her things and went out. My classmates cheered, glad the class is over. I saw Shinhye make her way towards me.

“Hongki-yah! I didn’t understand a part of the lesson, do you know how to solve this?” she opened her notebook and showed an alien equation to me.

I raised both my hands. “Nope. Don’t ask me. I didn’t even pay attention.”

She pouted. “You should have listened,” she turned to Jonghun who is putting his things inside his bag.

“How about you, Jonghun-ssi?” she asked.

He looked at Shinhye. “Sorry, I wasn’t paying attention either,” he apologized.

Shinhye smiled. “Oh, no worries. I’ll look this up later.” What’s this? It’s okay for Jonghun to not listen? She turned to me. “Hongki-yah, I saw Jaejin kiss a girl this morning,” she whispered. “I just thought you should know.” Shinhye giggled.

Kiss. That word again. I looked at Jonghun. His cheeks are burning again. Must be remembering the kiss last night. Shinhye noticed that my attention is not with her and looked at Jonghun.

She smiled. “Jonghun-ssi, you are blushing! Are you remembering a kiss from a girl?”

I coughed. Jonghun blushed more.

“No, I am not. I was just surprised. Jaejin is still young,” he reasoned.

I mentally scoffed.

Shinhye turned wistful. “Ah…” she looked at Jonghun again. “Have you been kissed?”

Jonghun looked away from her. I smiled inwardly, waiting for his answer.

“Yes,” he replied.

“By who? Is it a girl I knew?” Shinhye asked, her voice turning dark.

“Well, I’ve kissed a lot so…” he answered, still looking away.

Shinhye’s smile faded. “You’ve kissed a lot before? I see…”

Something inside me cringed. Of course he’s kissed a lot. I kissed a lot of girls before and he’s even handsomer than me. He could have kissed a hundred. I flinched at the word ‘hundred’. Pain shot through me. Aigoo… what is this…? Aish, what am I thinking? It’s because I’ve been beaten of course. It’s this contest of ours. Yes. It is just that. It's not because I'm jealous. It can't be that.

 

A/N

 

Okay, that was short. 

 

The reason is that, I really can't think of anything at the moment. After the last chapter I was like, "Oh my gosh, did I just made them kiss? What to do?!"

 

Yep. It was like that.

 

Aaand~ I made a cover! Yeee! I made it while thinking of what to write next. It might be bad but I adore it. Keke. :))

 

Anyway, Jonghun's really... callous in the story, or stupid (to Hongki). Or is he?

 

Wait for the next update!

 

Love you guys! <3