Drabble

B2ST Drabble - DongSeob

As the rain continued to come down heavily, the city kept moving, seemingly ignoring the rain. However, the city folk were moving at a faster pace than normal. To avoid getting drenched perhaps? Or to get inside and enjoy a nice, warm drink?  Yet in one area -- more specifically, a dark alley (the one near the park) -- a young man laid there, shivering and trying to stop the hysteria that was threatening to overwhelm him. 

I stayed there for God knows how long. Every part of my body hurt; every muscle ached. My throat felt like it was ripped in two, but that feeling applied more for my . Without even getting up, I knew that I was bleeding. That bastard didn't even take notice of my state. Correction: he did, but he was a sadistic ert. 

softly from the pain, I tried to move my arms at least. But that too was near impossible. It felt as if I had no energy whatsoever -- a rather surprising thing if you know me very well. I was to the point of giving up and let this slow death continue, let this rain continue to chill my black and blue body. 

But it seemed like a of luck -- actually I'm not quite sure about that -- when I heard a familiar ringtone. Bracing against the pain, I looked toward it and saw the caller ID. Seriously, it's about time that they called.  As I reached for my phone, I hoped that I wasn't breaking any more bones. It was hard to differentiate the pain; they all seemed to mesh together into this kind of death-inducing pain. 

After what felt like eons, I was able to grab my phone and flip it open. I could hear the animated voices in the background; I found it ironic that our situations were so different even though we are bandmates.  "Hello?" I panted. 

"Yoseobbie! Where are you?" he paused, "Did something happen?" 

I couldn't speak; my throat closed as tears threatened to burst out of the rickety dam I built. DooJoon-hyung? "Hyung..." I somehow managed to get the word out. 

I could almost feel him get worried in an instant. "Yoseobbie. Where are you?" 

"Help me ... Please..." I murmured, blackness threatening to blanket me, soundproofing -- everything-proofing rather -- me from reality. 

"We'll find you. We'll be there soon. I promise," he vowed. "Just stay on the phone okay?" 

I mumbled out a quiet "yea" before cursing myself for getting into this state. Of all stupid things to do, I had to walk through this dark alley. No wonder adults warn their children against doing such a thing. Of course, I would do it; I'm just that naive and oblivious.  It was starting to get harder to breathe - perhaps it's the rain? I couldn't ponder on that thought for long for I felt a new wave of pain wash over me. 

I let out a soft cry and immediately I heard another member giving reassurances. "Don't worry. We know exactly where you are now so we're coming right away." I could hear the other members clamor for a turn. "Okay fine; it's on speaker." 

"Thanks KiKwanggie-hyung." It's Dongwoon. 

"Dongwoonie..." I whispered. "Hurry..." 

"Shush. It's okay I'm coming." His voice was so soothing, calming the wave of hysteria. 

"Can't ... Breathe ... Hurts ..." I mumbled, trying to take in air. "Dongwoonie ... Help ..." 

"We're almost there. Just wait a couple of minutes. Almost there. Shush it's okay, take deep breaths okay? Shush. Don't worry. Relax." He tried to reassure me, gradually coaxing the fear away from my body.  After a few moments, my body relaxed. But strangely, I had relaxed so much that I was starting to lose my hold on reality. More sobs escaped as memories flashed across my eyes. I couldn't hear anything but my screams, his grunts, the slaps, and the pitter-patter of the rain. Once again, I could feel his hands on me, increasing the feeling that I have been dirtied. That I'm no longer sane. That I'm no longer purely myself, but a mixture of him as well as me. 

"No ... Stop..." I tried to erase them but it's hard to do such a thing when they are ingrained so deeply into my mind and soul. My tears fell unbeknown to me. There was nothing but him: his voice, his lips, his fingers, everything I wanted to forget.

"Go away, please," I begged softly, but it is useless. How can something like this go away? How can I forget something like this? It's impossible, so why do I still try?  I now felt the other members' presence around me, but I couldn't tell the difference between his fingers and theirs. There was a hand rubbing my back; I know that my bandmate was trying to soothe me, but in this semi-reality, it felt like his hand.  Curling up into a tighter ball, I tried to block everything, yet no matter how hard I attempted, it ended in vain. "Don't touch..." I panted, half-sobbing and half-screaming. 

"Yoseobbie!" a voice exclaimed. It was soft but the next couple managed to break through. "Yoseobbie! Yoseobbie!" The semi-reality melted away, leaving a black cloud.  Peeking out, I managed to make out the silhouette of a man. Oh no, it's him again!!! I yelped quietly and moved back -- as well as I could considering that I was curled up in a ball, with my muscles aching like hell.  "Shush, it's only me. Dongwoon!" he cried. 

Dongwoon? Really? I took another look and realized that it was him. Hiccuping, I tried to move closer, failing horribly. But he seemed to understand my silent desire and he pulled me into his lap, into his arms, and embraced me tightly. It seemed like my dam broke for I couldn't do anything but sob, clutching into his shirt for dear life.  "Shush, it's okay. We're here." DooJoon-hyung's voice was by my ear. 

"We're sorry Yoseobbie." It's Hyunseung-hyung. "Sorry for not being able to be with you. Sorry for not being able to help. Sorry that we couldn't beat the bastard to a pulp." His voice grew harsh, something that doesn't happen often. Something else was different; Hyunseung-hyung cursed. Surprisingly. 

I couldn't reply, but I was grateful for that. It's nice to know that they could share a part of the pain; it made it more bearable. I could feel Dongwoon's arms tighten, but I didn't mind. It felt wonderful to feel safe again. I didn't realize that I still had so many tears left; I thought that I used them up when he ... me. I can finally acknowledge it: I was by a sadistic ert. Now that I managed to acknowledge it, does this mean that I'm on the road of recovery? That I took the first step in healing as well as I could? I hope so because I really don't want this to hinder my life and career. 

Kikwang and Junhyung haven't spoken a word. Perhaps they think that words won't be enough. But I can feel their hands around my body, giving me silent comfort. We stayed like this until my sobbing turned into soft whimpering. 

"I think we should go to the hospital. They'll be able to use a kit on him. We'll be better off knowing how to help than without that knowledge. And perhaps they'll identify the bastard who dared to harm our Yoseobbie." I could tell that he was really furious. He never curses. But his voice was so cold and soft. If I weren't so distraught, I would be deathly afraid of Doojoon-hyung right now. 

Dongwoon started to get up, still holding onto my trembling body. Letting out a small whimper, I snuggled closer, almost trying to steal his warmth to cleanse myself. But I know that this isn't possible. I will continue to be dirty no matter how hard I try to erase this. He didn't seem to mind, allowing my tears to drench his shirt, allowing my hands to imprint his shirt into my skin, allowing my trembling body to hold onto his.  I felt a cloth -- a blanket perhaps? -- and in a few agonizing seconds, I was wrapped up. Even though I had lost my ity, I was not ready to lose my pride and dignity as a human being as well. But then again, I kinda did lose my dignity a while ago. I still have my pride to some degree but I don't see how that's going to help me now. 

We walked back to the van -- actually they walked and I was carried. Any small movement brought another wave of pain; but Dongwoon continued to try to make the walk as smooth as possible.  But the van was another problem; there are two single seats in the middle and a three-seated in the back. Usually, Doojoon-hyung, as the leader, sat in the passenger seat, with everyone else fighting for their favorite seats. Now that I refused to let go of Dongwoon, everyone piled into the back, the said person in one if the middle seats.  I could feel Manager-hyung's glance fall on me, but thankfully, he didn't say anything and quietly followed Doojoon-hyung's command -- of sorts -- to go to the hospital. 

Throughout the drive there, I could feel the unevenness of the road; every time the van jumped, the impact sent waves of pain; as a result of the ill-kept roads, my whimpers resounded quietly off of the walls of the van. At one point, I felt someone's hand on my shoulder, which I took into one of my  own, grasping tightly while in pain. Dongwoon hummed softly, and I felt the soft vibrations throughout my body, which felt rather comforting. The tension eased out, and like before, I relaxed a bit too much; and blackness blanketed over me, yet this time, it was a peaceful sleep. 

 

I could hear voices. They were .... hesitant? Is something wrong? I struggled to erase this blackness, no longer peaceful. The voices changed; they were now worried and hurried. I'm so close, the light, so near. But then blackness enveloped me again. 

 

There was this ... thing. I don't even know how to describe it. There were vines but they were transparent. There were petals but they were made of glass. There were thorns, but they aren't sharp. It felt like I was walking on clouds, all fluffy and soft, but my feet didn't sink down as I expected they would. It's strange, but at the same time I became curious. How could these things be the same yet so different than what they are supposed to be? Rose thorns are sharp. Feet sink in fluffy materials. Vines are opaque. Petals are soft and are not made of glass. I don't get it. 

Do you like this my darling Yoseob?

I looked around trying to see where the voice is coming from. It was him; the same lilt is there; it has to be him. 

-Ah, I am everywhere and yet nowhere. Charming, isn't it?

Very, I replied sarcastically, noting the paradox he said, like the ones around me. What do you want  now?

Ouch. That's harsh. The voice paused, seemingly thinking. About what I have no idea. Well I suppose that this is my final gift to you. I will be here forever, if you need me.

WHAT THE HELL? Why would I need you? After what you did to me, do you think that I have no pride or dignity whatsoever to come to you willingly? You, who abused my body and mind for your own selfish needs! Do you think that I'm that pathetic? You've got the wrong impression mister. I will NEVER need you and I will never come into this place. Now goodbye and good riddance!  I turned around and made my way back towards reality.

But not before hearing him cackle, yelling -I- We'll see my darling Yoseob! We'll see! -I- 

And once again, I fell back into darkness.  This time I could open my eyes; a crack. But the light was so bright, too bright. Squinting, I tried to make out the blurry shapes. A chair. A cabinet. A small bed. A body, alive mind you. The wires and other hospital equipment. Wait, hospital equipment? Blinking several times. Yes, I guess I am in a hospital now. Did I faint or something? How long have I been here?  A small whimper escaped my lips, waking up the person. Dongwoon.

"Oh good. You're awake." He got up and helped me sit up. "How do you feel?" 

I shrugged. "Not much different than before. But the pain is gone." My voice is now all raspy, perhaps from the lack of usage? "How long...?" 

"About a week." That explains it. 

"What happened?" 

He sighed. "Well, you fainted as we were driving to the hospital. When we got here, you were put into this room. DooJoon-hyung already called you in and, by pulling some strings I guess, got this room ready. The doctors took you away when we got inside. The rest of us waited outside the surgery room." 

My eyes widened. "S-surgery?" 

"Yeah," he nodded. "It turns out that your rectum was torn quite badly. They had to stitch you up. Not only that; you had a few broken ribs, as well as a rather deep cut on your head and some on your thighs which also had to be stitched. You lost a more blood than the doctors expected, so you got a small transfusion. And then, the next day, you were in that semi-real state and started fighting the nurses; so you had to be sedated. I guess you fell unconscious again." He paused, "The members have been really worried. The company halted our activities and our album date has been postponed. Um... Oh! Our house has been filled to the brim with gifts and stuff from fans, family, friends, and company officials."

"Do they know?" 

"The company didn't want to tell the truth, but DooJoon-hyung didn't want to hide anything from the fans. He said that you would feel the same. So we just said that you were abused because Hyunsaeng-hyung was adamant about you telling the public by yourself when you feel ready to do so." 

"I'm sorry," I whispered, my eyes were downcast I mean I couldn't even look at him. "It's all my fault." 

"Shush. It's not entirely yours. We all make mistakes. And besides, it's more of that man's fault than yours because he could have controlled himself instead of jumping on you." He moved to sit on the edge of the bed. His hands were holding mine. His voice was low and had a small lilt to it; but it was different from his lilt; it was more soothing and musical. Not like his.  After a while, he spoke quietly. "Yoseobbie-hyung." 

"Yes?" 

"You know that I'm always here for you, right?" I nodded. "So you can tell me anything." I nodded again. He paused, hesitating slightly, "So, do you want to tell me what happened that night? Please?" I ducked my head, eyes involuntarily tearing up. "It might make the pain subside a little." 

I shook my head. "I'm sorry. I can't; it's too ..." My voice trailed off, and memories flitted across my eyes, teasingly bringing back his aura. To stop the torture, I tightened my hold on Dongwoon, my nails biting into his skin. But he didn't seem to mind, letting me inflict pain on him to lessen my own. A moment passed. Another second. Then, they vanished, leaving my trembling body hoping for comfort. Comfort that I found in Dongwoon's arms as he wrapped them around my body, carefully yet snugly. 

"It's okay, I understand." He murmured into my ear. His breath tickled my neck, but it wasn't a bad feeling like with him; it was sweet and warm. I don't know how to explain it. It was that warm fuzzy feeling that everyone talks about. That's what I felt with him.  Perhaps I will tell him tomorrow, but I don't think that will happen. But I will tell him someday. That I promise myself and him. 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finished So what do you guys think??? Should I make a sequel or what? XD COMMENTS ARE WELL LOVED AND RECEIVED! ^_^ <3