Chapter 7

Andante
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“And, in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.” ― Paul McCartney, The Beatles Illustrated Lyrics

----------

 

“Hey, hey guys, listen!” Hongki was standing in front of the class right after it ended, “I have a few things to announce, would you guys listen to me? 5 minutes!”

The class was chaotic and chit chats were heard everywhere, most of the students were talking animatedly with their friends about what would they do since the class had already ended.

Lee Hongki couldn’t take it anymore. “LISTEN TO ME!” He cried.

Apparently it was loud enough since the whole class’ attention diverted to him. “Thank you very much,” Hongki cleared his throat.

“What is it, dude? I’m about to go!” Lee Jonghyun tapped his fingers impatiently on the desk.

Hongki raised his eyebrows, “It’s about our orchestral performance,” he stopped for a while and continued, “Dude.”

Jonghyun’s mouth formed an O and he nodded, “Okay I’m good.”

“So, Miss Kim suggested three pieces, Beethoven’s Symphony Number 7, Haydn’s Symphony Number 104 in D major, and Klughardt’s Concert Ouverture. Pick one. We shall do the voting.” Hongki put on a swanky expression on his face, “One student one paper, please. And put it on this desk after you choose.” He pointed to the lecturer’s desk beside him.

The whole class became chaotic again; some of the students who already knew the pieces influenced other students who knew nothing to choose their favorites.

Sooyoung nudged Yuri and whispered, “Hey, Yul, what do you choose?”

Yuri looked at Sooyoung with a disgusted look on her face, “Please, Choi, the essence of voting is keeping our choices as a secret.”

Sooyoung pouted, “So now you’re keeping secrets? Where are our sweet promises of forever, Yul? Where are those promises? Huh?!”

Yuri raised her eyebrows, “Can’t believe you’re the one who’s telling me that. Nah, I was just joking.” She laughed.

Sooyoung rolled her eyes, “Now tell me. I know Klughardt’s piece is as difficult as hell and Haydn’s waaay too common. Am I right?”

Yuri nodded, “I’m going for Beethoven’s. Favorite.” She flicked her pen and started to write her choice on a piece of paper.

Sooyoung grinned, “I’m about to choose the same piece. Now I know why you’re my best friend, Yul,” Sooyoung put a melancholic look on her face.

Yuri snorted, “Tell me about it.”

“Now guys!” Hongki’s voice was heard again, “The voting time is over, hand me your papers and we’ll see the result in no time.” He turned his head and called Kikwang, “Kikwang! Help me out here, will you?”

Kikwang stood up in an instance, hearing that Hongki called him, “Yes, bosseu-ssi.”

Sooyoung walked to the front of the class and busily folded her paper. When the paper was folded perfectly, she grinned and put in on the lecturer’s desk.

“Thank you,” Kikwang, who was standing behind the desk, smiled to her.

“You’re welcome,” Sooyoung replied with a smile. When she was walking back to her seat, she accidentally bumped into someone. She almost fell down… if the person she bumped into didn’t hold her wrist, she might have fallen down.

“Hey, watch where you’re going.”

“Oh, I’m so…” She raised her head and saw that she was bumping on Luhan.

“It’s you,” she sighed in relieve, “I thought it was someone else.”

Luhan raised his eyebrow, “You’re so…?”

“Rry,” Sooyoung quickly continued, “And thanks. If it’s not for you, I might have fallen down and embarrassed myself.” She grinned.

“Watch your steps, Choi.” He said.

Sooyoung answered with a smile and when she was about to walk away, she felt something, or someone, forced her to stand right where she was. She looked back and saw Luhan was still standing there… and he was still holding her wrist.

“Yeah?” He asked her absent-mindedly when she saw her turning back and facing him again.

Sooyoung smiled apologetically and whispered, “Luhanney… My… wrist…” She pointed at her wrist which he was holding.

He was snapped back to reality in an instance and quickly released her wrist, he laughed awkwardly, “Oh, sorry Sooyoung,” he scratched his head, turned back, and walked away.

Sooyoung was confused for a split second, and then she shrugged and walked back to her seat. Yuri was wriggling her eyebrows when she saw Sooyoung nearing her.

“I saw that.” She grinned smugly.

“Saw what?” Sooyoung asked defensively.

“You guys were…” Before Yuri could continue, another scream from Hongki was heard.

“Guys! The piece has been decided!” He smiled triumphantly.

Sooyoung and Yuri checked the board and saw that Beethoven’s piece was picked by most of their classmates. They looked at each other and smiled happily, “Kyaaa! Beethoven’s!”

Hongki grinned, “Then Beethoven it is! I’ll inform Miss Kim about the result ASAP,” He put another smug expression on his face, “And I,” he pointed to his chest, “Will inform you guys,” he pointed to other students, “When we will start practicing. To those who play instruments that are not included in this piece, you guys can come to the practice and cheer for us for the performance. Ok that’s it. Now off you go.”

“Ewww what’s wrong with him?” Yuri looked at Hongki in disgust, “Acting so bossy…”

Sooyoung laughed, “What, don’t you like him being bossy?”

Yuri wrinkled her nose in disgust, “Even if the world has no other guys in it, I would never like him.”

Sooyoung laughed again, “Come on, I’m hungry,” she stood up. Yuri lazily followed her.

----------

 

“So, I was just walking down the corridor when I felt that someone was following me!” Yuri told Sooyoung with a dramatic expression on her face.

Sooyoung sipped her chocolate milkshake, her eyes went round, “And then what happened?”

Both of them were in the cafeteria, having their evening snacks before going home. Yuri was telling Sooyoung a scary story, well; Yuri considered that story as scary, which happened to her yesterday after the class.

Yuri started munching her cheesecake, “I was as scared as hell! I was all alone and… those footsteps!”

Sooyoung shuddered, “Why didn’t you just run or cry for help or…”

Yuri shook her head dramatically, “I can’t, Choi. There was no one around, and I repeat, no one. And my legs felt like jelly!”

“And then what did you do?” Sooyoung asked as she in a sharp breath.

“I braced myself and turned around.”

“You didn’t!” Sooyoung snorted.

“Hey, I’m not a scaredy cat like you, Choi. I did turn around and…” Yuri put on a mysterious expression on her face.

“…A-and?”

“I saw…”

“What? You saw what?” Sooyoung’s eyes was widening in horror.

“The janitor! He was sweeping the floor behind me! Hahaha! Gotcha!” Yuri laughed and pointed at Sooyoung’s bewildered face, “Your face is priceless, Soo!”

Sooyoung pouted, “I thought you saw a ghost or something…”

Yuri shook her head in amusement, “Naaah, it was just 6 PM actually. Some students were still around. My God, you’re so…” She stopped and laughed maniacally.

“That’s not funny!” Sooyoung frowned, “I was taking you seriously…”

“Sorry, sorry,” Still laughing, Yuri continued, “But I was scared that time. I thought that the person might be my stalker or something…”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes, “You have no stalker, Yul.”

“I have!” Yuri defended while sipping her orange juice, “There’s this guy from History class…” when suddenly she stopped and looked stunned seeing something, or maybe someone, behind Sooyoung.

“What?” Sooyoung asked her and turned her back, only to face a standing Luhan.

“Um…” He grinned sheepishly once she faced him.

“I-I…” Yuri stuttered, looking at both Luhan and Sooyoung alternately, “I’ll be at the libra-”

“No.” Sooyoung cut her, “You, stay where you are.” Sooyoung turned her attention to Luhan, “Hey. What’s up?”

“I…”

“Have a seat,” Sooyoung tapped the empty seat beside her, “Is this about the duet?”

Luhan took his seat and nodded, “I was just wondering, when you will have the time to discuss it. I mean,” He cleared his throat, “Miss Kim said the deadline is within this week right, and today is Tuesday…”

“Let me think,” Sooyoung furrowed her eyebrows, “What about tomorrow? After the piano class?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter