Even If It hurts... Goodbye...

In L♥Ve With My Roomate Boyfriend

Chapter 34 - Even If It hurts... Goodbye.

 

Serenely spleeping, Miri felt pokes on her cheek. She didn't want to wake up, but those pokes continued. 

"What~?" She tried to speak. The person just smiled and continued to poke her. So she decided to wake up. 

She got up and her eyes started to open slowly. A girl with a big smile appeared in front of her. 

"Miri!!" Eun Mi suddenly hugged her.

"Huh? Eun Mi?" 

"How are you? Did you have fun? How was your christmas?" She started to attack Miri with question, Miri not knowing which should she answer first.

But before she could say one word Eun Mi grabbed Miri's face.

"What happened?" She was refering to Miri's swollen eyes. Miri looked away.

"Nothing..."

"Were you crying?" Asked worried. Miri got up from her bed and shook her head.

"Anii! I spent all night working on my school assignment..." Miri tried to explain. Miri was about to leave the room heading to the bathroom, when she stopped and smiled to Eun Mi.

"Welcome back!"

 

*************

 

Eun Mi's POV

 

What's wrong with everybody... 

Taemin was acting strange yesterday. It worries me... a lot.

And today... He didn't even call me. Today!

How could he forget?

I'm now, in front of his dorm door. As I knock a huge wave of anxiety me. I don't know why I'm having this bad feeling...

 

"Eun Mi?" Key opened the door surprised. I smiled and greet him. "How was your Christmas? And Busan?" He asked letting me in.

"Great! I'm happy that I visited my family... " I looked around searching for Taemin, I had a gift package in my hands. "Can I talk with Taemin?

"Huh... Yeah. He's at Minho's room with Minho and Jong...” He said. “If you want I can go call him.”

“Oh, Yeah, if you don’t mind.” I said, flashing a bright smile.

Key nodded and kissed my cheek, walking afterwards to Minho’s room. As I sat on Taemin’s bed, I started looking around. His shoes were in the same place as always: organized by color in a shoe rack next to his cupboard.

As I laid my eyes on the first drawer, I noticed it wasn’t completely shut.

Letting my control freak side take over me, I stood up and walked to the drawer. It was filled with clothes, yet a folded paper sheet drew my attention.
“Hum? What’s this...?” I mumbled, before grabbing the paper I placed a my gift to Taemin on the desk.

Somehow, the paper made me feel curious...

As I opened it, I saw a colored picture. I would’ve smiled if it was one of SHINee’s trips memoirs, I would’ve scoffed if it was a picture of a woman... But all I could do was stand there, speechless.

Taemin was kissing another girl.

A girl who lives in my house.

“No...” I mumbled, as a cold feeling struck my spine. My hands started to tremble; It felt like a venom running through my veins, paralyzing me.

I didn’t feel the photo slipping of my fingers, as I stood there, lost in my own thoughts, trying not to believe what I had just seen.

“He loves you...” “It can’t be true” “She is my friend...”

As hard as I tried…. Nothing happened… I couldn’t calm myself down.

After a few seconds, I heard voices across the hall. I recognized one of them.

My legs were trembling, as I stared at the door. Taemin couldn’t see me that way, tears rolling over my cheek, carrying a dead expression.

I was thinking of leaving, when I heard Tae calling me.

“Eun Mi-ah!”

I waited until he got in the room. I crossed my arms and stared at the picture laid on the bedroom’s carpet. I even noticed a drop of tear falling on it.

“Hey, what’s up?” He smiled to me.

I didn’t answer, and I raised my head to look at him.

“Hey, you ok?” He asked, frowning. He was about to approach, but he stepped on the picture and looked at it.

It took only two seconds for him to notice what picture it was. 

I wanted to see his expression. Would he cry and beg for apology? Would he hesitate and make up some lie to explain? Or neither?

But he limited to close his eyes and give a big sigh.

 

 

No One's POV

 

Miri was finishing to pack all her belongings in her luggage. Her flight was set to tomorow in the afternoon. 

*As soon as possible...* She thought.

Suddenly a noise came from the living room. So she assumed that Eun Mi was back.

She decided. She had to talk with Eun Mi now. She had to tell her that she was leaving, and the reason behind it.

"Unnie..." She called going to the living room. 

Eun Mi took her favorite heels and threw them to the floor. Her head was looking down and her movements were tired.

Miri approached her worried.

"Unnie are you okay?" She was about to hold her shoulder, but Eun Mi slapped her hand.

 

EunMi looked up, and looked with contempt Miri. Her face was full of tears.
Taemin's words echoed in her mind constantly.
 

 

"I'm not going to lie... at first it wasn't my intention, but it happened. We kissed. I thought she was you. But when the pictures came out I got perplexed. I still loved you, but after spending some time with her... and after our second kiss..."

"Second kiss??" Eun Mi flooded with tears asked stunned with Taemin's words. She couldn't believe them... She didn't want to believe them...

Taemin sighed replied.

"Yes... I'm sorry... I couldn't get her out of my mind.... And the impulsive and emotional side of me acted!"

"Y-You two..." She sobbed. "... I can't believe it... My boyfriend and my roomate cheated on me..." She fell on the floor and cried her heart out.

"It's not her fault... never been. It's all my fault. I'm the one who kissed her... She was the one who always backed off the kisses... I'm responsible for everything..." He kneeled in front of her trying to get her up.

 


 

"Unnie..." Miri startled looked at the teary Eun Mi. She tried to approach again. "Please... Tell me wh-"

 

*Slap*

 

She slapped her... Eun Mi left Miri with a red burning face. Miri fell weakly on the floor.

"You..." Eun Mi began to speak, but she stopped. Her disgust and her pain was immense. She only took her other heel and walked to her room.

"Please... Tell me... what happened." 

Eun Mi stopped and turn to her.

"YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TALK TO ME, AFTER HITTING ON MY BOYFRIEND!" Eun Mi yelled with all her lungs.

Miri's eyes widened. She found out about the kisses...

"I'm leaving... Tomorrow..." Was all Miri managed to say. 

"Great."

After that Eun Mi locked her self in her room all night.

 

 

********

 

Text Message: Oppa, can we meet?

Reply: Sure.

 

********

 

Next day. In the afternoon.

 

Onew and Miri's Theme

Miri's POV

 

Can this cold get any worse?

Today is freezing and is snowing a lot.

Though I can't deny how beautiful the snow makes this place. 

But I'm not in the mood to contemplate it. 

The day had finally arrived. 

Ironically, It's New Year's Eve.

I'm going to make a full day flight and go to next year in a plane, without my family and the people I love. 

I made this choice so I'm not going to complain.

 

As I walk to the meeting place I practice my lie. 

Yes. I'm doing it. I'm going to lie to my bestfriend because I don't want to hurt him further more. 

Although I care for him a lot, I can't love him in that way. 

 

Onew...

 

He's here already...

My heart is feeling so heavy...

 

"Oppa..." I call as I approach him. He was looking at the river.

He, then, turns to me. But he didn't smile like always...

"Hi." I said still looking at him.

"Hi." He replied, he then turned to the river again.

 

A silence followed. 

It felt awkward and sad.

I had no time. My flight was about to leave in 30 minutes.

As I look at him I realize... I can't lie to him...

 

"I'm leaving..." I got straight to the point.

Onew turned to me confused. So I repeat it again, and I said it more specifically.

 

"Onew Oppa. I'm leaving Korea. I'm returning home. Today..."

His lips  separated slightly in shock. His deep eyes widened. He tried to speak but no sound was omitted. He, then, tried again.

"W-What? What do you mean with going back home? You are coming back right?" 

 

I shook my head.

Onew started to tremble. I don't think it is because of the cold...

My heart just ripped inside my chest.

"Wae? huh? WHY are you leaving??" He held my hands afflicted.

"Stuffs happened... and... I can't handle them..."

"Is it because of my confession? I CAN STOP loving you... Please stay!"

 

My tears started to fall. I shook once more.

"Ani... It's not because of you... I'm sorry if I'm being selfish. I thought I would be okay but I found out that I won't..."

"Don't leave! I'll regret in my whole life..."

I lift my eyes to his.

 

"What? I already told you, It's not your fault."

He sighed.

 

"Taemin... Don't leave Taemin... " He spit.

 

Taemin? Taemin?

Hearing his name was like if I got breathless in that moment. My heart was squeezing, my body felt tired and weak. My tears fell more and more.

"Oppa... He-He won't-"

"He loves you."

 

My skin burned.

My face fell.

My mind blanked.

My body died.

 

That statement got me on my nerves. It pissed me off.

"Right, huh, I'm going now. Bye Oppa. I'll really miss you." I hugged him as if I heard nothing.

"You don't believe me?" He asked startled.

"Look. You really didn't need to do this." I said clearly angry. "Hitting me on my weakest spot? Do you think that saying that will make me stay?"

"Miri, It's NOT a lie! He really loves you! Although I found out about that I didn't tell you. I was afraid that you would go to him. I liked you a lot so I got selfish about your feelings."

 

I took a deep breath.

"I just can't believe at something that doesn't seem true. If he really loves me he should have already told me, he really loves me he wouldn't act like I don't exist, he really loves me, if he really loves me he wouldn't still be dating Eun Mi. Just face it. He doesn't love me. He loves Eun Mi and it should be this way."

"It's not that easy." Onew said.

 

I looked at my wrist watch. 

"Oh my god. I have to go..." I started to walk away.

I stopped walking and ran back to him. I gave him a tight hug. "I'll miss you... Tell boys that I'll miss them too... and thank you for everything..."

He nodded.

I started again to walk away. I looked back and I flashed a smile at him. His sad eyes were looking distressed. He suddenly started to run to the other way. 

I sighed and made my way.