Chapter 3: Negotiations

To Your Heart

 


 

 

 

Chapter 3: Negotiations

 

 

 

 

"Yesung Hyung. I think I might have screwed up." Kyuhyun mumbled into his phone while rubbing his hair with a handkerchief.

Kyuhyun was currently in the confines of his black audi and had the heater to the maximum level.





Yesung's amused voice came through the phone,"On what level are you screwed up?"


Kyuhyun swallowed embarrassedly before answering slowly,"He..he splashed me with a glass of water."




"What?! Are you serious? Wow..this guy seems really admirable." Yesung's rich laughter evaded the atmosphere.

Kyuhyun whined in protest,"Hyung, you're supposed to be on my side!"





"Well...well Looks like Kyuhyunnie has met his match after all."

Kyuhyun sighed and cradled his cheeks," What should I do, Hyung? Umma and Noona are gonna kill me."




Yesung deadpanned," Why didnt you think of that before,huh? What did you say to him anyway?"


 



Kyuhyun mumbled," I offered him a cheque so that he would break the engagement."

"What?! Are you serious?" Yesung shrieked.


 



"And I also called him a worthless filthy gold digger." Kyuhyun mumbled in a low voice.




"YAH. CHO KYUHYUN. ARE YOU MAD?"

"But.. but he was all over the server and.. and.. I thought.. " Kyuhyun protested.




"Oh my goodness, you lil jerk. I wouldn't blame Sungmin-shi if he would have slapped you..or even punched you for that." Yesung replied incrediously.

"But hyung.."




Yesung sighed audibally," Your Umma and Sungmin's Umma had arranged this betrothal before you were born Kyuhyun-ah. The poor guy had no hand in it at all. You did not know?"

"Just get home as soon as possible,alright? Kyuhyun, are you listening to me?"




"Maybe.."





"Kyuhyun-ah..." Yesung spoke warningly into the phone.

"Alright alright.. I'll be there in a couple of minutes." Kyuhyun answered starting the ignition of the car.




~~~~~~~




"Hannah, Sungminnie is very very angry right now. I dont know what to do at all. He refuses to say a word ever since he came in and Unnie, Im really worried." Sunhee spoke anxiously into the phone twirling the telephone cord in her fingers.


"Sunhee, I'll talk to Kyuhyun-ah. Dont you worry about our babies, alright? Everything will work out just alright. Trust me, okay?" Hannah answered comfortingly.



 




"I think I hear Sungmin coming downstairs, I'll keep in touch with you Unnie." Sunhee replied while craning her neck to see Sungmin walking downstairs, looking much calmer than before.


"Alright, Sunhee. Kyuhyun-ah should be back home soon.Trust me, in a year from now. Our babies are going to thank us for bringing them together. I just feel it." Hannah smiled softly.



 



Sunhee answered softly "I hope so, Unnie. I certainly hope so.."


 

 


"Umma.." Sungmin started abruptly.

Chunhwa glanced at his wife comfortingly and patted a spot on the couch asking her to sit beside him.




"I cannot see this guy anymore Umma...I tried to be nice, Appa. I really did..." Sungmin said seriously.






"I waited for him nearly two hours, thinking he might have been caught up somewhere. I can understand that. But him, judging me? Calling me worthless and a filthy gold digger, I cannot take that. I just cannot."


Chunhwa gaped," Kyuhyun-ah said that?"

 

 



Sungmin narrowed his eyes and simply nodded.






Sunhee glanced at her husband worriedly," But Kyuhyun-ah is not usually like that Ming. He must have had some problems."


"Problems? What sort of problems gives him the right to insult before even actually knowing anything about me? " Sungmin asked incrediously.




 



"Sungmin-ah, Calm down dear.." Sunhee tried anxiously.


Sungmin sighed and clenched his palms together," He said that I was in for the betrothal for the money, Umma. Can you believe that? Offering me a cheque thinking Im a cheap two penny person.."






Sunhee stood up and sat down beside her son, pressing Sungmin's shoulders comfortingly," Its all a big misunderstanding, Sungmin. If you would just meet him once agai.."


" Meet him again? For what? There is no way Im gonna meet him again! Next time I wouldnt be so merciful, Umma. I might punch him in the face if he tries being sassy and egoistic with me." Sungmin answered sharply.



 




Chunhwa glanced at his wife's crestfallen form and sat up straight,"How about I tell you, Sungmin-ah. That the pastry studio you're saving for? I'll invest the remaining amount in for you."

Sungmin's eyes widened in surprise," Really Appa? Oh my God. You'll invest in my project?"






Chunhwa smiled softly at his son's bright face," I know you've been saving up since years for starting up your own cake studio, Sungmin-ah. I'll do it, but only on one condition.."


Sungmin answered immediately,"Which is?"





It had been Sungmin's biggest dream, of owning his own cake studio. The man was always wanted to be a patissier
and had been saving now for almost two years to start his own studio. Sungmin was really passionate about being a patissier.

 

 

 

And Sungjin's slightly bloated tummy was the result of all the samples that his elder brother fed him.

 



The reason why he was working under the creepy boss, Kibum. The reason why he was slogging ever since he graduated was all for the bakery dream. Sungmin had refused help from anyone. He wanted to do it all by himself.




But he was so close to earning the complete amount, just a half a year more of salary and he would be ready to buy his own cake studio. And then things were going really slow at office as well. Commisions were a rarity due to the economy and sales.

 


 


Sungmin wanted to raise the amount all by himself. He really wanted to. But then waiting for another year? He wasnt that keen on it. And the temptation of finally seeing his dream so close was too great.

Plus he could always return his Appa's investment in a year. But as of now, his Appa's proposal sounded really good. Except for the condition. Whatever it was. But Sungmin had a tiny idea about what it could be.



~~~~~~~

 



Hannah glared as her son quietly shut the front door and tried to escape upstairs. So much for being so arrogant and hot tempered, Kyuhyun was a childish baby at home.

Extremely protective of his family and very judgemental when it came to strangers. And Hannah exactly knew what her son must have said to Sungmin to make a generally sweet tempered man, extremely angry.


 

 



Of course she knew about Sungmin. Hannah and Sunhee had been keep tabs on their children.

 

When Kyuhyun had turned five, her husband had been transferred to China, on a very important business matter which proved to be extremely benificial to them. So they had lived in Hong Kong for nearly 19 years and had relocated to Seoul, just a couple of months ago.

 

 



Sunhee and Hannah knew most about their children, they often exchanged letters and emails, keeping tabs on them, and of course Sungmin and Kyuhyun had no ideas about it. They did not want their children to freak out about it. But the recent happenings, Hannah did not approve of her son's uptight rude behaviour at all.

 

 

Not even a single bit.





"Cho Kyuhyun. Stay right there." Hannah commanded sharply as Kyuhyun attempted to flee upstairs.


Kyuhyun yelped and skipped out of his mother's reach as Hannah attempted to smack his head.




"What did you say to Sungmin-ah? Did you threaten him?" Hannah scolded her son.


Kyuhyun mumbled in a low voice," Maybe..?"




Hannah sighed audibally and scolded," How many times have I told you not everyone is like that? And Sungminnie is certainly does not classify under that category."


"Yesung called me a couple of minutes ago, Kyubaby. And I told Umma about what you said to Sungmin." Ahra narrowed her eyes at her little brother.

 

 

 


"Noona.." Kyuhyun fidgeted under the hot gaze of Hannah and Ahra.



 


YoungHwan swung open the kitchen door and entered the drawing room. He remarked," Kyuhyun? That deal with Mr. Kim. I forbid you from dealing with it."


Kyuhyun immediately protested,"Appa.."


 




Ahra answered sharply," No Kyubaby. You listen to me. Do you think someone who is a gold digger according to your pea sized brain. Would such a person wait for your stupid for nearly two hours? And what were you doing showing up so late anyway,huh?"



Kyuhyun's shoulders lowered and he mumbled,"I was signing documents, Noona. They were extremely important and a huge client had been giving us troubles, Appa. I had to arrange a board meeting with my staff.."


 

 




YoungHwan answered gently," Kyuhyun-ah. I can understand all of that but it's no reason for your behaviour to Sungmin-shi.What you did was extremely mean and downright rude. Is that what Umma and Appa taught you, Kyuhyun-ah?"


Kyuhyun shook his head,"I know I screwed up guys. But Appa, let me handle the deal with Mr. Kim. Please, Appa. I'll do anything."




 




Ahra raised an eyebrow in response," Anything?'

 


YoungHwan clapped his baby son's shoulders," I'll allow you to handle the deal if you apologize to Sungmin."

Kyuhyun yelped," A-apologize?"



 




Hannah sighed and remarked," Yes. Kyuhyunnie. Apologize. You're gonna call Sungmin right now in front of us and apologize to him. And you're gonna sort this misunderstanding.."

 



Kyuhyun sighed in resignation," Fine.. "

"But what if he refuses to listen?"




Hannah rolled her eyes," That wouldnt surprise me at all. I'll speak to Sungmin-ah first and then you can talk to him,alright?"


Kyuhyun gulped slightly and nodded his head not at all looking forward to the phone call at all.

 

 



~~~~~~~
 



"Sunhee, It's me. Can I talk to Sungmin-ah please?" Hannah asked after dialling The Lee Residency's number.

"Is everything alright, Hannah?" Sunhee asked worriedly after motioning Sungjin to go upstairs to call Sungmin.

 

 



Sungjin nodded his head understandingly and flew upstairs. He banged Sungmin's door noisly and flung open the door.

"Hyung-nim" Sungjin exclaimed while flinging himself on Sungmin who was resting on his back while listening to his player.

 

 

 


"Jin-ah . What are you doing?!" Sungmin yelled as he felt his baby brother jumping on top of him.


"Hyung, I think you're in trouble.." Sungjin mumbled against the fabric of Sungmin's shirt.

 

 



Sungmin patted Sungjin's back affectionately and answered," Im in trouble? Is it for splashing that jerk?"


Sungjin laughed," Maybe. But seriously Sungmin Hyung. That was really cool. Im surprised you did not punch him or something.."

 

 



Sungmin smiled softly," Yeah. It was pretty cool. But now thinking about it, his face when I splashed water on him? Priceless."


Sungjin chuckled while getting off on top of his elder brother. He settled on the bed beside Sungmin and remarked, " Umma is asking for you, Hyung.."

 

 



Sungmin sighed and swung his legs onto the cold wooden floor," Alright. I'll be back soon."

 



Sunhee beckoned  her son to walk closer and covering the speaking part of the phone she whispered," Hannah wants to talk to you Sungmin-ah.. Be nice to her, okay?She's a very close friend of mine."

 

 


Sungmin nodded and took the phone from his Umma's hand.

He spoke slowly into the phone," Hello?"


 

 

 


"Is this Sungmin?" Hannah asked brightly.

Sungmin hesitated before answering," Umm.. yes?"

 




Hannah relaxed and spoke cheerfully,"I had to talk to you about Kyuhyun-ah, Sungmin."

Sungmin paused for a few seconds before humming softly in response.

 

 


"You see, Kyubaby is extremely protective about his family, Sungmin. He was simply being a moron to you this evening." Hannah exclaimed.

Sungmin rolled his eyes and mumbled a faint tell-me-about-it.

 




Hannah giggled good naturedly," When he was six, every time someone would ring the door, Kyuhyun would peek outside the window, armed with his baseball bat. He even scared away the mailman once."


Sungmin smiled at the excited woman's words and answered," That's really.... something."

 

 



"Kyuhyun has always been uptight, Sungmin. He doesnt trust people very easily, you see. So I hope you can.."


Sungmin cut in politely but firmly," I understand Mrs.Cho. But your son was downright impudent."

 

 

 



Hannah sighed pitifully," Can you talk to him just once Sungmin-ah?"

 

 


Sungmin skeptically kept silent.

"Make a old lady happy?" Hannah tried again, pretending to cough a bit.

 

 



Sungmin sighed in response and mumbled," Alright, Mrs. Cho. Only because Umma is very close to you and she wouldnt like me to refuse."


Sungmin cringed slightly as Hannah shrieked loudly," Cho Kyuhyun, come here you brat!"

 

 



A few seconds had passed when a husky voice spoke into the phone," Hey.."


Sungmin responded stiffly,"What's the matter? Want to go sassy on me again?"

 

 



Kyuhyun cleared his throat awkwardly and answered," Look, Sungmin-shi. I am... sorry."

"I shouldnt have said that to you. I barely know you and I assumed... I was being an . "

 

 



Sungmin scoffed," You think? "

 



Kyuhyun spoke cautiously," And Im sorry for keeping you late as well. I had issues to take care of at the company so I couldnt..."

"Okay." Sungmin replied skeptically.

 

 



"And I totally deserved to be...splashed" Kyuhyun continued in a meek voice.

Sungmin answered amusedly," Then I guess Im sorta sorry too for splashing you. Although you did deserve it."

 




Kyuhyun hastily answered," What?  No. You dont have to apologize. I am really sorry, Sungmin-shi."

"Alright, Kyuhyun-shi. I accept your apology." Sungmin replied lightly..

 


 


"Really?" Kyuhyun asked in disbelief.


Sungmin nodded his head and answered," Is that all?"

 

 



Kyuhyun stuttered for a second," W-wait.."


"Would you like to join me for a cup of coffee tomorrow morning?"

 

 



Sungmin hesitated," Im not too sure about that."

 

 


"Look, Sungmin-shi. I'd really like to make it up to you." Kyuhyun tried.

"I really appreciate the gesture but I cannot, Kyuhyun-shi"

 

 



Kyuhyun mumbled a light hang-on-a-second and turned to Ahra covering the phone with his palm," Ahra Noona. He doesnt want to. What should I do?"


Ahra rolled her eyes barely looking up from the televison screen and remarked," You're not trying hard, Kyubaby. Are you gonna let Appa take away the deal from you that easily?"

 

 

 

 


Kyuhyun immediately replied,"No!"

"Then apologize harder, Kyubaby. Use your rusty dating skills for once." Ahra replied.


 


"What dating skills Noona? You know that I havent ever dated.." Kyuhyun trailed off exasperatedly.
 

 



"Of course I do know you loner. And you do realise your keeping Sungmin-shi on hold while pestering me, right?" Ahra pointed out.
 


Kyuhyun widended his eyes and turned back to the phone and laughed awkwardly," Sorry about that.."

 

 

 


Sungmin's amused voice came through the line,"Your Noona seems.. real nice to you."


Kyuhyun spluttered completely horrified," Y-you heard? I did cover the mouth piece..or was it the ear piece? Oh God. Kill me."

 


 


Sungmin smiled," You know what, Kyuhyun-shi? I accept."


"You do?"

 




Sungmin replied lightly," Let's meet tomorrow and talk about the thing what our parents have decided about.. I assume you aren't very keen on the idea either?"


Kyuhyun nodded his head and spoke earnestly," Right."

 

 

 



Sungmin concluded," So I'll see you tomorrow at half past eleven at Kona Beans..?"


"Sounds like a plan."

 





 


 






(A/N)

So Kyubaby is back to being an awkward turtle again. Just took a splash of water, some bribings, threats and scoldings. :P

Dont hate on Kyubaby too  much,kay? He was just being...vigilant. orz

 

Do comment and upvote, alright? I would love to hear from everyone

//throws blueberry cheesecake

 

Have a nice day everyone~! Until next time :))

 

~95anichan signing off <3