The Mysterious Call And A Confession....♥♥

I Had This Friend Of Mine.....

 

I wait for you until the end of the world
I wait for you until the moment fate forbids
Now I can give you my everything
Can’t you come to me?
My dear love.........

Yesung’s soft, soothing voice was filled in the air as his ‘Waiting For You’ played.Heechul sat singing silently with him checking his mobile in between. He was really tired. Program was towards its end as only few minutes were remaining.

Erasing memories we had together
As if nothing happened
I say I do not know you
But my heart recognizes you at first
All the time spent with you is waiting for you
My last love, it is only you.

He went silent listening to the song. Outside, PD and his assistants were busy wrapping up the program...10 more minutes..One last call ,he signalled him.

He thought what he will do after wards....He really wanted to go home, but staying there alone would be pathetic. Why alone? Because all of his dorm mates would be out on their dates, as today was the special day...for celebrating love..Valentine’s Day.!

He sighed as he realized he would be alone today because almost everyone in his huge friend list had someone special to be with....

“Ahhh what a beautiful song..That was Yesung ah’s ‘Waiting for you.. his voice is perfect for these kind of songs ...so touching and peaceful..isn’t it??”Heechul spoke up as the song came to an end.

“This is Valentines Special program today and we are giving you a chance to speak your heart to someone... are you also waiting for someone?..Someone special..? But haven’t told them about it yet.?.or scared to confess it in front of them??”He was speaking in soft voice.

“Then here is your chance..pour your heart..Speak up..may be he or she will be listening to you...”He stopped as PD signalled him about an incoming call..

“No name...anonymous..”his computer screen lit up with text informing that caller doesn’t wish to disclose his/her identity.

“Ok...Here’s our last caller who wants to say something.. to a special someone...let’s hear..Hello...?”He waited for the response.

A few seconds passed but he received none. Only white noise...

“Hello?can you hear me?...See you have to speak if you have called...”He tried to get a response....

“Hello.......”came the responce,a soft,almost shy voice...

Heechul thought as if he had missed one heartbeat..because ....because he knew this voice...But it can’t be..it can’t be...HIM.

“Hello...I can hear you...What do you want to say...?.”He managed to speak, his voice shaky.

“That was a perfect song choice..Heechul sshi...It spoke my heart..”The voice went on.

Heechul froze.That voice...that accent..It was so familier....it can’t be...

“It must be my imagination...there is so much noise...”He was trying so hard to deny it...his heart..it is him..it was yelling... as he listened ....words being spoken...in broken Korean..!

“You said anyone can pour his heart today right.? Well let me tell you about my friend then...”the mysterious caller said...his voice soft...

Heechul was dumbstruck staring at the screen, his mind and brain fighting..It can’t be him Why? Why would he call??

“I had this friend of mine....” The caller continued.

“He was my first friend in a foreign city..I was young and I was scared..living in a big city where everyone is stranger to you and even the language is unknown  to you...surviving there alone would be hard won’t it be Heechul sshi?”Voice paused..as if waiting for a response..

PD looked at Heechul who just sat staring...frantically signalling to say something...But he didn’t..he couldn’t...how could he when he had heard this voice after this long...why was he calling?

“But then I met him..He was a unique personality Heechul sshi..everyone thought he was weird and selfish..I was not any exception..I was really disappointed when I found out he was my roommate..I really had expected someone helpful and understanding..But he was total opposite..He was arrogant and demanding.....”

It was the assistant... a young sweet girl who first suspected and came up with the idea..of who the caller might be..She whispered something in her PD’s ear..as he looked at her shocked...Ohh..Really?

“I used to get angry at him.... doing his chores, obeying him now and then..so angry.. of course behind his back..because I couldn’t stand his wrath even though I was martial arts champion...”the caller stated..smile in his tone.

Heechul half smiled.He was now sure who the caller was..everyone was...

He just wanted to know.... why.?..why after all these years??..

“But after some days I started to see his soft side...innocent and sweet...caring for his friends..he could go any extend to help them..I could see it every day..He stood out for me on many occasions..Shielding me with his thin, slender body from....from hateful glances..Poisonous words....”Caller paused as if lost in some thought.

Heechul’s mind travelled a few years back...bringing back old memories..

“He brought me in the light Heechul sshi..When I was hiding behind darkness....He stood behind me firmly..Whenever I needed him..He was there...with a bright smile on his face....”

“He was like a little child..but he thought me many things...right from his language to standing for myself....He used to complete my sentences..our friendship was that strong...his name and my name...it always came together...But everything is not always perfect, is it Heechul sshi?

There was this pain I could feel at times..when I used be soo tired to even listen to him..but I never told him anything...I never told anyone.....”

Heechul eyes were wet now...These words were piercing his hearts...but he pushed away a few stray tears immediately...Kim Heechul does not cry...

The caller’s voice had become hoarse as if trying to control huge torment...

“When I could not bear the pain anymore ..I made a decision..But I couldn’t tell him about it..It would have destroyed him..he was that much attached to me..like he was a part of me..And I just..I just left...”

A soft sob escaped from Heechul’s mouth as he covered it..when his deepest wound...one he thought was healed..opened..and he started bleeding again..tears... freely flowing...

The studio was crowded now...everyone presently at the studio gathering to witness this strange confession...

“But I was a fool...I saw him breaking apart..with no one to help him...I could have warned him..I could have saved him from that darkness when he locked himself in a room for several days... away from world...was he feeling betrayed Heechul sshi??”

Heechul remembered those days...when he sat alone..darkness surrounding him day and night..It was just him and his thoughts...which stopped coming after a few days..as his brain and mind went numb..he welcomed that numbness..because everything was finally peaceful..

“Would you...would you tell him..That it broke my heart when I saw him breaking down in public..was it because of my voice  that he suddenly heard..or was it because my name he heard...my name joined with his..!!..He doesn’t like crying in the public..He doesn’t show these kind of emotions to everyone..those are to precious for him..And I know I was precious to him...”The voice has become shaky filled with emotions...emotions which touched everyone in the room.

“I hear people say that I took a part of him with me...a major part of his bright innocent smile, playful and full of life image...and that the person that they see today is just a shadow..a lonely one..Can it be true Heechul sshi? I never wanted that..I wanted all happiness for him..but you don’t always get what you wish for do you Heechul sshi??” A of pain was apparent in the caller’s voice.

The line went silent for some time.

Heechul sat there staring at nothing...It was after a long time he was hearing this soft accent...which was dear to his heart...accent which instantly brought many images of this person in his mind ..how many years have passed since...Ohh.. it felt like ages..!!

The line came alive with caller’s soft giggles..

“You know..I should have packed him and smuggled him with me when I had the chance...Take me with you... he had said sitting in my big travel bag..He was that crazy..Heechul shhi?Aissh... that boy..”

A soft smile broke on Heechul’s lips as he remembered the incident...He was trying to be cute apparently..just for him!!

“Would you tell him that I miss him...his crazyness....”The voice became serious again.

“That I think of him every time..every second...that I still curse in Korean EXPERTLY even though I have almost forgotten the language??”a mischievous tone.

Heechul smirked hearing these words.

“That ...even now when I cook Beijing fried rice..I cook it for one extra person....And that when I go shopping for sunglasses I take one identical piece..knowing very well, that he would still steal mine if he is around ..”

“And would you also tell him that I have collection of hats in my apartment even though I hardly wear one?And that my fridge is full of white chocolates now as I unconsciously buy one for him whenever I think of him....”The voice had become soft and dreamy..

There was soft murmur in the crowd outside the recording room..as they smile through their teary eyes..The PD had long forgotten the program time limit ..as this was something extraordinary...more important than any other program.

As for Heechul,his heart was filled with warmth...

“He remembers..still remembers everything....”His mind was crying.

“Heechul sshi,Do you think he will understand if I tell him that I was scared..scared of what this world would say if they will find out my feelings for him?scared of what people might think?I was so scared of the damage it would do to my image, my career that I locked these feelings in corner of heart and buried the key deep inside me...??”The caller spoke his tone apologetic..

“But tell him that I am not scared anymore...not my image nor my career is more important than him...He is the air that I breath..and I can’t stop breathing because some stupid reasons like those...or what this world might say..because this HE is my whole world......”The line went silent again.

“So cheesy.....”Heechul couldn’t help but think....

“You know Heechul sshi...what he would say if he’ll hear all this....Aishh that was soo cheesy...”It was almost perfect imitation of Heechul’s voice.

Heechul smiled..Now when did he learn that...imitating me...Aisshh

“But I would say it again and again..no matter he or anyone else will think...”

Heechul rolled his eyes..Yeah he would...

“Heechul sshi...Would he believe me if I will tell him that I need his help once again..removing my mask..one that I wear everyday...mask of being all happy away from him...happy about my fame and big awards...Would he...would he snatch this mask also..Returning me my true happiness..?returning back our love to me...? Would he Heechul sshi??

“Would he believe me if I will say that NO fame NO cheer..is complete without last part of his name joined to my name...That he completes me....Tell me Heehcul sshi he will believe me right.....?

There was pin drop silence in the studio now...Everyone had held their breath...like Whole world had stopped moving...everyone’s eyes were on single person now...Who just sat their holding his headphones.

“Heehcul sshi...?”there was eagerness in the caller’s voice now...it was full of anxiety...

The clock ticked......everything was silent....

“He would be a big pabo if he wouldn’t......”Heehcul’s soft hoarse voice echoed in the studio..

Everyone was going crazy in the studio..cheers and squeals filled the air...as people chanted that name...combination name of two of their loved idols..

As for Heechul he was crying again...without hiding is tears now...these were his happy tears...these one he would show off....Something very special has happened in this last half an hour or so...something unimaginable for him....

The line was all silent..Heechul’s mind becameeager now...restless...Should he say something else....what now ...what will happen next...?

The PD shhh’ed everyone when line became alive again..filled with a very joyful voice...

“That’s really great....isn’t it Heechul sshi?Now would you do me a last favour...and tell him that it’s been quite a while since I have been standing here in front of a certain radio station..staring at a certain window.. DYING to see a certain face?......And....it’s getting really cold here now and people have started giving me weird looks.....An”

Heehcul didn’t even wait to hear the entire sentence when he realized what he was actually hearing .....as he stormed out of the studio...rushing through the crowd...which was now cheering even loudly following him...to witness a beautiful..Unforgettable moment...

Cheers and squeals could still be heard from within the studio...within Seoul..Korea...across the world..As fangirls and even fanboys chant ONE name....THEIR name.


This love that can’t be forgotten alone and changed
The monologue was left by your empty side
As I didn’t take your hand when you were by my side
I will never let you go again.


PD played this part of the song again...adding to the effect....

HANCHUL was indeed REAL...!!

 

 


Okk..I actually thought about this one when I was watching this Korean movie 'Speedy Scandal' when I saw  Cha Tae-hyun a DJ in the film..I thought of Heechul ....and as Hanchul mode of my brain is always ON this came up hehe :D

Anyways..I hope you will like it..Do let me know....

Thank You :)