Just Married

Just Married

 

It was that time of year again. Time for Wufan’s trip to Canada, that one time a year that if you called him Wufan instead of Kris he would get upset, that one time of year when he spoke random sentences in English just to piss everyone off. And after hearing so much about this glorious “North America” Wufan talked about so much, the rest of EXO decided they wanted to go with him. It was quite a battle, getting the EXO-M leader’s consent (though Joonmyun was also a leader, he didn’t have much input on the situation; it’s debatable that he even knew what was going on until they landed) but finally Kris agreed to fly everyone out to the western hemisphere with him. He wouldn’t let them venture into moose country though, confining them to Nevada instead. Las Vegas, to be exact.

After getting into a club using their cute faces and the fake IDs Sehun had created for them all, many of them had purchased a drink or two. Jongin was plowing steadily through his third beer, and Kyungsoo had lost count. Jongin and Kyungsoo were the only members left in the bar, the rest of them going out into the streets or back to their hotel room.

“And then,” Jongin had barely started the next sentence of his story before Kyungsoo burst into giggles, face scrunching up. That made Jongin laugh too, finishing off his beer. The thought Wow, I’m really drunk ran through his mind, but he ignored it.

“Hey, Kyungsoo… Do you know what would be really funny?” Jongin asked him. The older man looked at him, eyes a bit watery from how much he’d been giggling.

“If we drew on each other with paint?” Kyungsoo guessed. That made Jongin snort in laughter, shaking his head.

“What if we got married?”

“What?” Kyungsoo gave him that “I can’t actually tell if you’re joking” look.

“That’s what people do in Vegas, right? I mean, wouldn’t it be hilarious?” The word rolled off his tongue clumsily, the pronunciation difficult.

“Wufan would be so mad.” Kyungsoo said softly, giggling again. Devilish grins grew on their faces, and in a few minutes they were stumbling through the street. Soon they came across a big white building, a huge neon red sign in front of it.

They went inside, laughing at the people in white suits with big black hair, and Jongin thinks Kyungsoo might have kissed him but soon they were out in the streets, Kyungsoo’s left hand in his right, a white paper slightly crumpled in his other hand.

“Now can we draw on each other in paint?” Kyungsoo asked, the sentence muffled by giggles. At this point, nothing really sounded like a bad idea, and Jongin found himself nodding.

 

 

A door slammed and Jongin jumped, eyes scrunching up. He felt his head was about to split open, and he slumped back onto the pillows under him. He was probably in his hotel room (at least he hoped he was) slowly opening his eyes and looking around. This wasn’t his room, but luckily he recognized it as Kyungsoo’s. Which meant he was in Kyungsoo’s bed. .

The man himself was nowhere to be seen. Jongin knew that he was extremely hung over, but that was all he really knew about his situation—how he’d gotten that way and what he’d done.

Kyungsoo came out of the bathroom, looking like a wreck and wincing, wearing nothing but underwear.

“I think I just threw up my entire stomach.” He reported. “Do you know where my clothes are?”

“I was about to ask you the same thing.” Jongin answered. “We didn’t…do anything, did we? Do you know what happened last night?”

“No idea. At all.” Kyungsoo walked over to his suitcase, pulling out some sweatpants, and Jongin caught sight of something on his friend’s back.

“You have words on your back.” Jongin said, Kyungsoo tightening the drawstring of his sweats tighter around his hips.

“What do they say?” he asked, getting closer for Jongin to read them. It turned out to be only one word, written in what looked like paint, letters made up in wide black . JUST.

“All is says is ‘just’. Jongin reported, confused. “Does mine say anything?” He rolled onto his stomach, Kyungsoo pulling the sheet down to his hips. There were a few moments of silence, then

“…yeah.”

“What does it say?”

“Married.”

Just married.