Chapter 1.

For The Better.

The light slowly began to shine through the small window in Jessica Jung's dorm room, beaming onto her flawless face. The rays, now lighting the before dark room, reflected on her light shade pattern - making shadow paterns all around her room. Disturbed by this, Jessica pulled the bed cover over her face, blocking out the sun and shadows, and continued her sleep. Her baby blue painted room was decorated with shelves, paintings and awards. Her toys were perfectly organised on her shelves, along with all her awards which - alphabeticly ordered - were lined up. Her bookcase was quite empty, only occuping around five books due to the fact the sleepy princess was usually asleep rather than sleeping. Back in school, she never was the 'lively and popular' girl. Well, she was very popular with the boys - but she wasn't interested in boys. She had her best friends, Taeyeon Kim and Tiffany Hwang. But now, that had changed. Pictures of the three of them used to line her wall. Them at the lake, them on holiday, them at school. The three were inseprebable.

Now, that image was just the past.

Despite Jessica's desperate attempts to get the three back together, it was harder than she ever thought it would be. Taeyeon and Tiffany were an item. Jessica, was pushed to the back - and now it seemed the two hated Jessica for some reason. She would try to push her way in with them, but they'd just walk away or whisper to eachother. It was no hope for her. No hope at all.

But it got worst. They were part of a #1 girl group, set to dominate the world. SNSD, or Girls' Generation. It may not seem bad, but on stage - Jessica can only hope that one day Taeyeon or Tiffany will at least notice her. Seeing as the three were basically the lead vocalists, they were always batteling to sound the best. But that wasn't the point anymore - it was all just glares and whispers. That was all it was.

 

Just down the hall of the girl group's dormitory, Taeyeon Kim was fast asleep. She didn't sleep in the same room as Tiffany, but God only knew why. As much as Taeyeon begged for them to share a room - Tiffany didn't allow it. Her face buried into her green peas, Taeyeon - the dorky kid leader - snoozed off into her little childish dream world. Taeyeon was usually the most hyper out of the nine girl group, but lately - she wasn't. It was obvious, too. She was part of the MILK club - a club for the 'Gathering Of Depressed Souls'. As much as she put on a good, happy face - her heart was sinking. She was jealous of something - something Taeyeon didn't even know about. Taeyeon suddenly opened her eyes, being startled awake by the banging of Seohyun's footsteps running into the living room to watch cartoons. Taeyeon rolled her eyes, and sat up in bed - grabbing her book from the side table. She couldn't read - her mind was on something else.

She cuddled onto her peas, and read her book - trying to concentrate her mind. After many failed attempts, she got up and slid on some pj bottoms - as she was only wearing an oversized top and - and then grabbed one of Tiffany's jumpers that was on Taeyeon's bedroom floor. She walked into the kitchen, a massive yawn on her face, and lent on the doorframe.

"Taengoo! You're up!" Sooyoung smiled, greeting her unnie. Sooyoung, the biggest eater out of GG - however she was like a matchstick in size - was eating a massive bowl of noodles. She slurped them up, and they were gone in two minutes. Taeyeon shook her head at the younger girl, and got herself some noodles - but a smaller portion.

At that moment, Taeyeon's eyes lit up with excitement as someone came through into the kitchen. As Sooyoung silently left, Tiffany stood at the door frame - eye smiling brightly at Taeyeon. She ran over to her and kissed her cheek.

"Tae~" she smiled, hugging her waist. Stephanie Hwang, the eye smiling princess was the victim in this love triangle; loved dearly by Jessica and loved hard by Taeyeon. Like any normal person would try to do, Tiffany decided to keep out of it. Her jet black hair was pulled up into a bun, which she rarely had, and her face pure with no makeup which again was rare. As she was taller than Taeyeon, she picked her up and spun her round in circles. The giggling kid laughed as she was spun round and round again - beginning to get dizzy.

"Fany! S-stop! I'm dizzy!" Taeyeon laughed as Tiffany immediately obeyed the elder's order, and put her down. Taeyeon tried to walk, but stumbled over her own feet - and fell onto Tiffany. As she did, her feet got caught up with Fany's - and they both ended up as a hyper mess on the floor, Taeyeon on top of Tiffany. They both smirked at eachother, before they were interupted by a knock on the kitchen door. It was Jessica. Taeyeon spun her head round to face the brunnette, and then her face sunk.

"Oh. It's you." she said, before getting up off from Tiffany. She grabbed her noodles, and left the kitchen - walking into Jessica's shoulder. Jessica stood backwards from the impact, before walking forward to smile at Tiffany.

"Hi Fany!" she smiled. Tiffany smiled at Jessica.

"Sica!" Tiffany grinned, her signature eye smile showing. However, Taeyeon came back in for a drink - and Tiffany's smile instantly faded. Taeyeon looked at the two, and then gave a hint of a smile to Jessica - pouring her drink. The three stood there - staring at eachother for what seemed like hours.

"So how's the comeback for you, Taeyeon?" Jessica finally asked, breaking the silence.

"Fine." Taeyeon answered, putting her hand round Tiffany's waist - sipping her drink.

"You ppany?" Jessica repeated her question, looking up at the younger.

"Good." Steph replied, looping her arm round Taeyeon's waist just like she did with her. Jessica could see she wasn't wanted, so she turned around and into her room where Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Yoona and Yuri sat. The four of them sat on Jessica's bedroom floor, anxiously waiting for her return. Hyoyeon, who was leaning on the back of the bed, was beginning to lose her patience.

"Where the hell is she? It's been forever!" Hyoyeon asked, shouting.

"It's been two minutes," Yoona blankly said. The three laughed at the annoyed Hyoyeon, as Jessica quietly opened her door. The four all stood up.

"So? How did it go?" Sooyoung asked, smiling. Jessica didn't reply.

"Sicaa! Tell us! How was it? Did they speak to you?" Yuri excitedly smiled at Jessica, waiting for a reply. However, none came from Jessica. She just sat on her bed, looking out the window. Maybe it wasn't a good day for her today - but Jessica Jung was determined. And Jung's never give up on what they're determined to get.