Only Chapter

He Knows My Name

You woke up to the sound of your alarm clock. Slamming the inanimate object, you rolled over on your back, puffing your cheeks. "Another boring day at the same boring school", you frowned. You quickly got up, and went to the bathroom to brush your teeth. 

Unlike other girls, you didn't take an hour to decide on what to wear. You simply showered, went to your closet, and slipped on whatever came first. Today it was a pair of grey skinny jeans and an oversized black shirt. You combed your hair, grabbed your backpack and went to school. You sighed knowing it was going to be the same as any other day. You stepped outside and got on the bus.

You listened to music on your iPod as you sat alone on the bus to school. You bobbed your head and even made a little dance, feeling happy in your mini world . You felt as if you were floating on clouds, not giving a care in the world. The others looked at you and whispered. "Why does she listen to so much music and not get a social life?" "She's silly, she doesn't have any friends." "No wonder people don't like her." You heard through your earpieces, but you simply gave a smirk.

Several minutes later, you got to school. You stepped off of the bus and kept your earpieces on, walking in the school. You continued to walk, looking down, you accidentally collided into another figure, unexpectedly. You fell right on top of him, dropping his books. Both of your eyes made contact, you stared into each other's eyes for a while until you made a move. "Um..I apologize. Let me help you with that..", you nervously said, getting off of him. He gave you a bright beam, his eyes as well. "That's alright. I'll do it." 

You looked at him and scratched the back of your head. "I'm Jay. Jay Park. Nice to meet you." He wanted to say something else, but before he could, you quickly walked away, feeling ashamed. 'Why did I just do that?' You thought to yourself as you walked away, mentally slapping yourself. But you thought more about the boy you smashed into. 'Jay..', you thought. 'He's pretty cute,' you laughed at yourself, thinking about what you said. 'Shut up Richan, it was only for a moment. You just met him."

Jay stood there and smiled. He's known you for a while now and you didn't know anything about him until you bumped into him. He put his hand behind his neck and thought. 'I know you feel nobody cares about you. You're wrong, Richan. I'll prove it.'

You went on with your boring classes, then it was lunch time. You went to the lonely table that you sat at everyday. Jay saw you, as he did everyday, watching your every move as you ate alone. You put your earpieces on and started playing some music. He chuckled as he saw you bob your head, and mini dancing. "She's so adorable.." 

Without any further notice, Jay decided after so long to sit next to you on your lonely table. You grew surprised but then your face flushed when you saw him. You sheepishly smiled and then looked down. 'Why do I blush when I see him? It was just for a minute..'

Jay noticed you blushing and his heart melted. Jay secretly liked you, but he didn't want to make it visible. Usually all the other girls would fall head over heals for him, but he saw you as different from the other girls. He thought you were cute, adorable, and he noticed you kept to yourself. He couldn't fully explain what he felt, but from the moment he first saw you step in the school, he knew there was a spark in you that the others didn't have.

"Hey Richan." Your heart dropped when you heard him say your name. You didn't know how to respond. Was he an angel of some sort that knew everything? To you it seemed so. You gave a small smile, "How do you know my name?" He looked at you and drew himself closer to you, whispering in your right ear, "Let's just say I know everything, shall we?"

You smiled at him and whispered in his left ear, "Well, if you know everything, I'm a llama. Let's stick with that, shall we?" You looked at him, trying to hold back your laugh. After a few seconds, you both started laughing in unison. Jay couldn't help but look at you laugh. 'Such a cute laugh,' he thought.

After all the laughing stopped, you looked at him, "I gotta say, whoever your girlfriend is, sure is lucky." You giggled at your silly yet true comment. Jay started to blush, "I don't have a girlfriend," he gave a small smile. Your eyes widened and jaw dropped, "You sure? If I were you, I'd have loads of girls simply drooling for me." You both laughed again, then Jay said, "Well, I wouldn't say I like those type of girls, but I could say that some do like me." He gave a small pout.

You both kept talking during the lunch hour and you both felt as if you knew each other forever. Then suddenly two girls came, wearing really short skirts and tops that barely covered their stomach. "Yah! Oppa, why are you hanging out with her? Why not hang out with prettier and far more popular girls like us?" You looked at Jay and frowned, returning to eating the remainder of your lunch.

"Come on, oppa!" They started tugging at his muscular arms, but he refused. Instead, he got up and said, "I can hang out with whoever I want. And Richan? She's far more prettier than both of you combined. Not to be rude, but please, leave me alone."

The girls pouted and walked away pretending to cry. He looked at you and noticed you covering your face. He secretly smiled at you but said gently, "Is something the matter?" 

You said without turning towards him, "You didn't have to do that, ya know." With your face in your hands, he took you by the chin and turned you to face him, "Hey, it's the truth. You're far prettier than those s." You blushed and smiled showing teeth. He smiled as well, and just as this happened, the bell rang.

At the end of the day, the bell rang letting everyone know they could leave, you put your earpieces on, but two arms held your wrists behind you, stopping you from doing so. You turned around to see Jay beaming the beam that melted your heart. You giggled, "Hi Jay." "Hi Richan!" He said with enthusiasm as you looked at each other.

"I'm gonna miss my bus..what's up?", you said in curiosity. "Wanna hang out later? I mean, to get to know each other more? You seem pretty cool." He said casually, although inside, he was hoping that you say yes. You looked at him, wondering why someone wanted to get to know you so much. Nobody ever asked to hang out with you before unless it was a family member.

"Sure! Um. Does that require my address or something?", you exclaimed. He smiled at your response, "Woo! Uh sure, here's a paper," he whistled and rocked his feet back and forth. You laughed at his dorkiness and wrote your address and cell phone number on the paper. "See you later, Jay!" "See you, Richan!" You ran to your bus, feeling happy inside but you also felt butterflies.

After you did your homework, you went outside in the backyard as you usually did. But you went outside with a surprise. "Hello there." It was Jay. You looked at him confused but laughed a little, "What ever happened to calling me to let me know you were coming?" "My fingers were lazy, I decided to walk here instead," he stuck out his tongue. "Well, is there something you want?", you asked, still confused. "Remember when I said I wanted to hang out? Well, let's hang!"

"Oh uh, okay. Where do you wanna go?" You said, excitedly. "Let's go take a walk on the beach. It's pretty warm out, plus are rides right by the boardwalk, I got some tickets." You eyed him suspiciously, "This was planned wasn't it?" Jay winked at you and grabbed your hand, "Let's go before it's too late!" You let him drag you as you both ran to the beach, which wasn't too far away.

When you two got to the beach, the first place you went to were the rides. Jay gave you half the tickets and you both went on the same rides. You haven't had this fun since you were a toddler. You felt as though someone from school actually cared about you for once. You went on some more rides and then after the last ride, Jay exclaimed, "Let's take a walk."

He bought you both cotton candy and you both walked on the sand by the waters of the beach. The sun was setting so gallantly and gracefully as it was disappearing through the water of the Earth. You both walked and were silent until you broke the silence. "Hey Jay, how come you're doing all this for me?"

Jay's heart stiffened, the answer to that question was because he really liked you. But instead he said, "I just wanted to make a friend, that's all. Plus, you're pretty cool." You looked at the pebbles in the sand, "Well you could be doing all this with a special girl and you could get a girlfriend. I'm just a lame musical kid." You beamed. He knew that you were the special girl and all he wanted was to be your first boyfriend. 

"You're not lame, you're different. Being different is a good thing. You're not like all those other girls who care about nothing but guys. You have a love for music, you don't pay attention to the things people say about you, you're smart and you put effort in your school work."

You looked at him, eyes widening. "How do you know all this about me? You knew my name without me telling you, but apparently that's not all. How come?" He then stopped walking, as did you. "What's wrong?", you asked in confusion to his hault. Without thinking, he then wrapped his arms around you, not being able to contain himself, making your heart beat faster than normal. He looked down at you and removed the strands of hair that were stuck on your face. He then bent in, his face close to yours. He came closer and closer until you could feel the heat of his lips.

"So beautiful...", he then planted his lips on yours, with him being surprised, you kissed him back. The sun was setting and the sky turned pinkish-purple. He ended the kiss and found a rock that was shaped like a heart. He took it and placed it on his heart, he then put it in your hand.

"Richan Lee, the reason I know all these things about you is because..I love you. From the day I found out your name," he continued to hug you, as he kissed you again, the sun had fully set.