Burden

Burden

 

*This One Shot is written in Sungmin’s Point Of View*

I look down at the beautiful, sparkling water that is beneath the bridge and smile. I take a deep breath and take a step closer to the edge. I close my eyes and ready myself to jump off. Then I feel arms wrap around me, pulling me away from the edge of the bridge. “Sungmin… what the hell is wrong with you> Why would you even think about jumping… and leaving me?” Eunhyuk says in broken words. I sigh and turn around to face Eunhyuk. His eyes are all red and puffy, and his face is wet with his tears. “I’m sorry Eunhyuk… maybe I’m sick of crying myself to sleep every night, maybe I’m sick of my parents beating me every single day for little things. Maybe I’m sick of being bullied at school… maybe I just can’t take it anymore! It hurts Eunhyuk… it’s just too much for one person to handle…” I start sobbing into Eunhyuk’s chest and he gently rubs my back. “Sungmin, you shouldn’t keep your problems to yourself. You should have told me. I could have helped you, I wouldn’t have been harsh on you or told you to get over it. I thought we agreed to never keep secrets?” Eunhyuk says quietly, and I hug him tightly, sobbing even more. “I’m sorry… but I didn’t want to burden you… dating me is a burden enough.” I say quietly. “Sungmin, you are not a burden. You are the best thing that’s ever happened to me. I’m serious. Before we started dating, I considered jumping off this very bridge myself. But you stopped me, you said I can tell you all of my problems, no matter how stupid I think they are. You can tell me anything Sungmin. Anything.” Eunhyuk gently caresses my cheek, wiping away some of my tears. “Please, Sungmin don’t ever let your problems bottle up… and please, don’t ever consider suicide again…” Eunhyuk says, a few tears falling. I nod, not trusting my voice, and hug Eunhyuk tightly. Eunhyuk holds me safely in his arms, as I try to calm down my crying. “Eunhyuk, I don’t want to go home… I’m scared that they’ll beat me again…” I say quietly, and Eunhyuk hugs me tightly. “Come on, I’ll take you to my house alright?” Eunhyuk says, taking my hand and leading me to his house, where I feel most safe.