Miracle

Strawberries: Sequel to Bubble Tea

Soon came the day of Eunji's funeral. Jessica, Tiffany, Krystal, and Jessica's mother were among the small few that attended. Most relatives of Eunji were dead, and nobody knew how to contact her fiancee's family, so it was a small service. It was then that Jessica and Tiffany first met Kyungsan.

"Oh, he's so beautiful," Jessica gushed, picking up the curious little boy. Tiffany agreed, but seemed to be keeping her distance from him. "What's wrong, honey? Wanna hold him?"

"Uh, no, I can't... I just... I'm not used to small babies, I guess!"

"It's okay. You'll be spending a lot of time with him now, right?"

Tiffany's eyes lit up. "Really?"

"Kyungsan-ah, say hi to your mommy Tiffany!"

Tears began to form on the rims of Tiffany's eyes. "I promise I'll be a great mommy, Kyungsan-ah!"

Jessica paused to think about everything that was happening. She had never actually done that. What if they couldn't raise him? What if they ended up being bad moms? She looked back to Tiffany, who was gazing at Kyungsan with the happiest face possible. This made Jessica's thoughts completely turn around: what if they were great at raising him? What if they were great moms? What if Kyungsan turned into the best thing that ever happened to them?

That one small hope forced Jessica to keep on holding the tiny miracle in her arms.

 

"Taeyeon!" Jessica dropped her grocery bags and ran up to hug her best friend and co-manager. "I didn't know you were coming over today! Are you staying for dinner?"

"Only if I won't be a burden."

"Of course not."

"Okay. Can I take some bags for you?"

"Oh, sure, thanks. Where are Tiffany and Kyungsan?"

"Both taking naps, to be honest! Fany got stressed out trying to take care of him while you were gone today, so she called me. I came over and finally got him to stop crying, then she sort of crashed."

"He was crying? Oh, my poor baby! Is he okay? And what about Fany?"

"They're both fine now. Fany-ah tried her hardest, she really did! Maybe it would be a good idea to enroll her in some childcare classes? She knows the basics of physical care, but emotional care is way out of her league. She can't even hold him."

"I know, I feel awful. I don't want him to grow up not being close to her, you know?"

"Yeah. Oh, here she comes now. Hey, Fany, did you sleep well?"

"Mm-hm... Oh, Sica, you're home! Sorry, I wasn't even able to take care of Kyungsan-ah for a couple of hours..."

"It's okay, sweetie. Babies are hard to take care of. Hey, what do you say to us taking babycare classes? That way, we'd know how to take care of our angel better."

"I'm one step ahead of you! I started looking up nearby places to take those classes, and this one got the best reviews." Jessica took the flyer and looked it over. She smiled to herself knowing that Tiffany was doing her absolute best for their baby.

"Thursdays from three to four? Taeyeon, you think I can have those slots open?"

"Absolutely!"

There was a terrible cry coming from the other room. "I'll get him," Jessica offered, runing into the nursery and scooping up Kyungsan. "Shh, shh, it's okay, darling. You must be hungry, huh? Let's go get some formula, okay? Okay. And you can go see mommy Tiffany and mommy Taeyeon," the blonde added with a giggle.

 

"Aw, come here, baby boy! Don't cry, I've got you!"

"Sunny, you're sounding like a mom," Taeyeon said, laughing.

"Instead of Sunny-Bunny, it's Sunny-Mummy," Yoona teased.

"I think every one of us acts like a mommy. Kyungsan-ah has nine mommies," declared Hyoyeon.

"He's so lucky to have us," Yuri stated.

"Yup, not many boys are surrounded by nine y women taking care of them," joked Seohyun, earning a highfive from Sooyoung and a punch in the arm from Taeyeon.

"Seriously, though," Tiffany said, "Sica and I really appreciate you helping us out."

"Yeah, you guys make the perfect mommies," Jessica agreed.

 

"Here's his bottle," Tiffany yelled, tearing through the house to get to the crying Kyungsan.

"Thanks. Hey, do you wanna try feeding him?"

"No, I can't..."

"I'll hold him. You just give him the bottle. Like this, okay? There you go, you're doing it!"

"Yeah, I am!"

The younger of the two looked up with a smile. "You're a great mom, Tiffany. You'll raise Kyungsan-ah very well."

"Same to you, Sica."

The happy couple apologized to Taeyeon for the inconvenience, then put Kyungsan in his playpen as the three ate dinner. They talked and laughed and teased each other. All awkwardness from their previous years was gone. Taeyeon no longer hurt because of Tiffany, and Jessica no longer felt guilty because of it. Everything seemed to have fallen into place. Well, for the most part.

Now, if only the awkward Tiffany could just bring herself to hold the baby...

 

Yay, I finally got around to updating ^^

How was this chapter? Did you enjoy it? Tell me what you think below~ Love you guys!!