News

Strawberries: Sequel to Bubble Tea

"Hey, Sica?"

"Yeah, honey?"

"Question."

"Answer."

"Have you ever thought about having a kid?"

Jessica nearly dropped her wooden spoon on the kitchen floor, spinning around to face her girlfriend. "Uh... what?"

"I said, have you ever--"

"I heard what you said, I'm just wondering why you... What?"

"I was thinking, ya know, cuz I'm surrounded by kids all the time while I'm teaching my kindergarten art class, but I want one of my own."

"That's great, sweetie, but... You know we can't make one, right?"

"Well, duh! I'm twenty-seven. I know how it works."

"Then why did you ask about it?"

"Because we can always adopt! Please, Sica? You always look at the children at the Cafe with such longing, I know you want one too!" Tiffany was right; Jessica had been thinking about children a lot lately. She was twenty-four now, and she had been hearing of school aquaintences getting married and having babies now. Why wouldn't she want one as well?

"Yeah, I do. But we couldn't even take care of Yuri and Yoona's puppy for a day. What makes you think we could take care of a human baby?"

"I have faith in us! Pleeeeeeeeeeeease?"

"...Well... I'll think about it."

"Yes!"

"Come on, Fany, get yourself to the table. Dinner's ready."

The two chatted about random things as they ate, anything from work to movies to Hyoyeon's new rainbow hair. When they were finished, they watched a movie, then headed to bed. Tiffany didn't mention anymore about the baby subject, but Jessica knew the brunette was continuously thinking about it.

 

"I'll get it," Tiffany shouted as the home phone rang. "Hello? Oh, hey, Krystal! I'm great, you? ...What? Really? I'm so sorry!"

Jessica looked up from her paperwork, wondering what was wrong.

"That's awful! Were you close? No? Well, even so, let me know if there's anything I can do to make you feel better. You must be very torn up about this. Sica?" Jessica tilted her head to the side at the mention of her name. What was going on? "She's doing paperwork. I'll tell her later."

No, the young woman thought, you'll tell me now.

"Well, Sica's staring daggers at me, so I'd better go and inform her. I'll have her call you afterwards, okay? Alright. Goodbye, Krystal. And again, I'm so sorry. Truly." Tiffany gently put the phone back and turned to Jessica. "Um, Sica? Do you remember a very distant cousin of yours, Eunji?"

"Barely. I think I met her once or twice. Yeah, she was the one I couldn't understand, because English was my only language at the time. Why? What happened?"

"She... She's dead."

Jessica blinked. Dead? How was it possible? "She's only, like, twenty... how can she...?"

Tiffany wiped a stray tear from her eye. "I'm so sorry. Do you wanna go call your sister?"

"Yeah. Hand me the phone?" As soon as Jessica had ahold of it, she dialed Krystal's number. "Hey, Unnie? Is it true? Eunji really died?"

"Yeah. I was a bit shocked. She was so young. Apparently, she and her fiancee were in a car accident. Both of them are gone. Um, Jessi... did you know that she had a baby?"

"A baby?"

"Yeah. A baby boy named Kyungsan. He's alive. Since we don't know anything about his family, and Eunji didn't write her will yet, so the police don't know what to do with him. Nobody in the family wants him, so it looks like he'll have to go up for adoption."

Before she knew what happened, Jessica shouted: "wait!"

"Huh? What?"

"Um... do you think... Tiffany and I could, you know..."

"Jessi, are you saying you want you and Tiff to raise him?"

"Uh, well..." The blonde's eyes fell upon Tiffany who was on her cell phone.

"Yuri, your flower shop is the best around. Do you think you could do me a favor? A relative of Sica's died, and I want to help with the funeral. Do you think we could get a discount?" Jessica smiled. Tiffany was so sweet and caring. And great with kids. Maybe she really would be great with children. Maybe Jessica would be as well.

"Yeah. I am."

"Uhm, okay then... well, I'll tell Child Services. Since you're the only relative of Eunji that's willing to take him in, I bet you'll get him. I'll talk to you later, kay, Jessi?"

"Yeah. See ya, Krystal. And thanks. Hey, Fany?"

"Uh-huh?"

"Do you still want a baby?"

 

So, how was the first chapter? Are you happy I'm back? ^.^ This was just an introduction chapter, so it was short. This is a bit of a sad chapter, but don't worry, cuz it'll get happy later on~ Love you guys, and I hope you enjoy the sequel just as much as you did the original story <3