Unexpected

Plot Bunny Dump

It was March when Kai first spotted Wide-Eyes behind the camera, and because the photographer had a pair of lips that rivalled his own in thickness and plumpness, he had put a little more effort into his shoot that day. The concept had been tacky, in his opinion, something about spoiled rich princes draped in lurid gold and gems - everything but actual clothing that could be counted as decent. He used this to his advantage, stretching languidly beneath the harsh fluorescent lighting, the oil on his torso gleaming beneath the festoons of precious metal chains. He pushed a grape between his smirking lips, on his index finger slowly as he eyeed the camera. Several makeup artists, both male and female, fainted.

But there had been no stutter in the flashes, no tell-tale blush even when Kai breathed hotly down his neck as they inspected the photos, and Sehun laughed at him afterwards for trying too hard.





It was May when they met again, and this time, Kai tried a new tack. He ran the complete opposite way from his methods last time, blatantly ignoring Wide-Eyes’ directions.

Each ‘please’ that reached his ears doubled his heart rate as he imagined the voice saying it in a much more breathless manner, in a higher pitch as he-

Blatantly ignoring.

However, after a few minutes, the soft entreaties quieted, and there was only the clicking of the camera. Kai was a man of discipline, so he did not relent in his coldness, certain that in a few moments the photographer would give in and ask to halt the shoot to speak to him in private, and he fully intended to exploit such an opportunity.

Thus, he was surprised when Baekhyun had called a wrap. Wide-Eyes made no attempt to speak to him in any way, instead asking his manager for his opinion on the photos. Kai felt anger twist its claws around his stomach as the photographer grinned widely at Joonmyun, and made to stomp over to the laptop the two were hunched over and demand to see his shots. Unfortunately, in his rage, he missed the massive tangle of wires lying on the ground in front of him, and cursed loudly in pain when a lighting stand toppled over on top of him.

Yet, even after the fiasco, Wide-Eyes didn’t so much as look his way while Joonmyun fussed over him. It was after he had already left that Kai realized that he still didn’t know the man’s name.

When the magazine came out later, he groaned, understanding why there had been no objections to his rude demeanor.

‘détaché: la jeune élite’





“Kyungsoo.”

Kai lifted his head off the pillow to squint at the other boy, stifling a yawn.

“S-Sehun, what are you doing here?”

“Do Kyungsoo. The guy you’ve been pining after for half a year.”

“W-W-Wha-?” The yawn escaped him, despite his fervent attempts.

“God, you’re slow in the morning. Or afternoon.” Sehun gestured to the few rays of summer sunshine peeking through the curtains and threw a few pages of the newspaper at him, hitting him square in the face. “Get up, you . Luhan’s taking us out for dinner later,” he said tonelessly before walking out of the room and to the kitchen to raid his fridge.

Kai whined sleepily, sitting up with difficulty and blinking blearily at the newsprint. It took him a full minute before his eyes found the headline of the section Sehun had brought him, right beneath a black and white photograph of the face that had haunted his dreams for the last few months.

He was out of bed in half that time.

That Do Kyungsoo?! Sehun, are you serious?!?”





“Kai! Sehunnie! Over here!”

The baby-faced photographer was seated at a booth at the back of the busy restaurant. He could also see the black hair of another person seated opposite him.

He hadn’t stopped bugging Sehun about the morning’s article.

“I had no idea he was that young! The stuff you read about him - you’d expect him to be some old geezer-“

“Kai.”

“I mean how old is he?? He doesn’t look any older than our age, for chrissake, how’s that amount of attention even possible,” he grumbled as he slid into the bench opposite Luhan.

“Kai-“

“And why the hell is he behind the camera?! With a face like that he’d do just as well as a model. That body didn’t look too bad either-“

Kim Jongin.”

Kai stopped mid-rant and glared at the blank-faced boy across the table and his snickering boyfriend.

Sehun tilted his head to his left. Kai frowned and followed his lead-

-and felt his stomach drop out of existence when he found huge eyes staring back at him in a mix of amusement, confusion, and irritation.

There was a second of silence, and Luhan burst into a high shriek of laughter, and Sehun threw himself in front of the older boy as Kai lunged across the table, hands extended in claws for the photographer’s neck.





Bonus:



When Jongin had pulled Kyungsoo into his apartment (with some difficulty, since unlocking the door was complicated when the elder was wrapped around his torso and the bejeezus out of his clavicles), this was certainly not the outcome he had been expecting.

He had had Kyungsoo and blushing a pretty pink, pressed into his bed while he alternated between orally worshipping the pale skin of his chest and neck and hissing filthy words into his ear. He had paused in his ministrations and stared down at the older male before pressing a soft, chaste kiss to the corner of his lips when he caught a flash of mischief in those black eyes. Before he knew what was happening, the world had spun and he had the wind knocked out of him.

Kyungsoo straddled him, expression smug and gloating, and chuckled at the bewildered look on his face.

“Brats like you need to be taught a lesson, Kim Jongin,” he whispered, leaning down and nipping at his earlobe, the syllables of his name coming out in a low purr.

And Jongin couldn’t find it in himself to complain.

 

 

--

Drabbles ok. Drabbles. Don't expect epics. Just flashfics.

-Ace